No announcement yet.

NSB Pick 'em 2018 Redux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice: Leaderboard test edit

Added player TEST01 to bottom of leaderboard just to make sure I could add new players if necessary. I can.

Koba

Comment

Originally posted by PICK EM CREW View Post
      Added player TEST01 to bottom of leaderboard just to make sure I could add new players if necessary. I can.

Koba
      BTW in the Fight Results table below the Leaderboard table, Usyk won a close decision in the Gassiev-Dorticos fight That's a typo.

Comment

Thanks for putting up the hard work PICK EM CREW.

BTW in the Wangek-Estrada pick'em, I used a 3x multiplier and I hope that can be accounted accordingly. Thanks again.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...0&postcount=20

Also for Groves-Eubank Jr., 3x multiplier:

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18489705&postcount=32

Last edited by SceneBoxer; 03-02-2018, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SceneBoxer View Post
          BTW in the Fight Results table below the Leaderboard table, Usyk won a close decision in the Gassiev-Dorticos fight That's a typo.
          Cheers, man, hadn't noticed that one... I'll get on it. Also I'll get working on the updates for the last two fights... ummm. soon. I've been trying to put it off cos right now the only way to edit the data is by wading through a mess of symbols and numbers which I reaaaally don't wanna do. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get it in an easier editing format shortly though.

EDIT: tried to give an e.g there but the formating messed up the post
          Last edited by PICK EM CREW; 03-02-2018, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            I just found out siablo accidentally made the Estrada-Rungvisai poll private so only the picks posted in the thread counted. Fortunately I had Estrada close, otherwise I'd be disappointed.
            Sure miss. There was a big red warning though.

Comment

Request for info: Groves eubank pick em

Looking to start updating the leaderboard with the data from Goves - Eubank, but I'm wondering if anyone had a screenshot of the poll taken at the start of the fight so we can remove any late voters from the results. I'm sure I remember someone mentioning that they took a screenshot of every pick 'em at poll closing, but I can't remember who it was.

Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Koba

Comment

Extra post - just cos I need to get our damn count up to 15 posts to post URLs.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                  Sure miss. There was a big red warning though.
                  I just didn't scroll down the first time.

Comment

Comments for groves - eubanks pick em

We're now in a position to start updating the leaderboard with the past coupla weeks fights, but using the Pick 'em poll for Eubanks - Groves raises the issue of it's reliability since the poll wasn't closed at the starting bell and I've been unable to obtain a screenshot for that time.

My personal recollection tells me that the ratio of votes is pretty damn close to how it was before the fight, so I think that if there were any late votes there were very few and that probably it is OK to just go ahead and use the results as they stand, but if anyone has any strenuous objections please let us know - Oh. And any disgruntled Eubank voters who are just hoping to get all the votes discounted needn't bother cos my dumb ass voted for Jr too and I got no sympathy for ya.

Koba

Comment

Scores from Groves - Eubank poll (unmultiplied)

These are the scores pulled from the Eubank - Groves pick 'em thread. Final result was GROVES, DECISION, CLOSE. I'll be updating the leaderboard in the next hour or two, but if anybody got anything to raise just PM me or let me know on the thread.

*TonyMontana*, b morph, Chrismart, Clegg, Cutthroat, DramaShow, FrankieClutch, Ganondorf, hagler2017, Idunnoshet, j0zef, jmrf4435, john l, John Locke, Johnny Rubber, Kaspa9t9, Kezzer, mathed, natureboy, Parksy81, pretty ste, RJJ-94-02=GOAT, Robbie Barrett, soul_survivor, Spacey1991, tonysoprano = 30pts

BodiesInFlight, chou5, HeadShots, kingdruid, kolibruk, Shako93, Vadrigar. =25pts

lightsout_finit, =20pts

KingLennox, Sun_Tzu, Vinnykin =20pts

kushking, PurpleHaze, ruedboy, son of bonters =20pts

-Kev-, A.K, Baltimore, BoxingFan85, DuckAdonis, GGG Gloveking, Just looking, Koba-Grozny, Mammoth, MindGame, Oluminati, otrocubiche, P4PNo1, Pigeons, Scary, Stynpine, TheUntouchable, The_ultimate, willsteri, wlad1111, = 0pts

