Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Explains Why Lomachenko-Linares Being on HBO is a 'Waste'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kushking View Post
    So we're supposed to believe the scumbag who testified in court that he regularly bribes sanctioning bodies to rank bums as #1 contenders to get bouts sanctioned, somehow that scumbag now supposedly would rather take the smaller payday to give the fans what they want,yet how convenient that since HBO won't be insane enough to counter program themselves,Arum would rather match lomaducko with another in house cherry who he bribed the WBO to give yet another undeserved trinket; since hes yet another no hoper for lomaducko to face.

If Arum is so concerned with doing whats best 4 the fans then why would he rather have lomoducko fight an in house WBO 🍒 instead of who the fans would rather he fight??? Because hes full of sh & has ALWAYS planned on turning lomaducko into ggg 2.0 full of hype & shtalk but afraid of daring to be great.

I hope lomaducko loses to the next 🍒he faces,then his fangirls will jump ship to Deryevchenko or whatever other hypejob espn creates...
    🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆 If you see it quacking it must be lomaducko

Is there any sort of moderation on this forum? I believe such disrespectful behavior has to be banned. This forum deserves some manners. This fan is clearly not into sport of boxing. In the real world such words lead to kind of face damage if they are said in the boxing gym. This fan obviously never been in boxing gym 🤦🏻*♂️

Comment

ESPN is free? damn when did I miss this?

but I get what Arum is saying. ESPN does have a bigger audience.

just announce Loma/Beltran already damn. even though Beltran is not what fans want I'm not gonna call Beltran a bum. he's a solid opponent.

there goes the theory that "if two guys want to fight each other the fight gets made". it's not that simple as you can see. there's a bunch of suits behind the fighters that call all the shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
        I know it’s a long shot but.... Easter??
        after his last performance vs Fortuna. naw I'm good. his stock plummeted.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          It sure seems that way! Oscar and Arum are both shady, but I haven't seen a response from Top Rank, as to what Oscar had to say on Twitter:

February 15, 2018:

De La Hoya took to Twitter on Thursday to offer his thoughts on the situation.

Here’s what the retired six-division champion posted through an account that has 1.81 million followers:

1., Over the last days, there has been a lot of rumor and speculation about the potential fight between jorgelinares and VasylLomachenko. The facts are pretty clear.

2., jorgelinares wants this fight. GoldenBoyBoxing wants this fight. Mr. Honda wants this fight. And collectively we are doing everything we can to get these two champions into the ring.

3., We know of no bylaw, Ukrainian holiday or “magic day” in the words of Bob Arum that mandates that VasylLomachenko can only fight one day during the spring and summer month – May 12th.

4., While jorgelinares is happy to fight on any other date of the calendar, if VasylLomachenko absolutely, positively must fight on the 12th, we have a solution.

5., HBO is willing to pay more for the fight than is currently being offered. And they would do it on May 12th.

6., So, VasylLomachenko has three options. 1) Fight on May 12th on HBO 2) Fight on any other day on the calendar, 3) walk away from the fight all the fans of the sport want to see. I am hopeful he chooses one of the first two.

De La Hoya’s six Tweets on Thursday were in response in part to what Arum told BoxingScene.com earlier this week and Yahoo! Sports on Thursday.

http://www.boxingscene.com/de-la-hoy...on-hbo--125307

Why hasn't Top Rank clapped back?
          So Oscar gave Bob 3 options and Bob like ALWAYS gives only 1. My way or the highway....I wonder which one I would take??? Linares can still fall back on Mikey and make more anyways. Showtime and HBO both will pay more than ESPN.

Comment

Golden Boy is trying to be flexible, they are even willing to let Linares fight on ESPN.

Why can't Arum be flexible and make the fight on a different date than May 12?

I suspect that it's because he is petty and wants to hurt HBO's ratings on the day of the Canelo-Golovkin 2 replay.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Golden Boy is trying to be flexible, they are even willing to let Linares fight on ESPN.

I suspect that it's because he is petty and wants to hurt HBO's ratings on the day of the Canelo-Golovkin 2 replay.
              Perhaps because he already booked in the venue and the intention was for Loma's next fight to be in the big room at MSG? It's not easy to tie down a venue as busy as MSG so when Linares promoters said April 28th wouldn't work and ESPN had already given Top Rank dates perhaps that makes it hard to budge from May 12th. I guess Linares should look for an easy fight on May 12th and then roll onto Loma-Linares in August which is Loma's next slot.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                So Oscar gave Bob 3 options and Bob like ALWAYS gives only 1. My way or the highway....I wonder which one I would take??? Linares can still fall back on Mikey and make more anyways. Showtime and HBO both will pay more than ESPN.
                What's funny is Bob didn't deny that HBO will pay Lomachenko more, but he said that ESPN "has more viewers..." Yet and still, posters on here keep saying ESPN will pay Linares more! It's like they change the story to what they think, not what they just read, or heard from Arum's own mouth! Then, if I criticize what Arum say's, or correct them on what Arum actually said, then suddenly, i'm not only wrong, but i'm racist too!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                  Perhaps because he already booked in the venue and the intention was for Loma's next fight to be in the big room at MSG? It's not easy to tie down a venue as busy as MSG so when Linares promoters said April 28th wouldn't work and ESPN had already given Top Rank dates perhaps that makes it hard to budge from May 12th. I guess Linares should look for an easy fight on May 12th and then roll onto Loma-Linares in August which is Loma's next slot.
                  Or perhaps he should do it like everyone else...ANNOUNCE the fighters 1st. Then get places to bid for it 2nd

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

He’s already got that date set and Lona is fighting on it.

He’s got, what, 18 ESPN dates this year? He can’t afford to move too much around. Not a lot of fat there, especially given his roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                      HBO offered MORE for the fight. Which puts MORE $$$$ in the fighters pockets. No wonder why soo many Top Skank fighters end up BROKE and have tax problems.
                      AND end up taking bob to court....lol

Comment

Working...
                      X