No announcement yet.

If Mayweather won an MMA fight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Mayweather won an MMA fight...

I feel that Floyd is old. However, when I watch MMA their are allot of guys who run around the ring against other pro MMA fighters, and are able to dominate fighting like that.

I however feel that, Floyd is waaaaay faster and sharper than those guys. And if Tyron Woodley can run and fight on the outside, or even if Holly Holm can, Floyd could do that VERY easily, and look way better than they do when they do it.

If Floyd were to win against a decent opponent, would his legacy transcend boxing, and eclipse Combat Sports as a whole?

Those fighters have good TDD (take down defense) which is honed through years in the gym. Does Mayweather know how to stuff a takedown any better than James Toney?

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
      Those fighters have good TDD (take down defense) which is honed through years in the gym. Does Mayweather know how to stuff a takedown any better than James Toney?
      James Toney didnt train, just went in their thinking it was just a boxing match with less rules. And Mayweather is not going to go in their without training and learning somethings. A fighter like Floyd would be a master at this if he put his time into it, and aint no one grabbing or taking Floyd down. He is going to move his entire body out the way. It will look like Tyron Woodley's fights.

But you ignored the question about what if he won...?

Comment

They’re going to feed him a couple bums with no ground game, or they’ll modify the rules for his fights to eliminate the ground game. It will be a side show and I doubt he ever fights a legit guy.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
          If Floyd were to win against a decent opponent, would his legacy transcend boxing, and eclipse Combat Sports as a whole?
          If Floyd beat Conor in the cage yea I think he hits a whole other level of popularity. Hell I think him losing in the cage, while putting forth an honest effort gets him some new respect & maybe fans. If he gets embarrassed like Toney or CM Punk then I don't think it does much for him either way.

All that said I still don't buy that we'll see this. But its looking like its more likely every week or so & I didn't think Floyd vs Manny or Floyd vs Conor I would happen so wtf do I know.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
            I feel that Floyd is old. However, when I watch MMA their are allot of guys who run around the ring against other pro MMA fighters, and are able to dominate fighting like that.

I however feel that, Floyd is waaaaay faster and sharper than those guys. And if Tyron Woodley can run and fight on the outside, or even if Holly Holm can, Floyd could do that VERY easily, and look way better than they do when they do it.

I think it depends on who is the opponent.

The biggest name opponent for Floyd would be Conor

Comment

Boxing is what? 20-25% of MMA?

Floyd just won't be able to master the other 75% no matter how good his boxing is.

The footwork, defense, ground game, kicking, knees etc...its like learning a new language.

I'm no expert, but I'd venture to say that Floyds boxing stance and style is all wrong for MMA as well...

Comment

If?

Even the MayHaters know he doesn't lose. Ever.

Comment

he cant win against any ufc fighter. people dont understand how ufc works, its not like boxing where you can be a bum and fight. you have to be a certain level to get into it. what the hell is floyds defence gonna do when someone grabs his legs. saying that, if a fight happens it will undred percent be rigged.

Comment

"F___ all you haters, Imo go MMA and whoop his azz again!! I'm training with Mr Miyagi now!!"
                    - Floyd "Money" Mayweather

Comment

Working...
                    X