Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Golovkin retired today, would he be a HOFer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
    nah...I just hold him to a standard that I see set by actual greats from his generation...lol....its not that hard

the reality is...he ducked ward after he ran his mouth about 168 is easy and he wanted to fight there....but what he meant to say is "ill fight at 168 if I think I can win"
    The whole him ducking ward bit is tired and it lacks any factual evidence, the whole thing is here say. Rather then give concrete examples of him being unworthy you bring up another fight, that holds very little relevance. What if he beat ward? Ward wouldn't be viewed as he is today, those fights with kovalev would never of happened. The perception of ward would be entirely different and that win would hold a lot less value then you think it would. So you would just use another fighter as a way to discredit him and bash him.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
      Just read another d1cksucking thread from DramaShow who seems to believe GGG is a HOFer already. What's your opinion on this? Would he be a first ballot hall of famer if he retired today?
      Yes, he will. The same way Vitali got in- he was much greater than all the weak talent during the time in the division.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
        How would all this work if Canelo beats him? Would many really care about him after that anymore? His ship is already half-empty now.

I don't remember ANY memorable career defining fight for GGG. The guy had hype without the skills to back it up.
        If he loses to Canelo (depends how close it is) he would still ha e opportunity to right the ship with Charlo and other young guns.

Gennady is very average on paper considering how poor his division was that Cotto (a WW and JMW) and Canelo (a former LWW) were considered his best opposition at various times.

People confuse objectivism for "hate", but GGG is much watch TV. Very fan friendly style. Just overrated and that's okay lol...most fighters are....Currently I think only Loma is NOT overrated and possibly TC. Everyone else...GGG, Spence, Wilder/Joshua, Mikey...they're all overrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
          If he loses to Canelo (depends how close it is) he would still ha e opportunity to right the ship with Charlo and other young guns.

Maybe, but I think the more likely scenario for him is retirement, with all his money from the Canelo fights.

The "undisputed" pursuit will be out the window, so no reason to fight Saunders. I don't know if he would risk getting hurt by some of these young, hungry guns (with more coming from JMW soon).

We'll see how all this plays out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnston View Post
            The whole him ducking ward bit is tired and it lacks any factual evidence, the whole thing is here say. Rather then give concrete examples of him being unworthy you bring up another fight, that holds very little relevance. What if he beat ward? Ward wouldn't be viewed as he is today, those fights with kovalev would never of happened. The perception of ward would be entirely different and that win would hold a lot less value then you think it would. So you would just use another fighter as a way to discredit him and bash him.
            there is no case of "hearsay" here...its cut and dry...ward told us he reached out to k2 and loeffler confirmed it and told us why they shot it down

i can tell you are delusional...but i will indulge in your fantasy for a moment

what if golovkin beat ward? and then ward never had the kovalev fights?

this is what

i would rate golovkin higher than ward and would think very highly of golovkin and probably alot less of ward than i do think of him

see...a simpleton like you thinks i just pulled golovkins name out of a hat and decided he had to be the guy i dislike...or i just picked him to dislike because i didnt like his face

well the truth is actually that i watch fighters and their careers...if i think they are legit and deserve praise then i give it to them...if they talk and back it up and are willing to fight anyone, within reason, i give them their due.....

i dislike golovkin because he has had praise heaped on him for things im not impressed by.....im not impressed by knocking out lemiuex, stevens and wade etc...im not impressed by him wanting to fight froch and chavez but refusing to fight the man who owned 168.....i dont believe all the hype.....thats why i dislike him...he hasnt earned it....hes a "hope" for a certain type of person

its plain and simple...i didnt just decide to not like him...i dont hate on guys like usyk or loma or kovalev.......i respect those guys for the most part....only in your warped mind does being anti golovkin not make sense

Comment

• Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
              Ward didn't move up, he moved down.

I guess you don't want to include Calzaghe either.
              Jeff Horn.
              Wangek.
              Berchelt.
              Usyk.
              Spence Jr.
              Gary Russell Jr.
              Kovalev.
              calzaghe the only HOFer you mentioned there....spence and usyk combined dont even have 40 fights lol

you are delusional

Comment

• As big a fan I am of GGG he's not HOF material yet in my opinion. His best wins were against a welterweight in Kell Brook and a legit middlweight in Danny Jacobs. If he can beat Canelo and get another marquee name or two on his resume I think he's on a better path towards boxing immortality. But the fights have to be fights against big names that push him in the ring. He needs a showing where he shows that he's not just a good fighter but a great fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                  there is no case of "hearsay" here...its cut and dry...ward told us he reached out to k2 and loeffler confirmed it and told us why they shot it down

i can tell you are delusional...but i will indulge in your fantasy for a moment

what if golovkin beat ward? and then ward never had the kovalev fights?

