No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua talking about fighting MMA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Joshua talking about fighting MMA

I told you mfers there is too much money for that to not happen sooner or later. Once Joshua gets some PPV legs in the US this would likely be a top 3 PPV fight of all time.

Highly speculative at this point cuz maybe Joshua falls apart in this Parker, Wilder & Fury upcoming schedule + cuz Jon Jones might end up suspended for 4yrs & Ngannou might have shown himself too limited to become big in MMA, but if Joshua pans out & there is a half sellable guy in the UFC there is a solid chance it goes down in the next 3-5yrs.

Or maybe it would just end up a boxing match like Floyd vs Conor, but the main point is we haven't seen the last of this boxing vs MMA sh^t so get used to it.

Joshua, 28, has admitted he would be up for a fight in the octagon — and even named UFC stars Jon Jones and Francis Ngannou as potential opponents.

When asked if he would seriously consider a crossover, Joshua said: "A good scrap would be with the guy from Congo [Francis Ngannou] who just lost recently. Big unit — that would be a good scrap.

"Yeah of course, obviously I'd have to have a couple of warm up fights because you have to learn the submissions and stuff.

"But, yeah, a fight is a fight at the end of the day. So yeah man, I'd do it."
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/58338...ancis-ngannou/

Idle banter. Joshua isn't fooling anyone, at least I would hope not. Joshua has a full time and very lucrative occupation already that will require his 100% attention if he is to stay on top.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
      Idle banter. Joshua isn't fooling anyone, at least I would hope not. Joshua has a full time and very lucrative occupation already that will require his 100% attention if he is to stay on top.
      Idle banter about a few MMA fights, but one big super fight is I say pretty much a lock with how big he is if he pans out like his team is hoping.

If there is a ability to this I don't see how he doesn't do it. Too much mainstream money in play. Too many fans he could convert to watch his future fights. It makes lotsa dollars so it makes lotsa sense.

Comment

Only way this makes sense is if stipe defends the belt a couple more times and proves that he's a star. I don't think it works if Cormier beats him, well it probably does but miocic just seems more like a legit heavy at this point.
        Either way I believe it's all talk , but the idea of it pretty cool. The heavyweight aspect helps it alot

Comment

This is what I read from it.

Anybody but Wilder...

Dude would try out for the Lakers as long as Deontay isn't there

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Idle banter about a few MMA fights, but one big super fight is I say pretty much a lock with how big he is if he pans out like his team is hoping.

If there is a ability to this I don't see how he doesn't do it. Too much mainstream money in play. Too many fans he could convert to watch his future fights. It makes lotsa dollars so it makes lotsa sense.

joshua's purses are already higher than any ufc purse ever. hell, his opponents make more than the highest UFC purse ever. those gys don't make a lot of money on the top end. why would you want to jump ship to another sport and take a cut in pay?

Comment

When he finds out Floyd Floyd is going to make about $150 mil pounds for an easy MMA fight and $300 mil pounds for Conor, AJ is going to get some MMA loot as well.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                why would you want to jump ship to another sport and take a cut in pay?
                You think that'll be a paycut in 3-5yrs? The UFC is supposedly talking to Floyd about a $250M fight right now or allegedly a $1B multi fight deal if you believe that whole story (I think the latter is bs, but I think the former is extremely likely)? How much is Joshua making again?

The MMA game is changing with these new owners (some say for the worst, but generally people always hate change so always say that). The boxing vs MMA thing is HUGE cuz of the mainstream attention it'll get. The best vs the best is great. The best vs the best in different combat sports is some sh^t non-combat sports people wanna see.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  When he finds out Floyd Floyd is going to make about $150 mil pounds for an easy MMA fight and $300 mil pounds for Conor, AJ is going to get some MMA loot as well.
                  Exactly.

Don't think Hearn & Joshua aren't seeing this Floyd sh^t & throwing that idea (&/or the Conor vs Floyd in the ring idea) into their blueprint. They'd be stupid not to.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    You think that'll be a paycut in 3-5yrs? The UFC is supposedly talking to Floyd about a $250M fight right now or allegedly a $1B multi fight deal if you believe that whole story (I think the latter is bs, but I think the former is extremely likely)? How much is Joshua making again?

The MMA game is changing with these new owners (some say for the worst, but generally people always hate change so always say that). The boxing vs MMA thing is HUGE cuz of the mainstream attention it'll get. The best vs the best is great. The best vs the best in different combat sports is some sh^t non-combat sports people wanna see.

floyd is not going to even take an MMA fight. and they're not going to pay him 250 million for it. just trust me when i say that. he's doing what he's done in the past, using the prospect of a fight to generate publicity for other things. in boxing he did it for other fights, but he's retired now.

the highest MMA purses ever are less than charles martin's guarantee vs joshua. just let that sink in.

Comment

Working...
                    X