Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: I've Been Calling Out Anthony Joshua For Almost 2 Years!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    I know it's not very popular on this site to analyze facts objectively. Which makes sense since it's fans with allegiances to specific fighters.

But if we're being fair, it's obviously ridiculous to claim AJ ducked Wilder several times.

A case could be made that AJ ducked Wilder this March, but it would be a flimsy case at best. I don't think it's ducking to give a fight more time to build as long as you do end up taking the fight. So in my personal opinion, AJ hasn't ducked Wilder yet. Yes, he could have fought him in March, but it made way more business sense to fight Parker first and AJ vs. Wilder is such a bigger fight later this year than it would be now.

This Miller talk though should have everyone nervous that the plan is to duck Wilder. For all of us that want to see AJ vs. Wilder, the biggest fear has always been that HBO would do whatever it takes to block the fight.

Mentioning Miller as an opponent certainly makes it seem like Hearn is leaning towards HBO, even though it'll kill the Wilder fight dead. Which would be a real shame. A real real shame. Everyone knows AJ & Wilder are #1 and #2 on the planet. Everyone who cares about knowing who the best boxer on Earth is wants to see them fight. Delaying the fight for another year would make sense in terms of giving the general public time to find out about the fight and get excited, but it'll be a real shame if Matchroom & HBO go full board and this fight never happens.
    Joshua ducked Windmill because he didn't agree to 50/50? That's still Ostrich Legs' demand at this point. So tell me where the duck occurred?

Joshua didn't accept 50/50 from a guy who is unproven to bring PPV money and gets 1 million viewers on basic television while Joshua gets 10 million viewers in Germany alone and packs a stadium with 100,00K?

Your implication Joshua ducked is just idiotic and biased... you're a fan boy trying to pretend you're objective.

Please show me a reasonable offer made by Windmill that Hearn rejected... I still only see 50/50..

Comment

• Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
      Joshua ducked Windmill because he didn't agree to 50/50? That's still Ostrich Legs' demand at this point. So tell me where the duck occurred?
      Do you want to have a productive discussion like an intelligent adult, or do you want to talk name calling gibberish like a child? Speak to me like a reasonable person if you want me to take the time to reply.

I specifically said Joshua didn't duck Wilder. So do you have issues with reading or are you simply lying about what I said?

Joshua didn't accept 50/50 from a guy who is unproven
      Of course AJ shouldn't accept 50/50. Nobody expects him to. But when Hearn sat down with Haymon & Finkel, Hearn made it clear he didn't want to do the fight next. He claimed he didn't want to do it next because it would be worth so much more later in the year. Which is totally true. I agree with Hearn 100%. Haymon & Finkel are brilliant men. Of course they realize the fight is worth far more later in the year. So everyone agreed to talk again later.

The problem is that AJ fanboys have been tricked into thinking the fight was offered to Wilder and he turned it down because he wanted 50/50. That's not what happened. At all. So no, AJ didn't duck, but his idiotic fans have been completely brainwashed into believe a false narrative.

Comment

• Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
        Please show me a reasonable offer made by Windmill that Hearn rejected... I still only see 50/50..

They can't show you an offer that Wilder or anyone in his team made to Hearn/AJ since Wilder won the WBC title

Comment

• Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
          Hey fckboy This is about Windmill not Golovkin, Beyonce fangirls more ******ed every day
          Where did this beyonce come from? Just like the gayweather stuff losers say.

Comment

• Let's be honest, Joshua can do what he likes and so he should. Wilder can come in , like Parker, and offer to take a sensible split - which would still probably at least treble his best ever pay - and the fight will be made.

If wilder continues currently , it's quite realistic that Joshua would earn less money from fighting wilder than he would from a higher % split in a normal mandatory. It's just a result of wilder not bringing much to the table. wilder has two choices , either settle for less or make himself bigger to be abl to increase the %. Until that point Hearn can go touting as he is and is rightfully doing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
              Where did this beyonce come from? Just like the gayweather stuff losers say.
              Honestly I have no idea where it came from, wouldn't mind to find out if you have any info on that matter?

Comment

• Originally posted by JRB123 View Post
                They can't show you an offer that Wilder or anyone in his team made to Hearn/AJ since Wilder won the WBC title
                I don’t think any rational people would think Joshua ducked Wilder, I remember how I defended Wilder when he was accused of delaying or ducking his mandatory against Povetkin, that was before the failed drug test by Pedvetkin. Now these people want to make it look like Joshua ducked Wilder, Joshua himself only became relevant 18 months ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  I don’t think any rational people would think Joshua ducked Wilder, I remember how I defended Wilder when he was accused of delaying or ducking his mandatory against Povetkin, that was before the failed drug test by Pedvetkin. Now these people want to make it look like Joshua ducked Wilder, Joshua himself only became relevant 18 months ago.
                  AJ became relevant on the world scene when he won the IBF title. No one was really talking about him that much other than in the UK. Now that he got the IBF and WBA "super" titles he is the top guy.

In reference to Wilder, there could be more of a case that he was side-stepping Povetkin than AJ side-stepping Wilder. But with the whole testing thing, that makes it a story to put off to the side for the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                    Honestly I have no idea where it came from, wouldn't mind to find out if you have any info on that matter?
                    I don't know I think windmill was more creative. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                      I don't know I think windmill was more creative. lol
                      Lmao I don't really know, I like to use full name tho, Beyonce Windmill. Sounds nice.

Comment

Working...
                      X