No announcement yet.

Mikey Garcia may be the most overrated boxer I've seen in a long time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
    Mikey Garcia has been at the right place and the right time to get his hands at the WBC 135 and IBF 140 titles : Due to favorable circumstance ( Linares unifying with Crolla, injury etc) and politics, the WBC enabled Mikey to fight for its title at 135 when in reality Linares was the true champion beating the #2. in the division.

Then Mikey strikes again like a opportune vulture at 140 when Crawford vacates the IBF letting a euro-bum Sergay Lipinets become a 'world-champion' who was latter cherry-picked by Garcia to become a 'Four-weight champion' in just a little over a year.

Dejan Zlaticanin and Sergey Lipinets, never beat anyone great or even made a single title defense, these guys where like a Charles Martin was to a Anthony Joshua.
    You usually love boxing trinkets & traditions. You give Linares a lot of credit because of his trinkets & traditions

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      You usually love boxing trinkets & traditions. You give Linares a lot of credit because of his trinkets & traditions
      Jorge Linares fought the #2. in the division and might fight Lomachenko next, alot more I can say for Linares than Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        Naw, I think Crawford or Anthony Joshua hold that honor currently.

Mikey is only overrated if you're saying he's a top 5 P4Per which many aren't.
        Crawford for sure, his best win is Postol lol.

I think only casuals overrate Joshua because they don't know any better, hence the size of his crowds. I think boxing fans in general are more realistic about Joshua. I don't know any real boxing fan that think he is elite or great.

Comment

I don't see who anyone can say he is overrated. He's a good, entertaining fighter. His PR team has to talk him up to get the big fights, but I'm not seeing a Mikey Garcia Hype-Train across all of boxing. Unlike some of the Wilder/AJ hardcore fans. He does need to fight Loma at 135/140 by 2020 the latest, if not, then it will be difficult to take him seriously as a guy who wants the best at those weight divisions.

Comment

Mikey Garcia has been at the right place and the right time to get his hands at the WBC 135 and IBF 140 titles : Due to favorable circumstance ( Linares unifying with Crolla, injury etc) and politics, the WBC enabled Mikey to fight for its title at 135 when in reality Linares was the true champion beating the #2. in the division.

Then Mikey strikes again like a opportune vulture at 140 when Crawford vacates the IBF letting a euro-bum Sergay Lipinets become a 'world-champion' who was latter cherry-picked by Garcia to become a 'Four-weight champion' in just a little over a year.

Dejan Zlaticanin and Sergey Lipinets, never beat anyone great or even made a single title defense, these guys where like a Charles Martin was to a Anthony Joshua.

This ^^^^^

Comment

Jorge Linares fought the #2. in the division and might fight Lomachenko next, alot more I can say for Linares than Garcia.
              Linares career is a smokescreen. Picking up vacant titles & getting going when the going gets tough. Crolla being #2 means nothing. But you see what I'm talking about. Mikey beat two champs in two different divisions and Broner. But you're more impressed with a win over Crolla

Comment

he does everything good but nothing great, what do modern day boxing fans actually like, everyone who wins n gets a little buzz is hated on. how exactly do us boxing fans support the sport?

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  Naw, I think Crawford or Anthony Joshua hold that honor currently.

Mikey is only overrated if you're saying he's a top 5 P4Per which many aren't.

terrence crawford is the real deal, you're just wrong if you don't think he's one of the best fighters on the planet. name five better fighters! name three!

it's between he and lomachenko, and no others. the guy can box, punch, fight left or right handed, has a good chin, and we know he is tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                    He got the resume doe

GRJ
                    Walters
                    Sosa
                    Rigo
                    Hahahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      Linares career is a smokescreen. Picking up vacant titles & getting going when the going gets tough. Crolla being #2 means nothing. But you see what I'm talking about. Mikey beat two champs in two different divisions and Broner. But you're more impressed with a win over Crolla

linares also lost to antonio freaking demarco, and a nobody named sergio thompson, who has never won a fight outside of mexico.

not to mention the huge flaws he's got when you watch him fight. spotty chin, bad instincts. yeah, he's super athletic, but there's so much more to being a fighter than that. this ain't dancing

mikey bites down now when he gets hit. i used to worry about how he'd react, but i think the layoff made him care more about the sport. i think linares is tough, but he does not have great instincts.

i remember watchinmg him roll punches the wrong way against demarco while the HBO broadcasting team was comparing him to ray robinson . by the end of the fight he was covered in blood and getting his ass kicked by antonio demarco

Comment

Working...
                      X