• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like you people did at one point...

Comment

Originally posted by larry mustafa View Post
      bull****....................
      You are trying very hard to make a case for Canelo and getting angry at those who disagree with you. So I'll ask you what I have asked a couple of others. How did you score the fight? Make your case with your score card. I scored it 116 to 112 for GGG because I thought he threw and landed more punches in 8 of the 12 rounds. I am a long time fan of both boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by G G G View Post
        Like you people did at one point...
        switching back to Conor come may? or will it be Loma? or usyk ? just curious

Comment

Didn’t Canelo outland him in power ounches? Generally a “runner” outlands in jabs. I think Canelo out landed him in power ounches almost every round. He was hardly running. When he was on the ropes he’d either dodge GGG or make GGG back up and it happened quite often. Canelo is and always has been a counter puncher. I thought it was a good draw. They both fought very well and Canelo took a lot from GGG and GGG adapted by throwing safer punches which were jabs for him that time around.

You can’t say Lara beat Canelo and that Canelo fought like Lara yet also lost to GGG. You can’t have it both ways. Pick one hating argument and stick to it.

Ggg and Canelo gave great accounts of themselves and showed tons of skill. If GGG could fight like Canelo he would and likewise for Canelo. It’s all fun and games when you steam roll everybody until you fight a guy who avoids the punch, isn’t afraid and stays within his own punching range and makes you pay as Jacobs and especially Canelo showed.

Give Canelo his props and due the same way GGG does.

Love Abels quote “hard to not knock a guy out who fights to not get knocked out.” You don’t fu cking say. A fighter tries to avoid being KOd? What are the odds.

They both fought well. Canelo did his best to make GGG oay and GGG tries to put hands in canelo any way he coukd even if it was just a jab. Good effort from both and they both deserve some respek. That was two special fighters in an extremely high level match with potential dire consequences almost every skirmish. They were f ucking impressive
          Last edited by NearHypnos; 02-28-2018, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            I am a GGG fan and a Canelo fan and I thought GGG won the fight 116 to 112 by throwing and landing more punches in 8 of the 12 rounds. How wrong was I? How did you score the fight?

I scored it a draw though can't remember the exact rounds though I think I had it like Canelo rounds 1-3 & 10-12, GGG all the rounds in between.
            Something tells me I may have actually gave Canelo the sixth and maybe GGG the tenth. I really can't quite recall despite watching it a few times but yh I had it even each time I watched.

I thought a draw was fair, the 118-110? scorecard was atrocious.

Comment

Canelo lost deal with it. There is a rematch so you can talk about that now.

Comment

Originally posted by larry mustafa View Post
                Dont forget, many people who said Canelo "boxed" against GGG, were also some of same ones said Mayweather "ran" against Canelo. I'd be more concerned about that agenda from biased fans.
                Last edited by richardt; 02-28-2018, 11:50 PM.

Comment

As a spectator, it was boring to see Canelo on his bike but realistically, he shouldnt be fighting any other way if he wants to beat GG.

Canelo isnt even a real MW imo. He is a bit of a tweener. For him to stay in the trenches would be stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    I am a GGG fan and a Canelo fan and I thought GGG won the fight 116 to 112 by throwing and landing more punches in 8 of the 12 rounds. How wrong was I? How did you score the fight?
                    Your not wrong. I scored it 8-4 for Golovkin also.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                      As a spectator, it was boring to see Canelo on his bike but realistically, he shouldnt be fighting any other way if he wants to beat GG.

Canelo isnt even a real MW imo. He is a bit of a tweener. For him to stay in the trenches would be stupid.
                      The problem is he may have to stay in the trenches in order to win. Going to the ropes didn't do it last time.

Comment

Working...
                      X