Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Zolani Tete Accuses Naoya Inoue of Ducking Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comments Thread For: Zolani Tete Accuses Naoya Inoue of Ducking Him

    YET another high profile boxer has sidestepped fiery WBO bantamweight champion Zolani Tete. This time it is Japanese star Naoya Inoue who has decided to seek a title in another direction rather than challenge Tete even though he had intimated that he will do so beforehand.
    [Click Here To Read More]

  • #2
    WBO gives a champ first dibs when he/shevmoves up a weight class, meaning inoue coulda choosen to be mandatory challenger to tete. so, yea, thats too bad. no one wants to fight tete.

    Comment


    • #3
      I cant blame Zolani Tete for feeling this way, we seen this pattern before with Inoue; all those years at 'Superfly' and not one elite prime opponent, no : Rungvisai, Gonzalez, Estrada, Cuadras, Yafai.

      I find it suspicious that Naoya held the WBO at 115 and would of got the green light from Tetes rep Frank Warren and the WBO considering that a champion moving up in weight gets priority.

      Now some of you bums out there will say 'Hey its his first fight at Bantamweight' well thats not what they said when Inoue jumped past 112 where a prime Gonzalez and Estrada were at the time to take on the 115 Lineal Champion Omar Andres Narvaez -- you know the guy that Tete is set to face in a few weeks? Hell Inoue might fight Narvaez again before he takes on Tete, he must be praying for the upset.

      Btw Jamie McDonnell is TRASH.

      Comment


      • #4
        All right, but please tell me: from when, exactly, did Tete become such a danger to be avoided by someone like Inoue? Name one fighter on his resume who is worthy of being remembered. Perhaps Moruti Mthalane (who, in fact, TKOd Tete).

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
          All right, but please tell me: from when, exactly, did Tete become such a danger to be avoided by someone like Inoue? Name one fighter on his resume who is worthy of being remembered. Perhaps Moruti Mthalane (who, in fact, TKOd Tete).
          Ask Ryan Burnett he knows the answer.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            I cant blame Zolani Tete for feeling this way, we seen this pattern before with Inoue; all those years at 'Superfly' and not one elite prime opponent, no : Rungvisai, Gonzalez, Estrada, Cuadras, Yafai.
            'All these years', you mean all three of them. He got the belt when he was 21 and he's only 24 now. As for mentioning Yafai, it was Hearn who rejected an offer for Yafai to meet Inoue on Superfly 2.

            At Inoue's age most fighters are still being fed tin cans to build their resumes and establish their weight class, I say give the kid a chance. McDonnell is hardly a soft touch, stylistically Inoue has usually had the advantage of height and reach, and he gives that up against McDonnell who is unusually tall at 118.

            If he beats McDonnell and then agrees to meet Tete will you still be beating on him ?

            You also realise Inoue is fighting McDonnell just one month after Tete is fighting Narvaez right ? Other option for Inoue was to wait a couple months longer for Tete, as it is they would both be ready for a unification showdown if they win their respective bouts.
            Last edited by angkag; 03-07-2018, 07:54 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by angkag View Post
              'All these years', you mean all three of them. He got the belt when he was 21 and he's only 24 now. As for mentioning Yafai, it was Hearn who rejected an offer for Yafai to meet Inoue on Superfly 2.

              At Inoue's age most fighters are still being fed tin cans to build their resumes and establish their weight class, I say give the kid a chance. McDonnell is hardly a soft touch, stylistically Inoue has usually had the advantage of height and reach, and he gives that up against McDonnell who is unusually tall at 118.

              If he beats McDonnell and then agrees to meet Tete will you still be beating on him ?
              Cut it! hes a two weight champion/lineal, considered top ten P4P since 2014! So what if Yafai ducked him? whats his excuse for everybody else? pick someone!

              Wins over now unified IBF/WBA lightflyweight champion Ryoichi Taguchi, Lineal Omar Narvaez at another weight after jumping over flyweight! a win over former two time superflyweight WBA champ Kohei Kono! gee you think this kid is ready?!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                I cant blame Zolani Tete for feeling this way, we seen this pattern before with Inoue; all those years at 'Superfly' and not one elite prime opponent, no : Rungvisai, Gonzalez, Estrada, Cuadras, Yafai.

                I find it suspicious that Naoya held the WBO at 115 and would of got the green light from Tetes rep Frank Warren and the WBO considering that a champion moving up in weight gets priority.

                Now some of you bums out there will say 'Hey its his first fight at Bantamweight' well thats not what they said when Inoue jumped past 112 where a prime Gonzalez and Estrada were at the time to take on the 115 Lineal Champion Omar Andres Narvaez -- you know the guy that Tete is set to face in a few weeks? Hell Inoue might fight Narvaez again before he takes on Tete, he must be praying for the upset.

                Btw Jamie McDonnell is TRASH.
                How is Jamie trash, He beat the Kamada guy and say what you yes he was hype but beat him twice, not somebody i would rather Label trash. Tete is pissed nobody ask him to come Japan.

                Does not matter his next fight Inoue will make him a star in england good move.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                  Cut it! hes a two weight champion/lineal, considered top ten P4P since 2014! So what if Yafai ducked him? whats his excuse for everybody else? pick someone!

                  Wins over now unified IBF/WBA lightflyweight champion Ryoichi Taguchi, Lineal Omar Narvaez at another weight after jumping over flyweight! a win over former two time superflyweight WBA champ Kohei Kono! gee you think this kid is ready?!
                  This still glosses over that Inoue is fighting only 1 month after Tete, where Inoue's only other option is to not fight and wait longer for Tete. Its not like Tete was out there looking for an opponent and Inoue picked someone else - Tete was already fighting someone else.

                  Also, no idea what the plan is, but:

                  1) Loeffler has stated he wants Inoue back on his superfly 3 card even if its at 118
                  2) superfly 3 targeted for the fall
                  3) Inoue wants back onto the US stage

                  Add it all up, and timing would be perfect for Inoue v Tete unification as part of Superfly 3.

                  That would benefit Tete too as its the biggest stage for the 112-118 weight class there is.

                  Fingers crossed.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by rudy View Post
                    How is Jamie trash, He beat the Kamada guy and say what you yes he was hype but beat him twice, not somebody i would rather Label trash. Tete is pissed nobody ask him to come Japan.

                    Does not matter his next fight Inoue will make him a star in england good move.
                    He robbed Kameda! he robbed Solis! he should be fighting at featherweight! McDonnell was forced to rematch both men back to back! not my words! the WBA forced him to rematch Loborio Solis last time around ; plenty of articles online documenting this, you guys act like it never happened!

                    SKY had McDonnell clearly losing the first fight vs. Liborio Solis, it was considered top robbery of 2017! He sucks! he been missing weight on the scale at bantamweight since 2015!!! -- a weight bully, he was suppose to leave the division and fight at 122 after robbing Solis in Monaco, how do you guys miss all the news?!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP