Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Errol Spence on Loma: I don't see anything special, they hype him up!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
    YDKSAB, MOST DEFINITELY!
    Enjoy your fantasies.
    So Floyd won how many gold medals and beat how many gold medalist, top ranked amateurs of all time, easily? That would be an awesome fight but Loma in his current form would be favored.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
      Lol no fkn way Duran beats Loma at 135. Your logic that Loma lost to Solido is surely your justifying thought on this but you're forgetting that it was his 2nd pro fight against an extremely durable, seasoned fighter who he arguably beat anyways. The current version of Loma should be favored over anyone at 130-135 ever. And yes, there's proof to support that.
      Duran at 135 would devour Lomo. Come on man. He would bully him.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
        YDKSAB, MOST DEFINITELY!
        Enjoy your fantasies.
        Let me guess, you're black and are a Floyd fan?

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
          Duran at 135 would devour Lomo. Come on man. He would bully him.
          I don't think so but of course we will never know. I think you're just fooled because of the Salido fight.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
            Ali didn't own Berbick and he didn't own Doug Jones. Boxing doesn't work like that.

Anyway Loma vs. Ali is dumb. Too far in weight and Loma is just starting. Ali is already great.

Loma would school Spence on a p4p level though. Not a close fight.
            Yeah, in his 2nd pro fight? Do you not think he would own him right now? Solido does, which is why he turned down a career high payday for a rematch.
            It's hard to argue with you guys on certain topics here.

In one breath, you use Loma's lack of experience at the pro level to praise him for his accomplishments, and you use that same reasoning to excuse his shortcomings...

He lost to a C-level fighter, and needs a rematch to compensate. Imo, Loma is a very good fighter, but it's ludicrous to compare him to ali. He hasn't faced the level of competition yet, and regardless of the constant spin that goes on around here, he lost to Salido.

Comment

So Floyd won how many gold medals and beat how many gold medalist, top ranked amateurs of all time, easily? That would be an awesome fight but Loma in his current form would be favored.
              This is professional boxing. Floyd would've destroyed Loma at 130 or 135. Go watch Floyd at 130.

Comment

Let me guess, you're black and are a Floyd fan?
                Weak people resort to race. I don't roll that way.

Comment

tbh im a bit shocked and suprised and disappointed by spence here, same ole stuff, are all these US guys just totally racist? looks like it, same thing different person, yeah they are hyping him up because (smug look, smirk, hehe)

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                    I think sometimes when fighters make opinions of other fighters it's in the context of 'would this guy beat me or not?'.

Spence probably visualizes a fight between Lomachenko and him (pound for pound of course) and thinks: "neh I could totally destroy this guy".

Quite frankly I think even if Loma was a welterweight Spence would destroy him. Loma would be leading on points probably but he would be broken down from the minute the bell from the first round rings.

Spence doesn't follow the points system when he fights. You can see that he fights on the premise of breaking you down mentally and physically until there's nothing left of you. The scorecards are not on his mind when he fights. He's like, a skilled brawler.
                    So Spence thinks and will KO all his opponent?

Comment

That's his opinion.
                      Just like there are people that don't think Spence is special.
                      I personally think Loma is special and Spence is really good, but they still have to put in the work to see how good they are.

Also, what's the point of the Ali vs. Loma discussion?
                      They don't fight in the same weight class or era.
                      Ali is highly regarded by most. Loma has work to do if he wants to get mentioned with those greats.

Arum has compared several of his fighters to Ali, so it's not like he is doing it only for Loma. He should just leave it alone, but it creates hype, something to talk about, I guess.
                      It's not like Loma is being disrespectful towards Ali like other fighters we know.

Comment

Working...
                      X