No announcement yet.

NSB Pick 'em 2018 Redux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    Usually odds for low key US fights take a while to be up but if we still haven't found any by Wednesday, I will work with the 1X.
    Have not seen odds either but really don't think Imman would be that much of a dog to get any more then X1.But could be wrong. At what point do we wanna give out extra's?

Comment

• Originally posted by john l View Post
      Have not seen odds either but really don't think Imman would be that much of a dog to get any more then X1.But could be wrong. At what point do we wanna give out extra's?
      I leave the fighter's multiplier to Koba.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        Ha... that was my first order of business for the morning too, beat me to it!

In fact the bookies seem to have little interest in the boxing this weekend: most of what I'm throwing up oddwise are UK domestic clashes, and they all seem to be pretty much mismatches anyway...

Anyways, on paper at least Imam - Ramirez is a competitive fight so we got the choice between running it anyway on a x1 or just not doing a pick 'em for this week, unless you can spot any other decent fights that I've missed?
        Pretty sure Imman not too big a dog but have seen no odds put up yet.There not even putting up one on the "Nail" fight it don't look.But was wondering at what point should we give out extra's?

Comment

Pretty sure Imman not too big a dog but have seen no odds put up yet.There not even putting up one on the "Nail" fight it don't look.But was wondering at what point should we give out extra's?
          To my mind it Imam vs Ramirez shouldn't be too far off a 50/50 but that's just my viewpoint. I think it works on a x1 but I'm certainly prepared to take other opinions since I've only seen either of them fight a coupla times. Gvozdyk vs Amar probably hasn't attracted the bookies on either side of the atlantic for the same reason I ain't too interested in it (despite the Nail being something of a personal fave)- it's a mismatch plain and simple. Barring some freak accident Aman has no chance at all - or as close as you can get in the fight game.
          Last edited by Citizen Koba; 03-13-2018, 03:36 PM.

Comment

To my mind it Imam vs Ramirez shouldn't be too far off a 50/50 but that's just my viewpoint. I think it works on a x1 but I'm certainly prepared to take other opinions since I've only seen either of them fight a coupla times. Gvozdyk vs Aman probably hasn't attracted the bookies on either side of the atlantic for the same reason I ain't too interested in it (despite the Nail being something of a personal fave)- it's a mismatch plain and simple. Barring some freak accident Aman has no chance at all - or as close as you can get in the fight game.
            Yea agree I wanna see Gvozdyk but also think way to big of a fav.I think Ramirez will be a slight fav(house fighter,undefeated)but cant see being more then 2-1 maybe little more.At what point do we want to use more then x1?My vote on this fight would be just a x1 I think it should have to be a big fav.Just my 2 cents

Comment

To my mind it Imam vs Ramirez shouldn't be too far off a 50/50 but that's just my viewpoint. I think it works on a x1 but I'm certainly prepared to take other opinions since I've only seen either of them fight a coupla times. Gvozdyk vs Amar probably hasn't attracted the bookies on either side of the atlantic for the same reason I ain't too interested in it (despite the Nail being something of a personal fave)- it's a mismatch plain and simple. Barring some freak accident Aman has no chance at all - or as close as you can get in the fight game.
              I guess I should have just read the rules.Bob had it 5-1 to get 1.25.This fight deff not a 5-1 unless I'm WAY off.

Comment

I guess I should have just read the rules.Bob had it 5-1 to get 1.25.This fight deff not a 5-1 unless I'm WAY off.
                Yeah, I was just figuring what you meant and was gonna point you at the rules. It's a minimum 5 - 1 and 1/4 the odds. In theory that could lead to some ridiculous multipliers when using your x3s or whatever, but in practical terms I wouldn't be wanting to include any fights that were beyond about 10 - 1 and even then only in exceptional circumstances... like some 'must see' kinda ****.

EDIT : And no, no way is this a 5 - 1 whichever way you're leaning.
                Last edited by Citizen Koba; 03-13-2018, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I was just figuring what you meant and was gonna point you at the rules. It's a minimum 5 - 1 and 1/4 the odds. In theory that could lead to some ridiculous multipliers when using your x3s or whatever, but in practical terms I wouldn't be wanting to include any fights that were beyond about 10 - 1 and even then only in exceptional circumstances... like some 'must see' kinda ****.

I agree on everthing

Comment

Is there a pick ‘em this week bro? I haven’t seen the thread yet, I assumed it would be Ramirez vs Imam, no problem if there isn’t one though.

Comment

• Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                      Is there a pick ‘em this week bro? I haven’t seen the thread yet, I assumed it would be Ramirez vs Imam, no problem if there isn’t one though.
                      That is the plan, man. We had been waiting on the odds, but it doesn't look like there's gonna be any, so we're going with 50/50.

Thread incoming in 5.

Comment

Working...
                      X