Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who’s the best between Crawford, Lomachenko & Spence?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Voted for Crawford ahead of Loma. IMO Spence is a distant 3rd right now.

Spence is Champion in Crawfords current weightclass, Crawford is not, so I have to rate the current champion above someone who is in his SAME weight class. Loma has 11 PRO fights with one loss, Garcia is undefeated and beat Loma's conqueror, so Loma is not above Garcia to me, plus his movement up in weightclass which defines P4P more than anything measurable. Garcia just moved UP in weight and WON a Championship belt, CONVERSELY Loma just fought a guy TWO weightclasses below him. With Canelo's resume, Loma probably just cracks top 5 P4P, remember Kovalev only lost to WARd. What about GGG...

Comment

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
      Spence is Champion in Crawfords current weightclass, Crawford is not, so I have to rate the current champion above someone who is in his SAME weight class. Loma has 11 PRO fights with one loss, Garcia is undefeated and beat Loma's conqueror, so Loma is not above Garcia to me, plus his movement up in weightclass which defines P4P more than anything measurable. Garcia just moved UP in weight and WON a Championship belt, CONVERSELY Loma just fought a guy TWO weightclasses below him. With Canelo's resume, Loma probably just cracks top 5 P4P, remember Kovalev only lost to WARd. What about GGG...
      Crawford is just going to 147. Had Manny not been a ***g0t, he'd have a belt at 147 already because he would've gotten the fight instead of Horn and IMO would've clubbed Manny into retirement.

I don't agree about Loma and Mikey. I respect your point, but lets be fair about Mikey's "victory" over Salido. Many felt he could've continued and stopped because he was ahead.

If you put Mikey ahead of Spence p4p, I can understand that.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        You are putting too much stock into a close, debatable loss in a controversial fight that came in a guys 2nd fight. Salido didn't make weight, piled on a ton more weight after the weigh in which he was way over and fouled all night to end up hanging on to a SD which could and should have gone the other way.

If you can't see the improvement since then you are blinded.

Garcia's competition is not nearly as good as Lomachenko's. Mikey has fought no guys that were even on the cusp of the pound for pound lists or considered elite talents. Loma has three in Russell, Walters and Rigondeaux. Those are far better than any Mikey win and though Mikey has been hopping weights he's never defined himself as the #1 at any of those weights really. He made one total title defense across his reigns.
        Loma's fans claim he aint sh|t, Rigo was 2 weightclasses lower. He lost to salido (14losses) the same guy Garcia beat. Garcia just moved up in weight and captured a title at 140, has demonstrated consistency in 30+ professional bouts, Loma has 11 TOTAL PRO FIGHTS. One has shown consistency and excellence, one is just getting started. AT LEAST WIN 12 IN A ROW.....

Comment

Loma's fans claim he aint sh|t, Rigo was 2 weightclasses lower. He lost to salido (14losses) the same guy Garcia beat. Garcia just moved up in weight and captured a title at 140, has demonstrated consistency in 30+ professional bouts, Loma has 11 TOTAL PRO FIGHTS. One has shown consistency and excellence, one is just getting started. AT LEAST WIN 12 IN A ROW.....
          I don't think anyone claimed/claims Russell ain't ****. He's clearly a very talented fighter and even in the writers polls was favored to beat Lomachenko. It's just disappointing Loma seemed to have dented his confidence and now only goes once a year.

Yes, Rigo was two weight classes lower and I don't think that's a great win though the manner was good. Remember many folks had Rigo highly ranked p4p and even coming into the fight said the weight won't matter and that Loma would either quit with a broken jaw or get shut out. Judging by your tone you probably picked Rigo.

The Salido comparison isn't that good. Mikey was already fully developed as a pro and quit in that fight knowing he had a lead in a fight Salido was making him uncomfortable and coming on. Loma had just turned pro 6 months prior, had one pro fight, dealt with a Salido that was grossly overweight, re-hydrated a bunch more weight, low blowed all night and it was Loma who was putting it on Salido by the end of the fight. 60 seconds more he'd have KO'd him. The same Loma that played with & KO'd Rocky Martinez (the Rocky that dropped and hurt Mikey) would have taken Salido out early too. Assuming by your take on Loma-Salido-Mikey you picked Rocky to beat Loma too right? Since he had the win over Salido.

Comment

crawford is nothing but a hype. imho, he'll be the next broner in the making. i think broner is more skilled compared to mr. hype crawford.

Comment

Mikey shouldn't be part of the conversation. If he's so good why doesn't he even fully believe in himself? Mikey himself thinks TC is better than him, we know this from they way he is avoiding Bud at all costs. Even pretending he will fight Spence instead.

It is interesting to compare Spence, Loma and Bud in terms of their respective skills. I think of Loma and Bud as more highly skilled, but Spence as very effective. As amazing as Spence is, he's never fought anyone his own size. While TC is willing to stretch himself out to 147. Spence is a brilliant attacker of the body though. Their styles are different, but TC and Loma are incredibly adaptable. That's one of the things that makes them so amazing. Spence has not quite shown he is so flexible in changing how he fights, but he has never needed to.

Loma has displayed just some incredible tactics and boxing ability. Really tough to say who I'd rate higher between Bud and Loma. But I think I'd pick TC. Bud definitely has more of an intangible X factor, along with everything else going for him. Hits harder too. More ruthless.

Comment

You picked the right username, FFS.

Comment

lomachenko. then crawford. got no beef with people 1 a and 1b-ing these two. they're very complete fighters and in their primes.

spence is a very good fighter, but he's not tough to hit and that does not last long or help you move up in weight. spence will look ordinary at 154 lbs. he needs to make his mark on 147 and within the next few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuyukut View Post
                    crawford is nothing but a hype. imho, he'll be the next broner in the making. i think broner is more skilled compared to mr. hype crawford.

that's because you're an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
                      Lomachenko or Crawford works for me.

Spence is a good fighter, but I seriously see him as the biggest fighter at 147. On the other hand, I see Lomachenko and Crawford winning fights against bigger opponents, which is more impressive.
                      Gamboa was a bigger opponent than Crawford doe. Rigo was so much bigger than Loma doe. . I can keep going with both Loma and Crawford fighting smaller opponents than them... but bigger opponents doe.

Comment

Working...
                      X