No announcement yet.

Rid**** Bowe vs Deontay Wilder would've been interesting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
    KO ratio doesn't matter much! Otherwise, Alex Stewart, who once was a 100% knockout record would've been a more powerful puncher than Mike Tyson who had less than 100% knockout record but anyone who understood boxing enough, knew that such wasn't the case.

What matters more is who you beat. And how many in prime, top 10 ranked, previously UN-KO'ed and / or undefeated opponents has Deontay Wilder KO'ed? Pretty much none!

Wilder's best stoppages are against Johan Duhaupas, who was close to the top 10 and in his prime but Wilder couldn't even drop Duhaupas once after landing 11 rounds of flush punches.

His second best stoppage was against an old, washed up Luis Ortiz suffering from high blood pressure.

Other than that, you can't even compare his level of opposition to Wladimir Klitschko's.

Guys like Samuel Peter, Sultan Ibragimov, David Haye and Mariusz Wach are far more durable, or far better defensively or both, compared to any of Wilder's opponents.

When has Deontay Wilder ever faced someone who is as athletic + elusive + power + fast as David Haye? He never did!

What makes you think Wilder would do better against Mariusz Wach than Wladimir Klitschko when Wilder couldn't even drop the less durable Johan Duhaupas after landing 11 rounds of flush punches? Hint: He wouldn't!

And Wlad's leftover, a blown up cruiser weight Alexander Povetkin knocked Duhaupas out unconscious. So much for Wilder's mythical punching power! There aren't any excuses for that. Fighting on a short notice doesn't excuse one for getting knocked out unconscious like how Duhaupas did against Povetkin. And 1 picogram of any PED to the human body is equivalent to an ant, compared to 10 Earths in terms of size. That's how insignificant it is. It couldn't even enhance a fly, never mind a human athlete. So again, that's not a valid excuse for Duhaupas getting knocked out unconscious by Povetkin but Wilder failing to even drop Duhaupas after 11 rounds with his mythical power.

Povetkin himself didn't train properly for many bouts and was even ill. Such as against Marco Huck and Eddie Chambers. Yet, he managed to win those bouts and didn't get brutally knocked out unconscious like how Wilder's best opponent in Duhaupas did.

And do you think Deontay Wilder could even drop Anthony Joshua with a single punch when Wilder landed everything but the kitchen sink on Johan Duhaupas for 11 rounds and couldn't even drop him once?

Since Anthony Joshua > Johan Duhaupas in practically EVER department.

What do you think would've happened to Johan Duhaupas if he took as many punches from Wladimir Klitschko as he took from Deontay Wilder? The same Johan Duhaupas that Wlad's leftover alone in Povetkin knocked out more brutally?

David Haye's knockout record is just as impressive at heavyweight as Wilder's. He also knocked every one out, except Valuev (Wilder never faced anyone as big as Valuev, ever) and Wladimir Klitschko (Wilder never faced anyone as good as prime Wladimir Klitschko). Rather, Wilder was knocked out cold by Wlad during the same stage in sparring and wouldn't even step into the ring with him.

What I stated about Wladimir Klitschko also applies to Lennox Lewis too. Yes, he didn't KO Levi Billups but he did KO many other guys. Oliver Mccall, David Tua and Zeljko Mavrovic have some of the best chins ever at heavyweight. Wilder has never even faced anybody IN THEIR PRIMES with solid chins like that. So how is that even a logical comparison?

Let us know when Wilder faces someone like Mariusz Wach. I would be willing to wage a bet with you right now that Wilder isn't going to be able to DROP Wach, since he couldn't even drop the inferior Johan Duhaupas.

Let us know when he faces other durable and prime opponents like Jarrell Miller, Andy Ruiz Jr and etc.

You claim Anthony Joshua is an accumulation puncher. Yet, he USUALLY knocks his opponents out quicker with fewer punches than Wilder. In fact, both Wilder and Joshua have at least 2 common opponents in:

1) Eric Molina: Joshua stopped Molina in fewer rounds and with fewer punches.

2) Jason Gavern: Again, Joshua stopped Gavern in fewer rounds and with fewer punches.

So what is this 'accumulation puncher' and 'one punch' you're referring to? If anything, this actually proves that Joshua's single punch carries greater power.

And by the way, Rid**** Bowe is bigger in size than Deontay Wilder so he could very well out muscle Wilder. And Bowe does many things which Duhaupas does, but at a higher level. Let's not pretend Wilder didn't go life and death against Duhaupas whilst getting his face badly busted up. Bowe would've inflicted far greater damage on Wilder than what Duhaupas did.
    -Wilder's last 5 opponent's combined record is 206-12, Stewart racked up his KO's vs part time boxers with double digit losses.

