Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Thurman decides to retire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thurman never established himself as the best in his division, cant compare to Floyd or Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
      U reading to hard....i refer to it as BS should cuz it that back n forth over cutoff dates intially stopped it from happining. Not saying it was fake or Floyd fault.
      Yeah and I'm saying it was 100% Manny's fault. If it's not a big deal than take the fu.cking tests. Floyd was already doing it as well as Marquez, Mosley, Cotto, Ghost, Maidana, Canelo, etc.

Dude jumps weight classes, KO's bigger fighters, and makes bizarre rationalizations as reasons he "can't" take tests (giving blood weakens him, he's afraid of needles, needs a cutoff date). What is this garbage?

The dude should've been laughed out of the sport then, but hatred/racism toward Floyd superseded common sense and I'll never let it go or forgive the clowns who sided with a highly suspected drug cheat. Manny made 3 demands - Floyd agreed to all. Floyd made 1 demand - Manny couldn't agree.

Plain and simple. No ifs ands or buts.

There was no back and forth. It was one way.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
        Yeah and I'm saying it was 100% Manny's fault. If it's not a big deal than take the fu.cking tests. Floyd was already doing it as well as Marquez, Mosley, Cotto, Ghost, Maidana, Canelo, etc.

Dude jumps weight classes, KO's bigger fighters, and makes bizarre rationalizations as reasons he "can't" take tests (giving blood weakens him, he's afraid of needles, needs a cutoff date). What is this garbage?

The dude should've been laughed out of the sport then, but hatred/racism toward Floyd superseded common sense and I'll never let it go or forgive the clowns who sided with a highly suspected drug cheat. Manny made 3 demands - Floyd agreed to all. Floyd made 1 demand - Manny couldn't agree.

Plain and simple. No ifs ands or buts.

There was no back and forth. It was one way.
        Yes it was back n forth....cuz they argued on the cut off dates.. Manny didnt just flat out say no to testing.

And who did Manny KO besides Hatton???

Clottey, Marg, Mosely, Bradley, wasnt stopped at all.

Oscar, and Cotto was stoppages.

Comment

I swear Floyd says Manny knocking out bigger guys then the world copies and paste...

Comment

Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post
            Sounds familiar? Well for one thing Thurman isn't retiring no time soon. But if he was to come out & retire right now, what would you think of him? Imagine if he was to come out of no where & say he isn't going to let the sport of boxing retire him. When the sport of boxing in particular his division is heating up with guys like
            Spence, Crawford, Jeff Horn, Garcia, Porter, Vargas, Yordenis Ugas. Would everyone be ok if he was to retire?

It would be like almost like when Floyd retired when the division was heating up with Margarito, Cotto, Mosley, Zab. The only difference is that Thurman already fought & beat two of them already & Floyd had already had success in the lower wgt classes.

This is starting to remind me of that point in time.
            Comments???
            Well that would be nice. Take out everybody else who is not willing to fight Spence and things would start happening.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
              Yes it was back n forth....cuz they argued on the cut off dates.. Manny didnt just flat out say no to testing.

And who did Manny KO besides Hatton???

Clottey, Marg, Mosely, Bradley, wasnt stopped at all.

Oscar, and Cotto was stoppages.
              The "cut-off" date thing was introduced by Manny. Floyd and his team intended for tests up to the fight and considered compromise since Manny was afraid of needles/giving blood weakened him. There should never have been a cutoff date.

If PED's are being tested for - the concept of cut-off dates is absolutely unacceptable. It gives any fighter the chance to use and cheat whenever they want AFTER the cut-off. It's simply no longer Olympic STYLE Drug Testing. Unacceptable...the randomness is why it works.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                I actually see quite a few fighters retiring early. I suspect Canelo will retire young. After the GGG rematch, I have a difficult time believing he will want to fight Charlo and Jacobs. I can see him fighting Saunders. Outside of that, he is too big to go back down to 154 and likely not interested in 168 because there isn't any money to be made there. He is at a stage in his career where he wants high reward and low risk. Not much of that left for him.

Thurman could possibly retire in a year or two, especially if he doesn't want to fight Spence or Crawford. But, he hasn't made the sort of money that Floyd was making even ten years ago, and not the kind of money that Canelo has earned. But, he seems like a dude who doesn't live to excess, so the $2M per fight he earns may be enough to set him up for life in a year or two.

I suspect we may even see Garcia retire if he is ever forced to fight Spence or Crawford.
                Good post. I can see that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Morrie ATG View Post
                  What if Keith retires and goes into **** doe? His Indian wife is the Director too. One Time MILF Productions. Anybody can get it. It only takes ONE TIME on her face series 4

Comment

He'd just be a never was.

Comment

Working...
                    X