Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sor Rungvisai Decisions a Very Determined Juan Francisco Estrada

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
    Estrada won 8-4. HBO sells. From commentators to CompuBox to lederman.
    OR.... everyone else saw Sor Rungvisai own the middle rounds but you. I actually watched most of this nights fights with music on and no commentators.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpeedForce View Post
      Sri's calmness also impresses me. I didnt know he was that calm. But yeah his faints, and footwork was definitely
      enough to control the distance. He didnt have the flashier footwork, but it was more effective more times than Estrada.
      You hit the nail on the head with that wording.
      I think because he isn't "flashy" plebs don't realise what they are watching....

Originally posted by SpeedForce View Post
      Before the fight I really thought Estrada would outbox him and land good counters more than he did. But he was not able to do much til after the 10th rd. I have only seen Estrada once before though and Sri twice.
      If you had seen more of Estrada then you would probably be even MORE impressed by Srisaket...

The guy has a reputation as a "boxer" and his combination punching actually is genuinely impressive. But Srisaket used a mixture of timing, angles, footwork and brutal savagery to take away all Estradas tools...

Comment

• Originally posted by john l View Post
        SSR is more of a plodder(athough a hard hitting one).
        Hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
          Lol people actually think rungvisai won... no wonder propaganda works...they believe HBO more than their own eyes. Anyone who's seen Estrada fight in the past few years since his injury knows he is an inactive fighter, but sor actually has to land punches to get points, not get countered 2-1 in every exchange.

lol yeah you might be right if the numbers didn't say Sri landed more punches, especially to the body. Quit reaching. Estrada is actually a better boxer and still lost due to inexperience. This is championship level boxing, you cant win if you don't hurt the other guy and he's clearly landing harder punches. You sound like a noob lol

P.S. Estrada lost because most of his punches weren't even planted. He was always moving and they didnt have enough power behind it. Everytime Sri landed you heard it lol Everytime Estrada landed you heard the crowd. Did you hear how quiet they were in the middle rounds? lol

BTW I think HBO commentators are the worst lol. I like Jim Lampley cause he just commentates, and Max sometimes makes good points, but they are so biased. Like Incredibly fcking biased. I've been watching boxing for maybe 12 years and I've never seen anyone more biased, maybe the British, I dunno. lol

If you wanna say I'm biased because im Thai, maybe yeah. But alot of other people seem to agree with me lol so that's kind of telling me, maybe Im not just being biased.
          Last edited by SpeedForce; 02-25-2018, 03:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            Estrada boxed beautifully throughout the fight, he followed a game plan, landed more power punches and was clearly the fresher fighter ; took less damage had a better jab -- I'm not influence by HBO.

Who had Ring-Generalship? who was getting hit more? who had better defense throughout the fight? The only thing Rungvisai had was a good punch -- if you guys watched him and said to yourselves '' wow this is boxing'' then you need to watch another sport.
            That's another thing people don't understand, its not actually who wins the whole fight, its who wins more rounds.

Comment

lol yeah you might be right if the numbers didn't say Sri landed more punches, especially to the body. Quit reaching. Estrada is actually a better boxer and still lost due to inexperience. This is championship level boxing, you cant win if you don't hurt the other guy and he's clearly landing harder punches. You sound like a noob lol

P.S. Estrada lost because most of his punches weren't even planted. He was always moving and they didnt have enough power behind it. Everytime Sri landed you heard it lol Everytime Estrada landed you heard the crowd. Did you hear how quiet they were in the middle rounds? lol

Estrada has faced Gonzalez, Tyson Marquez, Geovani Segura, Carlos Cuadras and Brian Viloria which are all former champions. Estrada is a former world champion himself who has defended his belt multiple times. Yet he is inexperienced? Why do you even continue to comment such nonsense. Move along little boy.

Comment

Sri's calmness also impresses me. I didnt know he was that calm. But yeah his faints, and footwork was definitely
                enough to control the distance. He didnt have the flashier footwork, but it was more effective more times than Estrada.

Before the fight I really thought Estrada would outbox him and land good counters more than he did. But he was not able to do much til after the 10th rd. I have only seen Estrada once before though and Sri twice.
                I thought Estrada would win too because I felt Sor was just a bad style matchup for Roman and a one dimensional fighter. But he has some skills. Estrada did have some success though he just took too many hard shots and he actually could have KO'd Sor if he wasn't so hesitant to attack when he landed those good counter punches. He'd land a clean shot and then not apply any more pressure because he was weary of Sor's power/counters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geralt69 View Post
                  You hit the nail on the head with that wording.
                  I think because he isn't "flashy" plebs don't realise what they are watching....

If you had seen more of Estrada then you would probably be even MORE impressed by Srisaket...

The guy has a reputation as a "boxer" and his combination punching actually is genuinely impressive. But Srisaket used a mixture of timing, angles, footwork and brutal savagery to take away all Estradas tools...
                  One thing I also love, Sri's poker face! Solid poker face game lol. I think I saw him smile a little once.

I would like to see Estrada sharpen a few more punches in his arsenal, he was relying on his right hand way too much. Maybe with a different trainer, he could really become a complete fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Money Loco View Post
                    then i hope u have blocked idiots like lagako10 and komandante who only root for filipino fighters and talk shyt about everyone whos not filipino.
                    I block people who come at me with their bias.

Comment

• Originally posted by Franco34 View Post
                      Estrada has faced Gonzalez, Tyson Marquez, Geovani Segura, Carlos Cuadras and Brian Viloria which are all former champions. Estrada is a former world champion himself who has defended his belt multiple times. Yet he is inexperienced? Why do you even continue to comment such nonsense. Move along little boy.
                      He's on the young side(27) lol I've only seen him fight once and Sri twice and I got the impression that Sri has alot more experience. I would say yes, Estrada is inexperienced with top fighters. No one you named is even good, lol Cuadras is like the biggest fraud. Lets say they were good, that's only 5 people. Sri gives me the impression he's fought a more variety of quality opponents.

Please don't bring up belts, lol any grown up knows they dont mean ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X