Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Erik Morales WAS SUSPENDED for 2 years!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
    how can USADA OR VADA..ban anyone?? under what grounds?? what weight do they hold in the boxing world?
    I have no idea man. You're asking the wrong dude. Erik Morales was banned for 2 years for using Clenbuterol. Failed 2 tests just like Canelo.

The NYSAC let Garcia choose if he wanted to fight and considering it was his first million dollar payday, he rolled the dice.

If you’re to believe Danny, the NYSAC seemingly put the onus on him and his team to make the final decision, as opposed to the commission scratching Morales from the card, which is their jurisdictional right.

Source: https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/4/7...o-fight-boxing

What Danny Garcia soon learned was that Morales had tested positive on two separate dates, October 3 and October 13, leading up to the October 20 contest. A third urine sample taken a few days before the fight came back negative and yet Morales was still cleared to fight. By who still remains uncertain. The New York State Athletic Commission Executive Director has not gone on record discussing the case nor answered why they allowed the fight to go on just a year after going over Antonio Margarito’s damaged eye with the Hubble Space telescope.

“My dad said ’Look, [Morales] took the test, he failed it,” Danny Garcia told Maxboxing.com. “That’s the whole reason we took the tests or we would have never took the tests. So [my dad and I] said ’We are not fighting tomorrow.’ [Garcia’s Team, which includes Golden Boy Promotions and adviser Al Haymon] said we will leave it to the New York Commission. They said if [Morales] second test [collected October 13] came positive that it was ok and ‘They will take it out of your hands and he won’t fight.’ And the second test came back and they still said ’Ok."

Garcia was shocked at the commission, USADA et al allowing the fight to happen.

“That was the whole reason we did the testing so if someone tests positive for anything we ain’t going to fight,” Danny said. “So when the commission said ’Ok’ I was like ‘Damn, so it don’t even matter. Like . . . testing don’t even matter sometimes.”

Source: http://www.maxboxing.com/news/max-bo...ement-part-one

^ is a really good article.

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
    lol pls leave
    What's the beef? Dude is asking questions.
    Last edited by McNulty; 03-13-2018, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X