Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Survives Huge Scare, Knocks Ortiz Out in Tenth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did not like Wilder.. ever until now. He is the man.

Comment

• Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
      You must not understand the sport very well. You train 8 +/- weeks for X fighter, then Y fighter comes in as substitute. Then it's an entirely different fight... one you are not prepared for. Why, with as many times as we've seen that happen in recent years, are there still some of you guys who just don't get it YET? I really hope Joshua rematches Takam, and I think he might, just to shut you clueless clowns up on the subject.

Your mind doesn't seem to work so well there bubba. Do less drugs, and you'll find that just maybe you can develop some cognitive skills and normal reading comprehension. Takam is Takam, DA. He's always fought the way he fought Joshua. And Joshua trained for an entirely different style, whether your DA will admit it or not. He did NOT do SOME training for Takam along with the training he was doing for the other guy. GTFOH loser bwaaaaay. Joshua/Wilder IS a 50/50 fight. End of story.

I see you have permanent brain damage so I'll just accept that and let it go. Sorry, I don't have training to speak to an obvious tard bwaaaaay.

But if you think ANY fighter is going to do as good in a fight with a late sub as he does with the fighter he trained for... your mind is simply blown there bubba. As for Joshua/Klit... looks like Joshua adjusted fine in the later rounds AND STOPPED KLIT.

But really... something you should consider... maybe you can get some disability payments for that wacko brain defect.

LOL!!!!!
      U are a ******

Comment

• Originally posted by Ajvar View Post
        How about a knock-down in second when referee saw a "slip" when there was none?

Wilder performed a clean KD. Ortiz lost his left leg after Wilder's left short.
        There's wasn't a knockdown in the second. The reply shows Ortiz throwing a punch and slipping.

Comment

• Originally posted by Just looking View Post
          His jab was depriving Ortiz of a good line of vision, watch, along with his power, decreased Ortiz agression, thus keeping the distance. The fact that it was a counter over the jab that started that just shows why he shouldn't and didn't jab a lot. If he pulled his arm back he would give Ortiz a better vision and the space he needed to strike. And don't forget that Ortiz actually had the reach advantage, that's why he could fight from the distance
          Nah Ortiz didn't have the reach advantage, that was debunked by the Showtime crew before the fight, they said it was falsely reported by several outlets. Wilder had the reach advantage by 5 inches

Comment

• Still not impressed.

Comment

• Originally posted by BendOver View Post
              There's wasn't a knockdown in the second. The reply shows Ortiz throwing a punch and slipping.
              There was a knockdown. See a video replay of the angle and you will see that a Wilder left hit Ortiz which made his leg give way. Does not matter now anyway as Wilder took out the judges as he typically does.

Comment

• Originally posted by sportbuddha View Post
                You might as well of not of bothered with all the lame comparisons and just said ‘I hate AJ, I think Wilder is by far the best in the world and nothing AJ does will change that’.

At the end of the day, it’s good there are at least two top flight guys to make an interesting match up. I agree Wilder looked better tonight and whilst I’m not a fanboy of either, he’s improved a lot.
                I like Anthony Joshua.

Comment

• Originally posted by BendOver View Post
                  I saw slow-mo replays. Left hand in the head. Short one so referee forgot how Wilder is powerfull and assumed there was a slip.

Comment

• I've seen several replays and the slip was right call in my view.

Comment

• Someone this weekend described Wilder as the Happy Gilmore of boxing, and it's the best description I've ever seen for him. He's terribly unskilled for a championship level fighter, yet he has that one equalizing attribute that is carrying him through time and time again. It's remarkable to see happen time and time again.

He's just a trained right hand who has honed everything into being able to land that right hand and finish his opponent once it hurts them.

Comment

Working...
                      X