Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: ESPN Names Mayweather 8th Most Dominant Athlete of Past 20 Years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
    Kobe honestly was a bit overrated and was washed or retired for 5 or 6 years. Which is a large percent out of twenty. I agree with you on Phelps, but Serena would suck if she was matched up against her gender.
    Slap yourself.

Comment

Kellerman, a longtime boxing analyst, first for ESPN and now HBO, argued that Roy Jones Jr. belongs ahead of Mayweather on any such list. Jones was widely regarded as the best boxer, pound-for-pound, in the sport until Florida rival Antonio Tarver knocked him out in the second round of their May 2004 rematch in Las Vegas.

LMFAO!!! Roy has been irrelevant since 2004 Max

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtYouKnew! View Post
        Where is Michael Jordan? The greatest basketball player of all time isn’t in the top twenty, but LeBron James is! James has lost in the finals 4 times!
        THE LAST 20 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why the hell would Jordan be on this list?

Comment

1) I do not understand how you can include team-sports when discussing individual dominance?

that makes no sense at all, there should obviously be 3 categories...

individual
          team
          individuals in a team sport

2) also..... comparing a sport like tennis to boxing..... GTFOH

Serena Williams lost games/sets/matches to strong opposition

Mayweather has beaten strong opposition without losing a round, and he never lost

also..... Fedor may have lost, but he DESTROYED everyone for a looooong period of time in a sport that has many more ways to lose than boxing.....

I would hate to see an MMA fighter ranked over a boxer, but I definitely think it is harder to dominate in MMA

just another silly P4P'esque list

Comment

1. Floyd
            2. Brady
            3. Tiger
            4. Phelps
            5. Bolt
            6. Serena
            7. Messi
            8. Federer
            9. Ronaldo
            10. Manning

Comment

I saw an earlier comment about Jordan or Kobe, something like....

he " led " his team to win (insert number here) titles, but he got penalised for the times that they did not win

well news-flash..... if you can somehow miraculously credit someone for winning a title in a team sport..... then you ABSOLUTELY can blame him if that same team loses

neither of those things make any sense to me at all

if those guys played in a **** team, they would get **** results

you cannot compare a team-sport to an individual sport

Comment

Originally posted by rojo45 View Post
                Mayweather was very very good but not great. 50 is noting compare ray robinson 90 in amatuer and first 125 fights was 123-1 2 draws
                What does Ray Robinson have to do with this list?

Comment

Two names you can't argue with on this list are Tiger and Roger...both had some of the craziest runs in their respective sports. Federer in particular because of the sheer amount of matches per year he's had at his age.

Comment

Manning over Brady?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                      Slap yourself.
                      Look at advanced stats. His win shares, usage, ts% never match up with how people describe his legacy. Their were certainly better players than him in his era as well Duncan, Garnett, Dirk, Steve Nash, prime Mcgrady etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X