Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua's Promoter Says Wilder 'Probably' Next, Rejects HBO Talk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a lot of respect for AJ as a business man and a lot of respect for AJ as an athlete.

If AJ really insists on facing Wilder this year on SHO or SHO PPV, whether his promoter prefers it or not, and the fight happens, win or lose, whether he destroys Wilder or he gets destroyed, AJ should be given massive props by fans and haters alike. Wilder took a big unnecessary risk against Ortiz, and if AJ rushes into the Wilder fight, he deserves the same praise, or even more.

Comment

just watched hearns interview.

Not sure who else saw it but he my impression was:

1) most likely fight in America in August (presuming against Miller) first
      2) fight wilder in December (subject to talks) - if this is the case in the uk you wouldn’t be able to do a stadium fight so it would have to be in America/vegas

If above happens I think everyone would be happy, hopefully wilder fights whyte in uk in August time also to build fight even more in that scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
        Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't Hearn need a copromoter for a Vegas fight due to licensing reqs? If so, I see why he'd not want to go that route.
        He might if he doesn't have a license in Nevada. That's where DiBella or Brown would step in...

Comment

Hearn doing good promotions here. However AJ Berra b focussed on Parker yet. Worst poison come in small packages

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
            Both guys are still relatively unknown in the US other than by hardcore boxing fans, the next 9 to 12 months should be both dudes getting into the general US sports fans consciousness as much as possible. I think Joshua making his US debut in NY against Miller in the Summer makes a lot of sense, I'd also like to see Wilder go to the UK to fight Whyte. I understand most boxing fans will look at it differently, but I'm a patient man that enjoys the ride as much as the destination and want this fight to be as big as humanly possible when it does occur.
            To your point, we saw how long it took to get Mayweather-Pacquiao and that ended up being the most lucrative fight in history.

However, there really isn't much in the heavyweight division right now other than Joshua-Wilder so that fight is better to happen sooner rather than later and then when that is out of the way then all those other guys can fight to become the next contender...

Comment

he’s made it quite clear Joshua won’t be fighting Joshua next,, isn’t Povetkin fighting on the Parker undercard to build that fight, he’s also said joshua would fight miller next if Joshua fight in America...he’s talkin straight outta his ass when says wilder is next
              Last edited by Scary_canary; 03-09-2018, 01:28 AM.

Comment

I hope it's next but doubt it. Hearn has more 💰 to make if he slow cooks this one. But I want it now.

Comment

Originally posted by JRB123 View Post
                  To your point, we saw how long it took to get Mayweather-Pacquiao and that ended up being the most lucrative fight in history.

However, there really isn't much in the heavyweight division right now other than Joshua-Wilder so that fight is better to happen sooner rather than later and then when that is out of the way then all those other guys can fight to become the next contender...
                  Whenever Floyd and Pac fought, it would've still been the most lucrative fight in boxing history. Quit using that as an excuse for promoters to delay fights the fans want to see.

To your point, that fight probably would've sold even more, if it had happened before the memory of manny getting stretched became ingrained in everybody's minds.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                    I have a lot of respect for AJ as a business man and a lot of respect for AJ as an athlete.

If AJ really insists on facing Wilder this year on SHO or SHO PPV, whether his promoter prefers it or not, and the fight happens, win or lose, whether he destroys Wilder or he gets destroyed, AJ should be given massive props by fans and haters alike. Wilder took a big unnecessary risk against Ortiz, and if AJ rushes into the Wilder fight, he deserves the same praise, or even more.
                    He deserves praise for taking the most lucrative fight available, which also happens to be for the last remaining belt to become undisputed HW champion of the world?

He should be ridiculed for considering anything else.

Comment

This is the huge money fight to make and they need to take advantage of it now while they can before someone gets KO'd and kills the opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                      X