Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia: Mikey is Special Fighter Like Mayweather, Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no shortage of great fighters around his weight. If he wants to prove his greatness, just beat the best fighters. Stop talking about it. Stop bringing up the intricacies of business deals. Stop using promoter difficulties as an excuse. I like Mikey, but the best guy he has defeated is Broner. He's going for a 4th title in a 4th weight class....but beating a guy named Limpnuts isn't going to make him legendary.

Comment

Mikey is special enough to move up in weight but only with the right match making. Yes he's a fighter with great timing, boxing IQ and power but a mover, a boxer with great footwork, and enough power to keep Mikey honest... beats Mikey all day, every day. A good example is Terrance Crawford, he beat both Mikey and Danny Garcia in the amateurs.

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
        There is no shortage of great fighters around his weight. If he wants to prove his greatness, just beat the best fighters. Stop talking about it. Stop bringing up the intricacies of business deals. Stop using promoter difficulties as an excuse. I like Mikey, but the best guy he has defeated is Broner. He's going for a 4th title in a 4th weight class....but beating a guy named Limpnuts isn't going to make him legendary.
        Agreed.

Mikey is a name dropper that picks out particular styles. Unless he has a size advantage his opponents seem to be the weakest link in the division. Mikey is a smart guy, I'll give him that.

Comment

Who has Mikey even beat?

Comment

well he has the talent. only time will tell.

Comment

time will tell if he is

Comment

Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
                let him fight nomaschenko at 135 we will see how "special" he is my guess he would quit like he did ve slezalido
                Top Rank won't let that fight happen anytime soon. Mikey doesn't fit the bill just now, he's in his prime and bigger than Loma. Now if he starts to decline, if he loses or becomes inactive again, he might get the phone call.
                Bob Arum knows better.

Comment

not even close. team garcia hella annoying lately.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                    Mikey will beat both Mayweather and Pacquaio.

Comment

Working...
                    X