-Duhapas had never been stopped before, Scott undefeated never stopped, Stiverne never legitimately stopped should've been undefeated, Ortiz never stopped never in a competitive fight undefeated.

-Ortiz was not washed up lol he's never shown a single sign of slowing down. He's dominated all his opponents including after getting busted with PED's before he fought Jennings.

-Klitschko doesn't have a single win as good as Luis Ortiz and that's a fact, and unlike Wlad Ortiz was actually undefeated, never KO'd.

-Sam Peter got schooled by James Toney a year after losing to Wlad then put down by journeyman McCline 2x LOL. Wach is a walking punching bag, Haye has 1 win over a top 10 HW like 10 years ago, Ibragimov drew with the guy Stiverne KO'd to become HW champion. Just because you say they're good doesn't mean they are.

-Haye would be a downgrade from Ortiz at this point, Jennings performed WAAAAY better vs Wlad than Haye and Ortiz toyed with him. Bellew was eating clean punches from Haye before he got injured, but you think he can hurt Wilder? Don't make me laugh. Haye hasn't been relevant since 2009, you're living in the past, it's 2018.

-Why doesn't Levi Billups have one of the ATG chins? He went the distance with Lewis? Oh that's right, because it doesn't fit your logic lmao. That's what we call mental gymnastics, just like Bowe gets labeled an iron chin despite literally being hurt more times than Wilder/AJ in his career and that's a fact.

-Gavern and Molina were Wilder's leftovers, considering they were already KO'd it makes them irrelevant. AJ takes more punches to do more damage, Wilder needs 1 right hand.

-Bowe couldn't even out muscle Golota, when he fought a man just as strong he looked like complete shyt. Wilder was throwing Ortiz around like a rag doll as weak as he was at 215lbs. European fighters in general are better today than the past too, Golota would be nothing special as well, I doubt he'd even beat Szpilka.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      You're inflating the level these guys were fighting at. People are flipping their logic and standards when it comes to these old time fighters.

When Holyfield gets into a war with Foreman it's because he's a great boxer? No, the reality of it is he had a very poor defense. Sorry bust your'e not that great when you're getting into a war with an obese 42 year old man that would later lose to other journeymen.

When 205lb Holyfield is eating Foreman's punches it's because he's got an iron chin? No, the reality of it is Foreman's power was overrated.

Bowe was KO'd and dropped multiple times in the amateurs, did it get him labeled as having a glass chin? No, but it does for Wilder/AJ. Lewis, Ali, Foreman were also down from journeymen/guys not known for their power, how many times did it get them labeled as glass chins? Instead it got flipped and the men that did this to them became world beaters.

Just 1 year after a close fight with Bowe, Tubbs went on to get stopped by a 12-10 journeyman. You're not going to sit there and convince me a 12-10 journeyman, part time boxer, previously knocked out multiple times is ANYWHERE near a fighter of Ortiz's pedigree. The journeyman and fighters these guys were getting exposed by were losing to OTHER part time boxers that's what you don't get.
      The Holyfield stuff is silly. Not only was he's chin well established over he's whole career, but one look at the Foreman fight shows that he avoided all of George's real loaded punches.I don't remember saying Wilder had a glass chin, but I do know that Ali, Bowe, Lewis weren't dropped by a Harold Sconiers. But you are the one claiming Ortiz has an iron chin. He didn't fight any world level puncher. So there's no proof. Not like Holyfield let's say, fighting Tyson, Bowe, Lewis Foreman, Moorer ect. Ortiz best opponent was no punch Jennings. No comparison. No evidence of an Ortiz iron chin. But there is evidence of Ortiz being a very sick man with high blood pressure. Unless you think he was a drug cheat?

Comment

Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
        The Holyfield stuff is silly. Not only was he's chin well established over he's whole career, but one look at the Foreman fight shows that he avoided all of George's real loaded punches.I don't remember saying Wilder had a glass chin, but I do know that Ali, Bowe, Lewis weren't dropped by a Harold Sconiers. But you are the one claiming Ortiz has an iron chin. He didn't fight any world level puncher. So there's no proof. Not like Holyfield let's say, fighting Tyson, Bowe, Lewis Foreman, Moorer ect. Ortiz best opponent was no punch Jennings. No comparison. No evidence of an Ortiz iron chin. But there is evidence of Ortiz being a very sick man with high blood pressure. Unless you think he was a drug cheat?
        Holyfield was not 205lbs his entire career like he was for Foreman. Even when Holyfield did beef up he was stopped by Bowe and stopped by former middlweight JAMES TONEY.

In what reality can you still have an iron chin and get the **** beat out of you by a blown up middleweight? What can Toney achieve that Ortiz cannot?

High blood pressure doesn't mean you're "very sick", but having a damaged pituitary gland which causes you to go from 160 to HW like Toney is.

