Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Bellew: Andre Ward Willing To Fight Me - He's Not Retired!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    I totally believe this.
    Me too. Bellew seems like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
      So Ward was champ at 175. Instead of unifying with Superman, Ward wants to Superman's scraps? Are you serious?
      Why the fk would Ward fight Stevenson when Ward already beat Daniel Boone, who TKOed Mr.Superman.

Why would Ward fight Boone's scraps in Stevenson...

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
        Who is this US, that you speak of? Why would Ward be cycling in/off PEDs?
        Autocorrect, meant "HW"

But yeah, this smells of PED use of he actually comes back at HW

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
          He hasn't really bulked up much at all though. Against Kov, Ward didn't look much bigger than his fights at 168.

You could be right though. Honestly, I think almost every professional fighter uses peds. "You ain't trying, if you ain't cheatin'" as the saying goes.

And it does explain why Ward would not want to face Adonis. He's got that WBC strap which requires year round VADA testing. It does seem like a lot of fighters seem to pass on trying to win the WBC belt since they started their clean boxing program. And how could Ward stay active and stay at 175 without fighting Superman? That's all anyone and everyone would want. So, he solves that problem by retiring only to return to gather Adonis's scraps. Which would also explain why Ward is talking Bellew and not the winner of the WBSS who will be the undisputed CW champ with all four belts. Because one of those belts is the WBC, which requires year round ped testing.

Yea, you're probably right. I just don't like to admit it, cause I've been a pretty big Ward fan, until he started with this nonsense about fighting Bellew. But yea, if he is juicing that would explain everything really.
          Im a huge ward fan, but my OG told me about guys like Jones, Toney, and Mosely back in the day and I didn't want to believe it. Now, my radar is on.

Comment

if hes willing to fight bellew but not the usyk/gassiev winner then its a duck.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
              Why the fk would Ward fight Stevenson when Ward already beat Daniel Boone, who TKOed Mr.Superman.

Why would Ward fight Boone's scraps in Stevenson...
              Probably because Stevenson is regarded as the best lhw, he has the WBC belt, and he is the lineal champ. One loss 8 years ago, don't really matter now. Its the same reason ODLH, Mosley, Cotto, Floyd, JMM, Bradley and others all fought Pac instead of Torrecampo or Singsurat.

You already know that, just trolling along. You got me, I replied, gave you your lil bit of attention.

I get it though, why should the best fight the best? Why would any boxing fan want such a thing? I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                Autocorrect, meant "HW"

But yeah, this smells of PED use of he actually comes back at HW
                I just can't see Ward risking his legacy for a one off HW fight that isn't even for a belt. He'd be fighting friggin Bellew who is a HW by weight of cellulite.

Comment

This is a very easy victory for Ward. Bellew is basically trash.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                    I just can't see Ward risking his legacy for a one off HW fight that isn't even for a belt. He'd be fighting friggin Bellew who is a HW by weight of cellulite.
                    I think he's trying to beat Bellew then pull a Spinks and go down on his shield against a bigger guy. There's some real money in that. He's could probably scoop up an extra $5 - 10 million if he pulls it off. Money is more important than legacy at his stage. I could be wrong but he's been talking about HW for a long time and some fighters are crazy lol

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                      I think he's trying to beat Bellew then pull a Spinks and go down on his shield against a bigger guy. There's some real money in that. He's could probably scoop up an extra $5 - 10 million if he pulls it off. Money is more important than legacy at his stage. I could be wrong but he's been talking about HW for a long time and some fighters are crazy lol
                      He spoke of HW regarding legacy, but what has he said that makes you think he'd risk his health and legacy on PEDs for a fight that's not guaranteed?

Comment

Working...
                      X