Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why dont more fighters do what Deontay Wilder does?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swimming is great for endurance but not so much for a high intensity, anaerobic exercise. If you do interval sprints in swimming, it's unlikely you will reach the same benefits as running.

Long answer short, if you are worried about damage to body and knees, jump on a bike. This substitutes for running.

Ideally you would be doing both swimming for endurance and cycling for sprints.

Comment

Wilder has been behind in fights WHEN pressure was applied to make him work at a faster pace or someone able to dictate pace like with Spzilka , Washington and Ortiz . So this advanced stamina theory is flawed.

This is going to come crashing down ( literally ) when he meets 6'6 82 inch reach ,pressure fighter Joshua where Wilders 6'7 body wont matter anymore and will actually need the skill sets to win .
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 03-18-2018, 06:45 PM.

Comment

How does swimming affect your calves? The most fleet footed I ever was was when I actually ran, floating like a damn butterfly.

Comment

Roadwork is a traditional boxing workout going back to the bare knuckle days. Running is beneficial but maybe less running and more swimming would be the best blend. Wilder has a low punch per round average so maybe he should do a moderate amount of running with his swimming. They both get the heart rate up and increase stamina so they are good exercises for a boxer to do. A boxer stands up and moves on his feet for up to 12 rounds so a standing up leg workout like running always has it's place.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            black people can't swim(banned)
            Originally posted by daggum View Post
            yeah he had better stamina than a 38 year old obese man who didn't have his normal peds

Its obvious dat u raycis

Comment

Originally posted by RespekonMyName View Post
              Well, his stamina hasn't been a problem yet.
              Roadwork isn't just for stamina bud

Look il trust Muhammed Ali and Joe Fraizer
              I'm pretty sure they knew what they were talking about

Comment

I remember ariza saying how he had rios swimming for the pacquiao fight and it was really gunna bring out brandons best

We all know how that worked out

Plus has nobody seen rocky

Rocky is gospel

Comment

Swimming is a good alternative for running. Especially for a taller person. I actually think it's better for cardio than running. I get way more winded swimming than I do running.

Comment

I agree, roadwork, plodding away mile after mile, is extremely overrated.

Comment

I fully believe in this. I don't run because it tears my knees up, no matter how correct my form is. Swimming is one of the healthiest, safest forms of exercise and can really build your cardio because you can do it for quite a long time without injury.

Comment

Working...
                      X