Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

everyone wants what porter has

spence has to get in line

Comment

He sounds like he forgot that he already fought Thurman and lost...why doesn't he go grab a belt and then make the fight happen?

He fought and beat you already...how is someone who beat you ducking you? Like is he autistic or what?

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        No. Not confirmed. $1.2 million filed with the commission as his official purse. Additional compensation likely to minimize tax and sanctioning fee liabilities. Common practice in boxing for the main event A-Side.

Unless you really believe that Miguel Cotto was only paid $750,000 for his retirement fight?
        Spence was paid $3.5m to for the Peterson fight.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
          Spence was paid $3.5m to for the Peterson fight.
          Unlikely. No credible reason to believe that. Just a story fed to Rafael by Golden Boy and/or Arum.

Comment

Unlikely. No credible reason to believe that. Just a story fed to Rafael by Golden Boy and/or Arum.
            It falls under the "additional compensation" category imo.

I believe it, Spence went overseas and risked it all for peanuts and fought the BEST WW at the time beat him down and stopped him and took his title after a long layoff in a tough fight where he was down on the cards in the first half. This is the same guy everyone is touting as the "future of boxing", so I'm sure Al did give him some compensation especially due the the fact everybody ducked the **** out of him before and after he won the title, so he was only able to fight once last year because of it. It all makes sense.

Ofc I also believe Dan was quick to jump on it to try to make Al look bad, Arum and De La Hoya have him in their back pockets, especially with Arum locked into ESPN now.

Comment

It falls under the "additional compensation" category imo.
              Just because he likely made more than $1.2 doesn't mean he made $3.5. There's a lot of room in between. There's no reason to believe that $3.5 number because Rafael is fed BS by Golden Boy all the time (Golden Boy admitted under oath they frequently feed Rafael bogus stories).

everybody ducked the **** out of him before and after he won the title, so he was only able to fight once last year because of it.
              No. He only fought once last year because his December date got delayed a few weeks to accommodate Showtime. As a result, he was promised he'd be given three dates this year, since the January fight was really his second fight of 2017, just having been pushed back slightly. Had nothing to do with anybody ducking. He was supposed to fight Peterson in December. Showtime needed to move it back, which is why they're giving Spence three dates to make up for it.

Comment

Just because he likely made more than $1.2 doesn't mean he made $3.5. There's a lot of room in between. There's no reason to believe that $3.5 number because Rafael is fed BS by Golden Boy all the time (Golden Boy admitted under oath they frequently feed Rafael bogus stories).

No. He only fought once last year because his December date got delayed a few weeks to accommodate Showtime. As a result, he was promised he'd be given three dates this year, since the January fight was really his second fight of 2017, just having been pushed back slightly. Had nothing to do with anybody ducking. He was supposed to fight Peterson in December. Showtime needed to move it back, which is why they're giving Spence three dates to make up for it.
                So you don't think they paid him more money to make up for the fact he only fought once last year is what you're telling me?

GB was trying to sign Spence (by offering Cotto), you don't think Spence could've told them "I'm making 3.5m for Peterson so..."

Comment

So you don't think they paid him more money to make up for the fact he only fought once last year is what you're telling me?
                  No I don't, because what's the difference whether the fight is in December or January if Spence is still getting two more fights later in 2018? Showtime made a strategic decision to take the end of the year off and load up early in 2018. As long as Spence gets two more fights this year, why would he care that the Peterson fight was delayed a few weeks?

GB was trying to sign Spence (by offering Cotto), you don't think Spence could've told them "I'm making 3.5m for Peterson so..."
                  We can speculate all we want on who said what, but if you have any understanding of boxing economics, it wouldn't make any sense that Spence would make $3.5 million to fight Peterson.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout_finit
                    He was offered a fight against one of the biggest names In boxing History. And he was offered a huge payday to go up one weight. He turned it down and fought Peterson instead......

That Is a duck....

one of the biggest names in boxing history?

cotto has never done a million ppv without being the opponent for floyd or manny

Comment

What's wrong with Porter trying to avenge his loss to Thurman? I don't fault him for trying to do that instead of fighting Spence.

Comment

Working...
                      X