• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by *TonyMontana* View Post
    It's all in this thread John

Don't drag other posters into your delusions

You shall influence no more
    Well Tony I guess maybe that's the only way for you to get to top.***e off I'm out

Comment

• John I and his lies has brought the whole pick em into question. He tried to taint me but it's backfired on the bitch. Proven liar and evidence of possible cheating. Cong**** John.

The bitch still won't do the right thing and remove his lying self from any running of the game either. If he does nothing why is he so eager to cling on to power?

Come back bob.

Comment

• Originally posted by john l View Post
        Well Tony I guess maybe that's the only way for you to get to top.***e off I'm out
        If not accepting cheating is the only way I can get to the top fairly then that is what I shall do

I'm not doing too bad
        I'm right behind you(not literally don't get paranoid) and you lied,cheated and manipulated your way to the top

Its like an ordinary fighter taking on a dude on steroids

I hope you get help

Comment

If not accepting cheating is the only way I can get to the top fairly then that is what I shall do

I'm not doing too bad
          I'm right behind you(not literally don't get paranoid) and you lied,cheated and manipulated your way to the top

Its like an ordinary fighter taking on a dude on steroids

I hope you get help
          You are gonna put dude in the insane asylum if you keep up. Honesty and integrity will prevail in the end. Lol

Comment

• Been out for a day from this thread (busy with Caneloterol) and the jokes here exploding.

Thanks for the laugh gangsta...

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              John I and his lies has brought the whole pick em into question. He tried to taint me but it's backfired on the bitch. Proven liar and evidence of possible cheating. Cong**** John.

The bitch still won't do the right thing and remove his lying self from any running of the game either. If he does nothing why is he so eager to cling on to power?

Come back bob.
              Originally posted by john l View Post
              I just caught a guy cheating and until he started the whole(lets discredit the accuser thing)that was it.But after he tried to discredit me I HAD NO CHOICE but to defend my name.And I'm not the ONLY one who seen it.This crap is the LAST thing I wanted to be spending time on.
              OK gentlemen, I think it's about time to wrap this ish up. Irrespective of who did or said what, it is clear that this back and forth is not bringing us any closer to a conclusion. What it is doing is distracting from the game and clogging up the thread with unprovable accusations and ill feeling. Please both accept my apologies for not acting sooner, however.

Now. Robbie - we made the decision a coupla days ago that as a matter of principle no action should be taken against you since there was no solid evidence of wrongdoing despite 3 seperate posters claiming to have seen your deleted pick. Case closed

Action has already been taken to close the possible loophole that has come to light in this matter in terms of changing the account settings to receive e-mail confirmation of picks, and going forward we are also looking at taking screenshots of the pick 'em thread at the point of the opening bell - though logistically we may need to enroll the help of some more volunteers, since we ain't all gonna be watching every fight.

In the matter of the counterclaims against john, all I can do is provide my own personal take on the matter, which is firstly that I have gained the impression john is a sincere and honest person (if occasionally a little too earnest for our cynical internet age) and that he has given me no reason to doubt his integrity in the time he has spent as a CREW member.

The allegations made that he somehow deliberately falsified his record on the leaderboard is patently absurd... not only is john is about as computer savvy as a Labrador (sorry man, but you know it's true) who has yet to even master copy pasting and certainly wouldn't have a clue how to change the table edit format from html to WYSIWYG... if you don't know what I'm talking about do a quote of the first post and scroll down to the table, but just as with Robbie, it's hard to see what benefit would be gained since no extra points were added.

Secondly not only are errors in my data input distressingly common - in each weeks pick 'em either the players themselves, john, siablo or myself notice maybe 2 or 3 mistakes on average, but when we first set up and I did the initial update of the leaderboard, far far more came up... many left over from Bob's tenure (go check the state of the leaderboard before we took over if you doubt me - that ish - with due respect to Bob - was all over the place), but many more made by me while familiarising myself with the process. Numerous PMs and posts will attest to the amount of time I've spent correcting this ish and how many mistakes were made.

The mistake correctly picked up by Robbie was one of these many initial update errors almost to a certainty, and I have absolutely no reason to suspect foul play, nor was any such accusation made at the time.

