No announcement yet.

Rungvisai has a better resume than Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    Nice speech. Rank him number if you want. You aren't changing my list and Crawford is much higher on my list of top 10 pfp boxers. Let us known when Rungvisai unifies 115 the way Crawford unified 140 if he can. Rungvisai just struggled to beat a guy he was supposed to knockout. Now just watch Crawford KO Horn the way a top pfp fighter is supposed to do.
    You can't compare Horn to Estrada.

Rungvisai has beaten a Top 3 P4P guy twice and Estrada is around the P4P top 10 level if I'm not mistaken.

That's something Crawford hasn't done yet.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
      Well, maybe, but that has to be proven against fighters better than Postol..

I do actually think Crawford might be the real deal but he's yet to face a top fighter. Plenty of fighters have looked the business until they really got in with another top fighter.

It remains to be seen how good Crawford really is, even if i suspect he is that good. Rungvisai is much more proven at this point.
      Crawford is the greatest WW that ever lived without fighting a WW

Comment

Rungvisai is great but he shouldn't be at the top unless he unifies and moves divisions. He is on the list as he beat a p4p who was top as they made history + went on a streak through 4 divisions - aka no matter the weight, they were the best. AKA the purpose of p4p - that really doesn't mean Rungvisai should replace Choco on the p4p list - It means a great fighter finally hit the ceiling of his height/weight and discovered his bodies limits. Rung is a beast at that division because at that height and weight for fly he is ridiculously strong - he is only p4p if he retains that moving across weight classes. There are a couple of potentials at the minute for greatness but they need to continue to achieve first.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
          Why single out just Crawford? He has a better resume than just about everyone in boxing tbh.
          exactly............

Comment

I'd agree with that. Rungvisai has beat 2 real quality fighters in Gonzalez and Estrada. I actually had Gonzalez winning the first fight, but Rungvisai obviously won the rematch emphatically.

Gonzalez was on the P4P lists, Estrada there or there abouts.
            And he was the underdog in each fight if i'm not mistaken.
            He's on an excellent roll.

Comment

He has a better resume than Lomachenko also.

Rungvisai is way too humble for anyone to hype him up. That man just wanna beat people up and represent his country well. He should be moving up on the P4P list.

Comment

Going by the level of people they've beaten.. we can start moving SSR into the top 3 p4p.

He has a good argument based on competition to be #1 if not top 2 P4P

Comment

Originally posted by evets View Post
                  Rungvisai is great but he shouldn't be at the top unless he unifies and moves divisions. He is on the list as he beat a p4p who was top as they made history + went on a streak through 4 divisions - aka no matter the weight, they were the best. AKA the purpose of p4p - that really doesn't mean Rungvisai should replace Choco on the p4p list - It means a great fighter finally hit the ceiling of his height/weight and discovered his bodies limits. Rung is a beast at that division because at that height and weight for fly he is ridiculously strong - he is only p4p if he retains that moving across weight classes. There are a couple of potentials at the minute for greatness but they need to continue to achieve first.
                  Great post, top to bottom.

I thought Rungvisai was a lot bigger than Estrada. Estrada really impressed me last night. He was going through sledgehammer fists and retained his composure.

I was impressed with Estrada's defense as well. He put Rungvisai off balance a few times with his movements and overall slickness. There could have been a few knockdowns in that fight.

Rungvisai was a machine but lacked basic boxing fundamentals like a good jab and defense.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                    When talking P4P, the question is: Would you pick Rungvisai to beat Crawford if they were the same weight? I absolutely wouldn't.

It's not only about resumes.
                    Would you pick Mayorga to beat Forrest? Baldomir to beat Judah? Molina to beat Bey? Probably not. But skills dont automatically determine a winner either.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                      When talking P4P, the question is: Would you pick Rungvisai to beat Crawford if they were the same weight?
                      Tossup.

Crawford's a better boxer, but Rungvisai IMO is more intelligent than people give him credit for. And nobody's been effective at beating Crawford's body yet, so we don't really know for sure.

Keep also in mind, there's currently no test that would catch Performance Enhancing Rodents.

Comment

Working...
                      X