Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Wilder's Manager Did ***** Move, I Made DiBella Relevant!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Holler View Post
    I think there's a couple of significant differences in the two situations. Mayweather was older, he was further into his career, already talking host first retirement.

He was also brought up in a boxing family, he knew the business from an early age.

Joshua started far later and is still learning. He's done very well for himself with Matchroom and they both understand his value to them.

He's making very good money and he has the experience of Matchroom and their organisation to do some of the heavy lifting and crucially allow him to focus on the fighting.

He can dip his toe in the water and learn the business and maybe towards the end of his career he can make the maximum from promoting himself. I think however that he's more likely to have the promoters role in mind for his post fight career.
    I actually agree on nothing you wrote

So what

Mayweather was a year older then AJ when he broke free from TR

Yeah Mayweather grew up in a boxing family and could see the pitfalls of the sport first hand as a youth. from AJ interviews he knows the sport and from what I’ve read he has put a great team behind him l. He’s stated he want to be a billionaire he doesn’t get there with Matchroom making 10-20mil a fight with them he gets there going independent controlling the whole pie

What does starting later in the sport have to do with anything right now AJ is a walking ATm whether he started fighting at 7 , 18 or last week it doesn’t matter he puts the butts in the seats and he’s the one who people pay to watch

If AJ left Hearn and Matchroom not one person who was willing to pay for AJ/ Takam or buy his PPV doesn’t. At this point what extra financial value does Matchroom give AJ

Yes AJ has done well with Matchroom so did Manny , Oscar and Floyd with Tr and guess what Iscar and Floyd made way more once they went independent

like I said he’s a walking ATM he’d make way more independently. He doesn’t need to focus on anything he isn’t right now that’s why you have a solid team behind you to work out all the logistics and do all the grunt work and all he has to do is focus on fighting just like he’s doing now nothing changes but the bigger slice of the pie he gets

Why would he go independent on the tail end of his career that makes no sense by that point he would have missed the boat on most of the $

It’s like you guys are Matchroom employees

Comment

50/50 or no fight, fck you Wilder, stop ducking!

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        DiBella has been known and respected long before that shyster Hearn ever spoke his name.
        Nobody respects your little bytch Dibala.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          DiBella has been known and respected long before that shyster Hearn ever spoke his name.
          Hey, the Hearns have a long history of conning the British public out of their money. Before fast Eddie there was dodgy Barry, while DiBella was in he's pram chewing he's dummy. Some respect please.. ☝️

Comment

Hearn has done a great job of making Joshua one of the most marketable fighters in boxing, selling out stadiums with every fight. Finkle has become irrelevant, now only talks a good game. He took over a promotional company, I think Empire Sports or something like that and it went BK 2 yrs later, not a good track record in the modern era. Wilder one of the most protected heavyweight champions of all time. He really believes he is the best, but his 4 managers have protected him brilliantly and won’t put him in a dangerous fight. Ortiz is over 40 and would have stopped Wilder if the ref didn’t give 15 sec for Dr to evaluate him. I like Wilder and he is exciting in the ring because you never know how he is going to react after getting hit and he certainly can punch, but Joshua on a whole different level the way he beat Klitschko. Wilder making $2M to Joshua $20M deserves about a 70/30 split and would be the biggest payday for both, Wilder would be able to retire on that money, he seems to be a good family man, lots of respect to him for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
              Yea, same as Parker did. Ask for 50-50 to start. That is why it is called negotiation. There are a lot of things to be decided, just as important as the purse split is where the fight is located. It is not ducking. Wilder has been calling out AJ for a while. He was calling out Fury before that, and he straight scared Fury into retirement. Hearn was talking to Wilder's people, said he would get some numbers back to them and go from there, and just disappeared. The 50-50 is a bunch of b.s. and everyone knows it. Trying to justify AJ ducking Wilder with that is straight ******ed. Say you want Wilder to gain more popularity, like he just did, say what something that makes sense. Parker asked for 50-50 and he is getting the fight, but Wilder, no its pointless to even negotiate if he is asking for 50-50.
              You do realize the difference don't you? Parker isn't getting 50/50 and Ostrich Legs waited for after Joshua to sign a fight and after he signed a fight to only now say maybe he would take less than 50/50?

Shows he wasn't ready. The guy has 40 fights and only has two legit top-10 wins. Joshua already beat Dillian and Wlad in 20 fights.

Not to mention, your boy Windmill almost had the fight stopped in the 8th - the ref had to help him with resting time and determine if he could even continue.

Comment

I often wonder why all you experts aren't promoting fights. I mean three or four of you could straighten boxing right up. What are you waiting for?

Comment

War Fast car!!!

Comment

I dig dibella. He has done alot of good for,boxing,fans over the yrs. He an extremely emotional srecm at times and i can see it being a turnoff to some ppl. I enjoy it though

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                      Hearn is SPOT on

WIlder just picky backs of joshua, dibella didn't do **** for years
                      Can't you read? The posts just before yours explain that saying you want 50/50 to the media does not vaporize all possibilities of negotiations. In fact, like Parker, it's a starting point.

You're saying Hearn's father doesn't have the authority to promise an offer from his son?

Comment

Working...
                      X