Comments Thread For: Oscar Valdez Wins Grueling Decision Over Scott Quigg

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
      Nobody is talking about the advantage of 10 pounds of Quigg has against Valdez.

Lol.

Quigg is rubbish! Valdez had a punching bag in front of him all night and couldnt stop this bum who just recently had his jaw broke! Why is Oscar always going life and death with journeymen? remember his last fight with Genesis? horrible! and in this one Scott Quigg almost got him out of there! Oscar Valdez probably gets beat by a shot Abner Mares or that euro-bum Lee Selby!

Comment

• Originally posted by lparm View Post
        Quigg should've pulled out of the fight. He was badly weigh drained and Valdez fought a shell.

Quigg at 100% easily beats this guy
        Actually quigg had a big advantage coming in the fight so much heavier than Valdez. Quigg was at 110% so if he had actually made weight and came in his normal weight Valdez would have easily beat him.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Quigg is rubbish! Valdez had a punching bag in front of him all night and couldnt stop this bum who just recently had his jaw broke! Why is Oscar always going life and death with journeymen? remember his last fight with Genesis? horrible! and in this one Scott Quigg almost got him out of there! Oscar Valdez probably gets beat by a shot Abner Mares or that euro-bum Lee Selby!
          I figured you wouldnt give any respect to either fighter regardless who won. But when Deontay Wilder is fighting bums like the tub of lard Stiverne you say Wilder is incredible and beat a top opponent

Comment

• Wish Valdez knocked the guy out...
            Cheating the scales..

Fight went as I expected 8-4...Valdez likes wars I guess... he gets hit but delivers his own punishment.

Entertaining to watch ....not like fake Keith Thurman.

Comment

• Valdez is a beast

Comment

• Slugfest in the rain.

Comment

• Was watching the Mikey fight instead of this last night. Recorded it and just sat down and watched it...great fight!!!

Both guys fought through some real injuries on their faces.

Shame Quigg missed weight and had an advantage but credit to Oscar who said it made no difference in the post fight interview.

Haven’t seen many fights with that much rain throughout the card. Credit to the fans who sat through it. No doubt some stayed home and as a result the crowd wasn’t as loud as it should have been for another great Stubhub war.

The right man got the decision but I think the judges scores were wider than they should have been.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baltimore View Post
                    Was watching the Mikey fight instead of this last night. Recorded it and just sat down and watched it...great fight!!!

Both guys fought through some real injuries on their faces.

Shame Quigg missed weight and had an advantage but credit to Oscar who said it made no difference in the post fight interview.

Haven’t seen many fights with that much rain throughout the card. Credit to the fans who sat through it. No doubt some stayed home and as a result the crowd wasn’t as loud as it should have been for another great Stubhub war.

The right man got the decision but I think the judges scores were wider than they should have been.
                    I don't think so. To me, the fight was pretty easy to score. The only rounds Quigg clearly won was rounds 5 and either 7 or 8, I forget which one.

The only round that could've went either way, was round 9. That round was close, but I have it to Valdez based on his superior activity level and his punches looked cleaner.

All the other rounds were clear rounds for Valdez, but that's not to say Quigg didn't have his moments, particularly in the early and middle rounds. He was still landing leather, it's just that Valdez did much more than Quigg. Valdez's punches almost always looked more impressive and cleaner.

Quigg fell apart from rounds 10 -12 however. In the rounds that he needed to win, he did next to nothing because he was so tired. The bodywork by Valdez was a key factor.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X