No announcement yet.

The BEST Referee in Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    He likes fighting himself ...LITERALLY !

I used to work with him ,he got fired for FIGHTING one too many times .
    Seriously? You worked as a referee or in another type of industry with him?

Comment

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
      Seriously? You worked as a referee or in another type of industry with him?
      No we were set builders for the opera house /construction crew , he was a boss there ,i was about 25 .

Comment

The best ref imo is one who lets teh fight unfolds and lets it continue pass the scary moments and lets a fighter give it his all to comeback no matter what.

My vote Steve Smoger.

Comment

Kenny Bayless and it's not even close. You might not like his style of reffing but he never lets fights get out of hand and turn into a circus. He's always in control in the ring and that's the most important part of being a ref.

Comment

Best ref in boxing was Mills Lane he would have put a stop to Mayweather elbows

Comment

Steve Smoger.. he lets you fight to the death. real Mexican style.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                Kenny Bayless and it's not even close. You might not like his style of reffing but he never lets fights get out of hand and turn into a circus. He's always in control in the ring and that's the most important part of being a ref.
                he ruined the Floyd/Maidana rematch. wouldn't be surprised if Floyd slipped him a nice check under the table. he allowed absolutely zero inside exchanges.

Comment

Bayless, Willis, Dock, Mills Lane. Byrd is corrupt or incompetent.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                    The best ref imo is one who lets teh fight unfolds and lets it continue pass the scary moments and lets a fighter give it his all to comeback no matter what.

My vote Steve Smoger.
                    i agree but then if that fighter is injured or dies everybody wants to lynch the ref.

Comment

are you saying who is the best referee for the a-side? if so then yes bayless and weeks would be great picks

Comment

Working...
                      X