Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev Feels That He's Finally Reaching His Full Potential

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev Feels That He's Finally Reaching His Full Potential

Despite his tremendous success at the highest levels of boxing, two-time Light Heavyweight Champion Sergey "Krusher" Kovalev (31-2-1, 27 KOs) says only now is he reaching his full potential as an athlete. This is not happy news for the rest of the light heavyweight division!
    [Click Here To Read More]

Andre Ward may have been to Kovalev what Holyfield was to Tyson. But the Krusher is a great fighter, no question.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
      Andre Ward may have been to Kovalev what Holyfield was to Tyson. But the Krusher is a great fighter, no question.
      Andre Ward and Isaac Chilemba. Don't leave him out just because he isn't a big name. That was Kovalev's first wake up call that he couldn't even go 4 rounds anymore against a boxer far below his level without gassing very badly. Getting robbed twice against Ward just showed him he was going to need to make big changes if he wanted to fix that problem, if it's possible to fix it at all at this point. We won't know until he goes rounds again.

Comment

Because everyone reaches their potential as an athlete at 34.

GTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
          Andre Ward and Isaac Chilemba. Don't leave him out just because he isn't a big name. That was Kovalev's first wake up call that he couldn't even go 4 rounds anymore against a boxer far below his level without gassing very badly. Getting robbed twice against Ward just showed him he was going to need to make big changes if he wanted to fix that problem, if it's possible to fix it at all at this point. We won't know until he goes rounds again.
          Well, as a fan of Kovalev - believe me, I do like him a lot - I scored the first fight with Ward for the latter.

He struggled with Chilemba, yes, but still won... With Ward, my opinion is that he lost both fights. Outpointed in the first, mentally and physically beaten in the second. It hurt me to watch that one.

Comment

Lucky for Ward he retired right before Kovalev reached his full potential. He truly dodged a bullet there.

Comment

It's called being humbled. Thank Ward for that Krusher.

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
                Lucky for Ward he retired right before Kovalev reached his full potential. He truly dodged a bullet there.
                Everyone knows Kovalov won the 1st fight! And I'm a Ward fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                  Everyone knows Kovalov won the 1st fight! And I'm a Ward fan.
                  Sure he did. Big bad Kovalev was getting folded with body shots the second half of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                    Did you forget that he went 12 rounds with B-Hop pretty easily?

Comment

Working...
                    X