Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

?? Memorabilia, Help Retired Champs question...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    Us prizefighters aren't all crazy violent psychopaths
    I know you ain’t because I’ve been around long enough – nearly 50 years – into the sport, and have close friends who entered the Olympics.

But nowadays, I’m also very aware of the damages boxing causes. Still, I watch it. My moral standards are not better than McClellan’s or any other prize fighter’s.

I presume you don’t mind that also McClellan is included when it comes to help ex-champs in need.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      I'd love to see this given special permission here. I was part of a fundraising effort (not unlike yours) on a very popular forum. Once the admin gave us approval, we raised thousands for various charities. Hope this happens for you Iceman, and for the champs.
      So would I like to see permission its a great cause and to take it a step further how about Boxing Scene having a page where members can donate a dollar or two if they wish,,,,,, be a good public image for this web site !

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
        So would I like to see permission its a great cause and to take it a step further how about Boxing Scene having a page where members can donate a dollar or two if they wish,,,,,, be a good public image for this web site !
        Absolutely. Would be a good look for BoxingScene. And, being run by a known and respected figure in the industry like John gives it legitimacy.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
          That’s fantastic man, I’d happily help raise support for Benitez. It’s incredibly sad that he has such a degenerative brain condition. How was he when you met him? You read various stories in the media but it’s hard to distinguish what is credible.
          Truth be told, to keep it 1000 real for everyone...it is what it is...at this point, if his sister were to leave him alone in the house for a length of time he wouldnt survive. He wouldnt be able to get out of bed to feed himself. It's THAT dire. That's why I try to raise money here and there for them to help out

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            You know, u might be on to something HUGE here, my man!! I am going to message BigPoppa right now

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
              Truth be told, to keep it 1000 real for everyone...it is what it is...at this point, if his sister were to leave him alone in the house for a length of time he wouldnt survive. He wouldnt be able to get out of bed to feed himself. It's THAT dire. That's why I try to raise money here and there for them to help out
              Yeah I’ve read some brutal stuff, like him reportedly asking his own sister to shoot him, in order to end it all. I was never sure whether a lot of it was fabricated like the stories you used to get when Ali was ill, but from what you say it seems real bad man. My heart goes out to Benitez he was a great fighter and is greatly under appreciated as well IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                Yeah I’ve read some brutal stuff, like him reportedly asking his own sister to shoot him, in order to end it all. I was never sure whether a lot of it was fabricated like the stories you used to get when Ali was ill, but from what you say it seems real bad man. My heart goes out to Benitez he was a great fighter and is greatly under appreciated as well IMO.
                Yup, he should be talked about more than he is...a child, a kid, 16 and 17 years old fighting guys like Harold Weston and Cervantes...THAT'S CRAZY if u really think about it.

Comment

Yup, he should be talked about more than he is...a child, a kid, 16 and 17 years old fighting guys like Harold Weston and Cervantes...THAT'S CRAZY if u really think about it.
                  Yeah he remains the youngest ever world champion to this day I think. If he wasn’t in the same era as the four kings he’d be much more appreciated IMO

Comment

Is it OK to post items on here or is there a special page for that? I have some posters, signed boxing cards, programs, magazines, books, and many other items that I sell off with proceeds go to former champions in need, the two most recent and in need being Gerald McClellan and Wilfred Benitez. Can that be done right here or is there a spcial page on the board for that type thing???
                    When u decide on how u going to do this , post on here what u have for sale ,I would want to check and buy . as u can see from my avatar I collect things,

Comment

Originally posted by the mesiah View Post
                      When u decide on how u going to do this , post on here what u have for sale ,I would want to check and buy . as u can see from my avatar I collect things,
                      Messiah, check your inbox, Ill send u my email address

Comment

Working...
                      X