No announcement yet.

Shawn Porter DUCKING Errol Spence! "NOT MY GOAL, HE GOTTA WAIT"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
    Thurman already told the world he's not facing anybody worth a damn in 2018.
    No. He never said that.

Thurman will likely have to fight Porter later this year.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout_finit View Post
      Do you have any proof of these claims?
      http://www.boxingscene.com/spence-ex...en-boy--121464

Errol Spence Jr. was willing to fight Miguel Cotto.

Like Mikey Garcia, though, Spence wasn’t willing to sign a long-term contract with Cotto’s promoter, Golden Boy Promotions, to get that high-profile fight.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post

Like Mikey Garcia, though, Spence wasn’t willing to sign a long-term contract with Cotto’s promoter, Golden Boy Promotions, to get that high-profile fight.
        So instead he got a "high profile" fight on PBC with Peterson

#1 decision making XDXDXD

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post

He likely made just as much to fight Peterson (the commission filed numbers are often deceptive).

More importantly, had he signed the long term exclusive promotional agreement with Golden Boy to get the Cotto fight, then what? PBC has the WBC, WBA & IBF titles on lock down at both 147 and at 154.

So Spence would be jumping ship to get one big fight, that wasn't even paying huge money, only to wind up trapped on HBO with no good opponents and no big fights.

Comment

He likely made just as much to fight Peterson (the commission filed numbers are often deceptive).

More importantly, had he signed the long term exclusive promotional agreement with Golden Boy to get the Cotto fight, then what? PBC has the WBC, WBA & IBF titles on lock down at both 147 and at 154.

So Spence would be jumping ship to get one big fight, that wasn't even paying huge money, only to wind up trapped on HBO with no good opponents and no big fights.
            $2.5 million offer to fight Cotto which Spence confirmed. And earned $1.2 million to fight Nobody PEDerson - also confirmed.

I'm not reposting sources for you and the other jackass. See Page 4 of this thread where I posted like 10 sources.

He ducked a more difficult fight at 154 against a LEGEND to fight a nobody on basic television for less money/advertisement/promotion.

Kid keeps saying he's gonna big? He's 29 years old. When's he gonna be big? He's not and won't ever be. At least not until TC fights him, the real WW #1

Comment

I dont know about ya but I can do without Spence-Porter anyway.

Porter isnt an elite fighter and be has his own opponents at the B level.

How many people are dieing to see him face Spence? I would be dissappointed if this fight happened.

Spence needs to face a real threat. Not no bumazz porter.

Comment

Wow. That's rather disappointing. I thought Showtime would fight anybody.

Comment

That article doesn't prove anything...

And that's one of the rare occasions he actually had a fight.
                  Instead of just talking about it....
                  lol

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout_finit View Post
                    That article doesn't prove anything...
                    So you're claiming Spence was offered the Cotto fight as a one off without having to sign a long term exclusive promotional agreement with Golden Boy?

Comment

$2.5 million offer to fight Cotto which Spence confirmed. And earned $1.2 million to fight Nobody PEDerson - also confirmed.
                      No. Not confirmed. $1.2 million filed with the commission as his official purse. Additional compensation likely to minimize tax and sanctioning fee liabilities. Common practice in boxing for the main event A-Side.

Unless you really believe that Miguel Cotto was only paid $750,000 for his retirement fight?

Comment

Working...
                      X