Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

41 years old Klitschko vs 38 years old Ortiz - who is a better fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the last 2 years I've felt Ortiz is the most talented in the division and I still feel that way. Wilder just has that Foremanesque power that can change things at any moment.
    Wlad v AJ was a good fight but Klitschko was a shell of himself by that point. I'd pick today's Ortiz to beat last year's Wlad.

Comment

• Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
      BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH...All of that and you're unwilling to declare Wlad's best win. Nor even mitigate his 4 losses (2 by KO). Instead, you insult me personally and this country. Pretty poor showing, to be honest.
      You couldn't dispute what I said could you?

Wlads best win is Haye. A fighter who would have destroyed any version of Wilder because he can't box for ****.

You're still a clown. Anyone who isn't insane will laugh at you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        For the last 2 years I've felt Ortiz is the most talented in the division and I still feel that way. Wilder just has that Foremanesque power that can change things at any moment.
        Wlad v AJ was a good fight but Klitschko was a shell of himself by that point. I'd pick today's Ortiz to beat last year's Wlad.
        Based on what?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
          Based on what?
          Pick a sentence if you're going to challenge what I said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
            Wladimir is way more proven than Ortiz but Ortiz is a pretty good fighter, especially for a guy approaching 40. I think Klitschko would beat Ortiz anytime over the last 12 years or so. There's no evidence to suggest Ortiz is as good as Klitschko and plenty of evidence to suggest that WK is a much better fighter. Wladimir is also bigger, faster, more athletic and much more mobile on feet.
            Yep. And Ortiz is too slow and plodding for even the 41-year old Wladimir. Jabs and straight rights would have had him out of there earlier than 10. Ortiz's stamina looked poor too.

Comment

• Wlad from the AJ fight would be a firm firm favourite over the Ortiz from the Wilder fight.

No question.

What Fury did to neutralise Wlad isnt a viable tactic for 99% of the division, and definitely not Ortiz.

Wlad would have pawed and jabbed and right crossed and clinched Ortiz to death even at 41.
              Last edited by Tom Cruise; 03-04-2018, 05:07 PM.

Comment

For the last 2 years I've felt Ortiz is the most talented in the division and I still feel that way. Wilder just has that Foremanesque power that can change things at any moment.
                Great Point!

Comment

Pick a sentence if you're going to challenge what I said.
                  Vlad defeated fighters better than Ortiz has on his resume. Plus, hos right hand is more accurate and.just as lethal as Wilder's. I do not see how 38 year old Ortiz beats 40 year old.Vlad who looked better and almost beat a better fighter than nothing Wilder and Jennings

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
                    Vlad defeated fighters better than Ortiz has on his resume. Plus, hos right hand is more accurate and.just as lethal as Wilder's. I do not see how 38 year old Ortiz beats 40 year old.Vlad who looked better and almost beat a better fighter than nothing Wilder and Jennings
                    You fuked yourself in the very first sentence. Look at the Jennings fights. They fought the same guy not long ago and Ortiz finished him while Wlad looked timid and hesitant. If you want to make quality comparisons, that's your best one right there.

You also seem to want to bring up resume. We're not debating where they were 5 or 10 years ago. We're talking about the last year and even though I'm a fan of Wlad, he faded hard after the Pulev fight.

I'd confidently pick Ortiz over Wlad of the past 3 years. I'd pick prime Wlad over any version of Ortiz though.
                    Last edited by Redd Foxx; 03-04-2018, 05:14 PM.

Comment

You fuked yourself in the very first sentence. Look at the Jennings fight. If you want to make quality comparisons, that's your best one right there.

You also seem to want to bring up resume. We're not debating where they were 5 or 10 years ago. We're talking about the last year and even though I'm a fan of Wlad, he faded hard after the Pulev fight.

I'd confidently pick Ortiz over Wlad of the past 3 years. I'd pick prime Wlad over any version of Ortiz though.
                      One good performance doesnt make a career.

Ortiz was an excellent win for Wilder im not trying to crap on it, but he had not looked good in the last few years. Neither had Wlad, but Wlad was coming from a way way higher base. We are talking about a legitimate ATG

Comment

Working...
                      X