this is what

i would rate golovkin higher than ward and would think very highly of golovkin and probably alot less of ward than i do think of him

see...a simpleton like you thinks i just pulled golovkins name out of a hat and decided he had to be the guy i dislike...or i just picked him to dislike because i didnt like his face

well the truth is actually that i watch fighters and their careers...if i think they are legit and deserve praise then i give it to them...if they talk and back it up and are willing to fight anyone, within reason, i give them their due.....

i dislike golovkin because he has had praise heaped on him for things im not impressed by.....im not impressed by knocking out lemiuex, stevens and wade etc...im not impressed by him wanting to fight froch and chavez but refusing to fight the man who owned 168.....i dont believe all the hype.....thats why i dislike him...he hasnt earned it....hes a "hope" for a certain type of person

its plain and simple...i didnt just decide to not like him...i dont hate on guys like usyk or loma or kovalev.......i respect those guys for the most part....only in your warped mind does being anti golovkin not make sense
                  Ok so you typed a lot of words and said nothing.
                  You dislike him because you think he's overrated , ok but you do recognize you have a fixation with him? You're trying to act like your hate is objective and has reason.
                  You act like ward makes his career and the idea of that is rediculous. He brought nothing to the table and truly believed he was a-side who should dictate the terms. He made idiots like you believe he wanted the fight but in reality he knew it wasn't gonna happen. Ward was clear b-side and he refused to accept this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnston View Post
                    Ok so you typed a lot of words and said nothing.
                    You dislike him because you think he's overrated , ok but you do recognize you have a fixation with him? You're trying to act like your hate is objective and has reason.
                    You act like ward makes his career and the idea of that is rediculous. He brought nothing to the table and truly believed he was a-side who should dictate the terms. He made idiots like you believe he wanted the fight but in reality he knew it wasn't gonna happen. Ward was clear b-side and he refused to accept this.
                    Brought nothing to the table? Ward was the PFP king behind Floyd. You must mean...financial "something" then? I guess Dominic Wade and Willie Monroe Jr. brought more to the table than I'm aware of. Because those two literally brought. nothing. to. the. table.

Golovkin is a good fighter. There's no question about that. He's just not a great fighter. Yet.

He never unified in the only division he's ever fought at professionally.

His KO streak happened against a very weak division full of part-time fighters. Miguel Cotto, a VERY SMALL MW, knocked out Daniel Geale as well (or better) than Gennady did.

When he finally stepped up in competition...Jacobs and Canelo...he looked very ordinary. Some people had Danny outright beating Gennady even with the KD. Most sensible people had Canelo winning close, but some people gave the draw and mental health patients gave Gennady the decision. No matter which way you lean...Gennady was very competitive with Danny and Canelo...and that definitely takes away from being "great" since neither of those guys are "great".

Danny is certainly ordinary, but fun. And the verdict isn't yet out on Canelo who lost to Floyd, basically lost to Lara and Trout, and has had to use catchweight divisions and possibly PED's to edge guys like Cotto or beat up on guys like Josesito and Khan.

Gennady is NOT a hall of famer. Yet. He still has the Canelo rematch and possibly BJS and/or Charlo looming. Looking forward to see how it all plays out

Comment

• Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                      Brought nothing to the table? Ward was the PFP king behind Floyd. You must mean...financial "something" then? I guess Dominic Wade and Willie Monroe Jr. brought more to the table than I'm aware of. Because those two literally brought. nothing. to. the. table.

Golovkin is a good fighter. There's no question about that. He's just not a great fighter. Yet.

He never unified in the only division he's ever fought at professionally.

His KO streak happened against a very weak division full of part-time fighters. Miguel Cotto, a VERY SMALL MW, knocked out Daniel Geale as well (or better) than Gennady did.

When he finally stepped up in competition...Jacobs and Canelo...he looked very ordinary. Some people had Danny outright beating Gennady even with the KD. Most sensible people had Canelo winning close, but some people gave the draw and mental health patients gave Gennady the decision. No matter which way you lean...Gennady was very competitive with Danny and Canelo...and that definitely takes away from being "great" since neither of those guys are "great".

Danny is certainly ordinary, but fun. And the verdict isn't yet out on Canelo who lost to Floyd, basically lost to Lara and Trout, and has had to use catchweight divisions and possibly PED's to edge guys like Cotto or beat up on guys like Josesito and Khan.

Gennady is NOT a hall of famer. Yet. He still has the Canelo rematch and possibly BJS and/or Charlo looming. Looking forward to see how it all plays out
                      What dictates who the a and b side are who brings in the money. No one pays to see ward, he brings very little value. He went in with the idea he was a side and wouldn't budge, truth is if he was so serious about it he would have been reasonable.

He fought in a division that most think is weak but constantly won. People like to bring up Jacobs but facts are he put him down and won a clear decision as a result. A good % of people believe he beat canelo. So the guy steps up and instead of relying on his power he boxes and out-points guys we should treat those as loses? That's ultimately would people try to do

Comment

Working...
                      X