Now. As to the reason claimed by Robbie that john somehow maliciously claimed that he had deleted a pick to somehow get revenge, all I can do is repost here the PMs we exchanged (with johns permission) when this situation came to light. To me it looks entirely as if - initially at least - john had no idea that the pick was not in the thread. Unless john truly is a puppetmaster of the highest order (which you ain't man, sorry, but cunning and john l don't belong in the same sentence) this PM comes across as entirely genuine.

john l:

I noticed one SMALL mistake and couple odd things.1st Robbie Barnett did pick but was wrong not a big deal but think it should be noted.2nd-Szez had 2 x2s and 1 x3 before fight used one x2 so it should be 1-1 but he now has extra x3.And jozef did not pick but now has 115 this one could be my mistake but did not see him over 100 last week but could have missed him.And now I see you did talk to Szez but thought he said he was wrong on missing a xs but now has one extra x3.Not trying to make an already tough job tougher but anyone can make a mistake(as maybe I did Jozef)
              koba-grozny:

I'll check Robbies, I just used the info passed on by siablo when he compiled the pick -em but yeah if he got it wrong he should be noted. I used the info on szef mults that I dug up when he questioned my results and modified the leaderboard to reflect that , but it is possible that he used a mult on one of his losses that I didn't pick up on (in fact now I think about it I've a tickle that either him or Jozef - I always get the two of em mixed up - used a dud x3 a coupla weeks back). I'll look into it later. And I'll check back on Jozef's I've got screenshots of all the old leaderboards, so it shouldn't be difficult to track down. On that note I'll also start doing something I've kinda been thinking about from the start which is to include a copy of the leaderboard at the state it was before updating alongside each weeks updates to make it easier for anyone to check the updates for errors - the more pairs of eyes on it the better, man.

I got a lot on today, but I'll check back tonight and get it straightened out, cheers for the heads up, man.l
              Originally posted by PICK EM CREW
              OK. You were right about Szefs mults - I thought I'd got 'em all when he queried me about it, but looking back it seems that he blew a x3 on Dorticos I'd missed. I've updated that one. I also checked Jozefs entry from before I updated and he was already on 115 so that's OK. The mystery is Robbie Barrett's.. unless I'm blinder than I thought. I've been back to front and front to back up till the cut-off and I can't find a pick off him. You think you could dig out the post number for me? - if it ain't there and you're sure you saw it, there is the possibility that he deleted it, of course, though there ain't much for someone to gain unless they wasted a mult. Hmmm. I'll have to see if we can't figure a solution to that one..

Anyways, once again thanks for the heads up, and well done with the picks man, though some of these upstarts are breathing down your neck now ha ha

**** (Koba)
              Anyways. I'm done. john l has my full trust, and when he sharpens his computer skills up a tad I hope he will play a more complete role in the PICK EM CREW, but even as is it's useful to have a knowledgeable and dedicated poster to bounce ideas off and make sure I don't stray too far from common sense.

My opinion? No further action.

However, should either of you feel the need to continue your debate on the PICK EM masterthread or any of the PICK EM fight threads be warned that it will not be tolerated. Without prejudice or judgement I will put you on ignore from the PICK EM CREW account which will stop any further posts. If you still wish to play you will be able to do it only by PMing your picks either to myself or to the PICK EM CREW account. If you don't like it you can take it to the mods.

Regards and thank you both for your time.

Koba
              Last edited by Citizen Koba; 03-30-2018, 06:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
                You are gonna put dude in the insane asylum if you keep up. Honesty and integrity will prevail in the end. Lol
                He was too easy

Every message I was like il tell him now

But he kept feeding the troll in me haha

Comment

He was too easy

Tony, you're bad man.

Comment

• Originally posted by SceneBoxer View Post
                    Tony, you're bad man.
                    You think he was up all night thinking police are coming to kick his door off hahaha

Comment

He was too easy

Hey I can take joke but I don't think you knew I had just been called out by a cheat who was pulling the old discredit the accuser trick.Something like honesty and integrity is something I take VERY serious.When people bring your name up In those situation's ALL people remember is that your name was in same sentence as cheat NOT the specifics.Thats all I'm going to say on this matter.And thx Siablo although I am better then a dog at computers(ok not a whole lot but give me a little lol)Cant believe but it feels a lot better being called ignorant on putters then being called a liar or cheat.Again this last post here on this matter.

Comment

Working...
                      X