Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Thurman decides to retire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would think the same of him as I do now. A pretty good boxer, not truly elite, and someone who was always scared to death to fight the best.

This is nothing like Floyd. Floyd had already won four other division belts. Also, Floyd had already fought Zab, And the guy that beat Zab. And then he won the belt in a fifth division in what was the biggest ppv ever.

Also, Floyd asked for a contract to fight Hatton, Margarito, Cotto, and ODLH. Arum said no, because he said the money wasn't there for Floyd to make $8 million fighting Cotto or Hatton, and because Arum said he wouldn't make a fight with Oscar, no matter how much it made. Thurman has made no such effort to fight Spence or Crawford.

Also, Floyd had a long history of hand injuries, and had been complaining about it in the 24/7 shows.

Thurman has no belts in any other division, and a total of two good opponents on his entire resume. Floyd had a belt and two good opponents when he was what, 21, 22? To compare Thurman now to Floyd immediately after ODLH isn't even close enough to make sense.

Comment

Ward retired when the light heavyweight division heated up so why can't Thurman ?

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
        Ward retired when the light heavyweight division heated up so why can't Thurman ?
        Ward fought Kovalev twice and was already the best 168er we’ve seen in some time and won the tournament to earn his dues. Also a gold medalist.

Not s hitting on Thurman just olaying advocate. Thurman talked about everyone ducking him and turned into this. We get it and understand an injury and taking a fight or two but he’s not even listening to the fight until next year. That means we could potentially see him 3-4 times before Spence is even an option.

Thurman isn’t some scrub guy who isn’t ready for the big time or big fights like that. Typically you’d see two fights for tune ups and then talks start happening. Not just going “next year we’ll talk”. We’re in feb and he could def fight three times this year...

Love Thurman and I appreciate him keeping it real and it’s not a bad move on his end to prolong it until he feels fit but at least give us some s hit talk that none of us believe like Floyd “going for the KO” every fight despite us knowing he isnt. Say you’ll listen to talks after two fights. Whatever. Price yourself out, start somewhere dude lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
          I would think the same of him as I do now. A pretty good boxer, not truly elite, and someone who was always scared to death to fight the best.

This is nothing like Floyd. Floyd had already won four other division belts. Also, Floyd had already fought Zab, And the guy that beat Zab. And then he won the belt in a fifth division in what was the biggest ppv ever.

Also, Floyd asked for a contract to fight Hatton, Margarito, Cotto, and ODLH. Arum said no, because he said the money wasn't there for Floyd to make $8 million fighting Cotto or Hatton, and because Arum said he wouldn't make a fight with Oscar, no matter how much it made. Thurman has made no such effort to fight Spence or Crawford.

Also, Floyd had a long history of hand injuries, and had been complaining about it in the 24/7 shows.

Thurman has no belts in any other division, and a total of two good opponents on his entire resume. Floyd had a belt and two good opponents when he was what, 21, 22? To compare Thurman now to Floyd immediately after ODLH isn't even close enough to make sense.
          When the Welter wgt division was hot as a mofo with Margarito, Cotto, Mosley & Paul Williams, Floyd retired! That's it anything else is meaningless. Sure there's disagreements with promoters & what not but things always can be settled down. Now the only reason I'm making the comparison is because I was for seeing another great era of boxing where Floyd & the rest of the aforementioned fighters, all in their prime & practically undefeated. I thought we were gonna have all these boxers fight each other just like Leonard, Hearns, Duran, Benitez, & Cuevas did in the late 70''s & early 80's. But he just oddly retired. As fan off boxing back then I was disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
            Not like Floyd situation tho. Now if Floyd retired when Manny moved up it would be. Thurman vs Spence is like Manny vs Floyd without the blood testing bs.
            How was the blood testing "bs"? Are half the posters on here actually mentally challenged???

So sad

Comment

Originally posted by Loma#1 View Post
              What if Keith retires and goes into **** doe? His Indian wife is the Director too. One Time MILF Productions. Anybody can get it. It only takes ONE TIME on her face series 4

If that's the case, then I wish Keith the best in his future endeavors.

But he's injury prone, and people get more serious injuries in **** than boxing.

Comment

At least he kept his O Truly would be among the greatest of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post
                  Sounds familiar? Well for one thing Thurman isn't retiring no time soon. But if he was to come out & retire right now, what would you think of him? Imagine if he was to come out of no where & say he isn't going to let the sport of boxing retire him. When the sport of boxing in particular his division is heating up with guys like
                  Spence, Crawford, Jeff Horn, Garcia, Porter, Vargas, Yordenis Ugas. Would everyone be ok if he was to retire?

It would be like almost like when Floyd retired when the division was heating up with Margarito, Cotto, Mosley, Zab. The only difference is that Thurman already fought & beat two of them already & Floyd had already had success in the lower wgt classes.

This is starting to remind me of that point in time.
                  Comments???
                  I think people underestimate how life changing injuries can be to boxers. Seeing Martinez nearly face planting from not being able to set his feet was horrible. If Keith can't come back and be 100% then it's best he retire because if you can't bend your arm properly to protect yourself you are risking a lot for a check and after witnessing Magomed I really lost my appetite for blood lust in this sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                    How was the blood testing "bs"? Are half the posters on here actually mentally challenged???

So sad
                    U reading to hard....i refer to it as BS should cuz it that back n forth over cutoff dates intially stopped it from happining. Not saying it was fake or Floyd fault.

Comment

he'll be remembered as the guy that Spence ran out of boxing. he better not..

Comment

Working...
                      X