No announcement yet.

Is mayweather still cherry picking? randum dudes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G G G View Post
    I think most of us in BoxingScene could go undefeated if we cherry picked opponents as well. Mayweathers career is a fraud and thats why he was forgotten.
    He’s forgotten but he could sell more ppvs than ggg in any country

Comment

I only read the title, and Mayweather did need him, he needed him in order to make all that money he made in that one fight.

Comment

Mayweather's ego is greater than his record

Floyd “Money” Mayweather has for years insisted he is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world, insisting he is the most gifted pugilist since Sugar Ray Leonard, no less.

Although Mayweather is unbeaten in 47 bouts and is clearly better than all peers and firm favorite to outpoint Manny Pacquiao when they finally meet in Las Vegas on May 2, the brash American is way short of surpassing Leonard’s achievements.

Even though Mayweather has won world titles from super-feather to light-middle and earned more than any other fighter in the sport’s history – at least $500 million – his lasting legacy will be that of a master manipulator rather than a legendary fighter.

That’s because the 38-year-old champ has always cherry-picked his opponents when it best suited him – and never fought outside his comfort zone, always taking on fighters he was assured of beating. His slippery, defensive style is not entertaining. The clash with Pacquiao will generate plenty of interest beyond boxing circles, but the bout itself is likely to be an anti-climax, with Pacquiao chasing shadows most of the time as Money picks him off on the back foot.

Leonard, a natural welterweight, went up to light-heavy just to prove he could win a world title at that level. He also took on the fearsome Marvin Hagler at middleweight and controversially won.

Jacques Scott
        There were, of course, the classic fights with Tommy Hearns, Roberto Duran, Wilfredo Benitez, et al., mostly wins. Losing was never a fear for Leonard, he just relished the challenge of taking on the best.

Mayweather is now calling himself TBE: The Best Ever. Not so by a long shot.

He might be the greatest fighter of his generation, but even if he beats Pacquiao to unify the welterweight titles, Sugar Ray Robinson’s achievements remain the apogee any boxer must surpass to claim the mantle of the sport’s most gifted.

Robinson’s record speaks for itself. He fought over 200 times, well into his 40s and his overall win and knockout record eclipses every fighter’s at any weight.

Leonard’s record is not far behind, and a host of other throwback welterweights, including Emile Griffith, Henry Armstrong and Barney Ross, would have beaten Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
          Muhammad Ali called himself the GOAT even before winning the heavyweight world title. But you want to criticize Floyd for fighting Berto after he had already had 25 title fights against 23 current of former champions?

Tell me, do you even know the name of the bum Ali fought right after beating Foreman or what his record was? I guarantee you can't tell me without googling it or going to boxrec.

this has nothing to do with ali, wtf??? im just letting YOU know that when his fans and himself call him TBE, then you better back that shiiet up! like i said, him and his fans put this on himself so dont cry now and start name dropping.

Comment

And, that's what really haunts you. That he's confident and happy. You just can't stand that and since you'll never be able to hurt him, you lash out at his fans and try to make them miserable like you.
            Get help. You'll feel a lot better. I promise.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
              this has nothing to do with ali, wtf??? im just letting YOU know that when his fans and himself call him TBE, then you better back that shiiet up! like i said, him and his fans put this on himself so dont cry now and start name dropping.
              My point is guys have done this before. Called themselves the greatest or the best even when they had accomplished less than Floyd has.

Because Floyd calls himself the best the haters, like yourself, want to hold him to an unbelievable standard just so you can discredit him.

Comment

Agree with Redd Foxx.

Seek help immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
                  Isn't this like 3 years old?
                  Someone exposed op as a hypocrite about Floyd and he lost his mind posting old articles

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
                    Isn't this like 3 years old?
                    All the articles that TS is spamming the forums with are multiple years old. Pretty sure he's just typed "Mayweather cherrypicker" into google or something a long those lines. I wonder if he actually thinks he doesn't look like a total moron by spamming these old articles.

He's either lost his mind after being exposed earlier today or is trying to flood the forums so the threads exposing him get lost.

Either way the guy is pathetic weirdo.

Comment

Shane's not really the guy to talk like that, lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X