It's like I said, everyone's standards and logic gets flipped when it comes to past fighters. Hold them to the same standards and you'd see how damn good this era is and how laughable some of the older eras are.

Comment

Holyfield was not 205lbs his entire career like he was for Foreman. Even when Holyfield did beef up he was stopped by Bowe and stopped by former middlweight JAMES TONEY.

In what reality can you still have an iron chin and get the **** beat out of you by a blown up middleweight? What can Toney achieve that Ortiz cannot?

High blood pressure doesn't mean you're "very sick", but having a damaged pituitary gland which causes you to go from 160 to HW like Toney is.

It's like I said, everyone's standards and logic gets flipped when it comes to past fighters. Hold them to the same standards and you'd see how damn good this era is and how laughable some of the older eras are.
          Floyd and Manny are the only fighters you can drop in an my era and bet that they come out on top. You can't do that with anyone else in this era

Comment

I would've dropped him fair and square without going downstairs Golota-style.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
              Floyd and Manny are the only fighters you can drop in an my era and bet that they come out on top. You can't do that with anyone else in this era
              You're telling me that Wilder, AJ, Fury, Ortiz etc. could not do what Buster Douglas, Levi Billups, James Toney, Oliver McCall, Tony Tubbs, Henry Cooper, Jimmy Young, etc. all did?

Out of all the divisions past and present HW has seen the biggest changes in it's fighters' physical builds.

Comment

You're telling me that Wilder, AJ, Fury, Ortiz etc. could not do what Buster Douglas, Levi Billups, James Toney, Oliver McCall, Tony Tubbs, Henry Cooper, Jimmy Young, etc. all did?

Out of all the divisions past and present HW has seen the biggest changes in it's fighters' physical builds.

I'm not confident that any of those guys could beat Douglas or Jimmy Young

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
                  I'm not confident that any of those guys could beat Douglas or Jimmy Young
                  Douglas had already been stopped 3x, 2x by journeymen/part time boxers. Afterwards he got blasted out by Holyfield in one of his easiest fights and lost to Savarese. You're telling me part time boxers/journeymen compare to Wilder/AJ?

Same with Jimmy Young, 3 losses to part time boxers, 2 draws to part time boxers just to start off his career. Young and his 20% KO ratio would never in a million years hurt Wilder or Ortiz, there is absolutely nothing he possess that could put him in the same ball park.

Comment

Comparing a Holyfield from the Toney fight, and from 12 years earlier in the Foreman fight displays a real misunderstanding of boxing. Plus, chin wasnt what stopped Holyfield against Toney, it was body shots and exhaustion. High blood pressure does make you very sick, particularly in a sporting situation, the thickening of the ventricle in this illness certainly effects stamina and cardio, no doubt at all. Just like there was no evidence of the Toney of the Holyfield fight suffering any kind of illness. See, you move all around time you can make any argument. 12 years ago I could run a 6 minute mile. Now maybe 8 minutes. If you compare yourself to someone I beat years ago by a minute and think you are better than he was because you beat me by a minute now, you have a big hole in your logic. But you know that right? Still nothing about Ortiz iron chin, and we've been talking a while lol.

Comment

Tubbs couldn't even beat the journeymen from his own era, that's the flaw in your argument. 1 year after giving Bowe hell he lost to a part time boxer previously KO'd multiple times.

Szpilka has a 70% KO ratio, he's not a light puncher at all, he's a much bigger puncher than the likes of Holyfield or Tubbs and I don't recall Wilder getting rocked. Holyfield was never known for being a heavy hitter, not in this era, not in the last era.

Any decent fighter could jab Bowe, he was there to be hit by anybody, he talks the way he does today for a reason. Wilder dropped Ortiz and hurt him with power jabs, vs Stiverne he pumped out 420 (35 per round), when you give Wilder a target he will land them on you.
                      Tubbs went 10 with Bowe the distance and was a very slick boxer , he schooled Bowe all the time in sparring ,he only lost twice in the 80's bc he was over weight against Witherspoon and too M.Tyson who would CRUSH Wilder within 5 rnds. Your lack of gaging skills is showing . Wilder would be 3rd best fighter in the 80's at best from what hes displayed so far .

Spzilkas most notable ACTUAL knock out win was Mike Mollo who had several losses and has a record of 28 and 6 ...yea Mollo who?

Spzilkas ACTUAL K.O record is 11 out of 23 fights ...and that was to journeyman and thats your proof Spzilka hits harder than Holyfield whos dropped guys like Bowe and Mercer ? lol

I dont think you REALLY understand that Wilder doesnt gave skills that work around a jab that is needed to defeat Bowe , Tubbs had a A plus jab he just lacked power .

How much is Wilder paying you to post on here is a better question ?
                      Last edited by juggernaut666; 03-24-2018, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X