Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Survives Huge Scare, Knocks Ortiz Out in Tenth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote:
    Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
    Quote:
    Quote:
    You must not understand the sport very well. You train 8 +/- weeks for X fighter, then Y fighter comes in as substitute. Then it's an entirely different fight... one you are not prepared for. Why, with as many times as we've seen that happen in recent years, are there still some of you guys who just don't get it YET? I really hope Joshua rematches Takam, and I think he might, just to shut you clueless clowns up on the subject.

Your mind doesn't seem to work so well there bubba. Do less drugs, and you'll find that just maybe you can develop some cognitive skills and normal reading comprehension. Takam is Takam, DA. He's always fought the way he fought Joshua. And Joshua trained for an entirely different style, whether your DA will admit it or not. He did NOT do SOME training for Takam along with the training he was doing for the other guy. GTFOH loser bwaaaaay. Joshua/Wilder IS a 50/50 fight. End of story.

I see you have permanent brain damage so I'll just accept that and let it go. Sorry, I don't have training to speak to an obvious tard bwaaaaay.

But if you think ANY fighter is going to do as good in a fight with a late sub as he does with the fighter he trained for... your mind is simply blown there bubba. As for Joshua/Klit... looks like Joshua adjusted fine in the later rounds AND STOPPED KLIT.

But really... something you should consider... maybe you can get some disability payments for that wacko brain defect.

LOL!!!!!

Originally posted by Skip Bayless View Post
    U are a ******
    Nah. That's your gig. What just happened was, you were stretched out on the canvas from one of my huge right crosses... and the ref just counted you out.

LOL!!!!

Seriously, no worries friend... we're just on here sharing our opinions about the sport we enjoy. Nothing more.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Someone this weekend described Wilder as the Happy Gilmore of boxing, and it's the best description I've ever seen for him. He's terribly unskilled for a championship level fighter, yet he has that one equalizing attribute that is carrying him through time and time again. It's remarkable to see happen time and time again.

He's just a trained right hand who has honed everything into being able to land that right hand and finish his opponent once it hurts them.
      I described him to someone as the "best, worst boxer" in the sport.

Comment

• Really was a great heavyweight fight. The first 4 rounds were slow, but those last 6 were awesome. A lot of big shots landed by both men and both deserve much respect for the performance.

I think Wilder showed a lot in that fight that should lessen the hate he’s received up until now in his career (and reading the forums since the fight it does seem that a lot of the haters have given him his credit which is cool).

Showed a ton of heart and a ton of chin that nobody knew for sure if he had or not going into the fight.

I think Ortiz is the 3rd best heavyweight in the world right now and proved it on Saturday (can’t rank Fury until I see him in the ring again).

Hope we get to see the two best heavyweights in the ring soon...I’ve grown more confident in my Wilder pick since he shown all that heart and chin on Saturday

War Wilder! Bombzquad!

Comment

• Originally posted by sotgoda View Post
          There was a knockdown. See a video replay of the angle and you will see that a Wilder left hit Ortiz which made his leg give way. Does not matter now anyway as Wilder took out the judges as he typically does.
          You know what I saw? wilder holding for dear life and the ref doing nothing to separate them. And the doctor giving wilder 10 more seconds. I saw that, of course he ko Ortiz in the 10th but he did got some help...

Comment

• Originally posted by BendOver View Post
            You know what I saw? wilder holding for dear life and the ref doing nothing to separate them. And the doctor giving wilder 10 more seconds. I saw that, of course he ko Ortiz in the 10th but he did got some help...
            Wilder held in the 7th round. It is allowed in boxing. On the 10 seconds, Wilder did not request it and seem surprised he was being checked out - heard it is a NY thing to protect against potential litigation. Look, I am not surprised there are still excuses for Wilder's wins. Ortiz was given more than 10 seconds to recover in round 5 when Wilder knocked him down - do you see Wilder fans moaning about that? No, we just move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
              No but this fight has shades of the "cindarella man"...we have a big wild puncher against a technical minded guy on the old side.

I predict that it will go the distance and Ortiz will get robbed on a decision. Both guys will have their moments. ortiz will avoid the right and wilder will stay on his feet.
              Two more rnds and your prediction comes true ..... you would think the judges would catch on by now and be LESS obvious however .,Wilder was far behind even with the knock down ,imagine Ortiz wins rnd 11 and 12 and they read the scorecards ?? lol..

Its all speculation , i dont think many opponents will be in a rush to fight Wilder at Barclays...
              Last edited by juggernaut666; 03-18-2018, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BendOver View Post
                The first guy that lands clean. Will be the winner...
                Just come across this post now, and it strikes me as funny that the first guy that landed clean was Ortiz, and he lost.

Comment

• Fight is done and dusted.. We have moved on..... Ortiz should join the queue again. He could get one more chance to a title.

Comment

Working...
                  X