_Rexy_, Check_hooks, jojog88, Snoop Frog,= 0pts

ashadam, boliodogs, Damn Wicked, fistic flow, hhs661, JACK1190, Jubei, KenBuchanan, redmish, Shontae De'marc, Sid-Knee, Szef, Zaroku, = 0pts

-MEGA-, asgarth, Bad_Guy, BigZ44, BlakBread904, BLASTER1, BrometheusBob., Caught Square, Eff Pandas, FLY TY, HandsofIron, HeadBodyBodyBody, kidbazooka, koolkc107, LacedUp, nikrib, OnlyBeingHonest, Redd Foxx, revelated, RockyB, shingle, SilverMiles, SonnyboyReturns, StudentOfDaGame, SugarRayCurtain, Superbee, yammy25 = 0pts

No bonus multiplier for wide odds.

Multipliers used:

HeadBodyBodyBody,3X (on Eubank) = 0pts

(Sceneboxer) Groves, KO 5-8, 3x = 60pts

(abovetheclouds) Groves close decision X2 = 60pts

White Willie, 2X (on Groves) = 40pts

RockyB, 2X (on Eubank) = 0pts

Ashadam - 2x (on Eubank) =0pts

NC Uppercut, x2 (Groves close dec) = 60pts

EDIT: No pick for: Thraxox? siablo14? g27region? jas? ThomasJK? MulaKO? Deus? KingTito? Sugar Adam Ali? sjomcik? Cheek busting? jup11223? StefanTosic? Valoric_Fire? anonymous2.0? ShoulderRoll? No Tomorrow? SinderellaMan? Verbalk? Bjl12? Boxing56 dan_cov? Floyd is TBE? Joe Beamish? lizard_man? misantrop? Slicc? TrapperMatthews? Vegemil? Banderivets? black.ink? Enzo Mc is ****? GMAN SUPREME? illpusher? Mirkku11? Motorcity Cobra? oscar9992? Shrap? Stephankotyk? The Comic DON? Tony Trick-Pony? ..WaRSpencE..? BlackBenjamin? Mic Tyson? ShowStopper21? SouthEastBeast? Unknown Champ? SUBZER0ED

EDIT: I have surmised that the TOTAL and CORRECT columns headers appear to have become transposed at some point in the past. This only became apparent further down the table when we started getting people with more 'correct' than 'total' fights. Mmmm. Ballache, cos I'm gonna have to go back edit all the guys who lost their perfect records on this fight (and there's a good few of us). If any of you got more 'correct' than 'total' fights let me know and I'll swap 'em round.

EDIT: Coupla guys whose points just don't add up - Ganondorf is one. Prior to my editing he had 3 correct picks including 1 perfect and had used a x2 but had only 80 pts... which is impossible. BlakBread904 had 2 total, 2 correct had used a x2 and a x3 but had only 80pts (also had a streak of 1 though, which may have been a transposition in this case). If you notice anything similar on your score just let me know and I'll look into it.

A stack of the guys who had 50pts prior to my editing were listed as 3 fights and 3 wins (impossible) and streaks of 2 Caught Square, FrankieClutch, hhs661, John Locke and Otrocubiche. I've assumed Bob ****ed up here, perhaps with the column header transposing thing so I've put you all as 2 wins and streaks of 2 (prior to updating) though you remain on 50pts. NC uppercut was down as 1 perfect out of two total but with three wins (I've given you 2 wins outta 3 total). If any of you disagree, PM me.

EDIT: A good number of the streaks were clearly wrong too. Had a number of guys with say 3 total picks and 3 wins but a streak of only 2. I've tried to use common sense with this. Also I've set the streaks of guys who lost this week back to 0 but added their old (longest) streak in parentheses.

EDIT: Leaderboard points and scores updated for all members present prior to the Eubank - Groves pick 'em. New members who joined for the pick 'em have yet to be added and the rankings yet to be ammended to take account of the new scores. Fuck me that was some graft. Wouldn't blame BroBob one bit for running off naked into the hills of Wisconsin... hopefully should be a bit easier from here on in, though.
                      Last edited by PICK EM CREW; 03-03-2018, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X