Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Prez: Arum Must Be Flexible To Make Loma-Linares

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kushking View Post
    In other words easter because hes garbage,beltran because hes way easier gauranteed win 4 lomo,no linares/berchelt/mikey/or anyone who has a chance aka most lomos career so far...
    In only 11 pro fights, Loma has fought four opponents with great chances to beat top boxers so far in his career: Salido, GRJ, Walters, and Rigo. He fought a fifth opponent who had also just stopped Javier Fortuna at 130 despite the fact Fortuna is good enough that he should have gotten the W against Robert Easter Jr in his last fight, who is a titlist all the way at 135 and should be fighting at 140 or 147 if he wasn't a weight bully.

And most of the other six fights in Loma's career only came against lesser opponents because they couldn't find any good ones to fight Lomachenko on those dates. But out of 11 fights, Loma has fought 4 top opponents, including two with P4P top 10 skill sets.

In contrast, out of 39 fights I think, Deontay Wilder has fought zero top opponents. Out of 32 fights, Terence Crawford has fought zero top opponents. Out of 19 fights, Gervonta Davis has fought zero top opponents. Murat Gassiev is only 1 year older than him and has already fought two, as well as Isaiah Thomas who is also very good, and he's about to fight Usyk.

Jermall Charlo has 26 fights and his only good win is against a chinny prospect who is naturally a full weight class smaller than him. Same with Jermell Charlo. Loma on the other hand faced what some would call a top prospect, Gary Russell Jr, in only his 3rd pro fight, and GRJ is faster even in a P4P sense than Lubin and JRoc, and most importantly, not chinny like those guys, and not way smaller than Loma like those guys were smaller than the Charlos.

Mikey Garcia has like 40 fights or something and the only good opponent he has is one Lomachenko also has, Orlando Salido, except Mikey is a natural 170 pound man who fought Salido at 126, and Salido had to make weight, whereas Loma was naturally a 135 or 140 pound man when he fought Salido, and Salido missed weight on friday then outweighed Lomachenko by I believe 11 pounds in the ring. Meaning, Lomachenko fought a Salido who was naturally 3 weight classes bigger than him, while Mikey fought a Salido who was naturally a few weight classes smaller than him.

And we can keep going down the list. Lomachenko has more good wins after only 11 fights than almost everyone else in the sport has right now despite having fought 3-4 times that many. The only real competition for having top wins in boxing right now are Usyk, Gassiev, and GGG, but even GGG can't compete with Loma's resume unless you count the Canelo fight as a win, which I do but I'm just saying. Otherwise, only Usyk and Gassiev have close to as many top wins as Loma does right now, but you're still criticizing Loma, acting like he's ducking Linares?

When will y'all stop questioning Lomachenko's willingness to fight the best? He has done it faster, and more consistently, than anyone in boxing, time after time, but y'all still said he would duck or lose to GRJ, that he was ducking Walters, that he would duck the Salido rematch (instead they offered him a big career high purse to make it but SALIDO ducked LOMA), and that he was ducking Rigondeaux. He didn't duck any of them, and he's not ducking Linares now. Y'all need to start paying attention to the career this man is putting together IN REALITY, instead of staying in your make believe world any longer where this guy ducked GRJ, Walters, and Rigo. It never happened. In this reality, he sought those fights out, and he dominated, and now he is seeking out the lineal champ at 135, who is much bigger than him, and we wlll have to see how he does if politics don't prevent the fight. But the last man ANY of y'all should be blaming is Lomachenko. Unlike most, he actually cares about legacy, and he wants to fight the best guys every 4 months. He's said that many times in interviews that he wants to be his generation's Muhammad Ali, and that to do that, the sacrifice he's undertaking is being willing to fight the most dangerous opponents three times per year.

So no, he is not ducking. He is even moving up in weight artificially fast for no other reason than to find harder opponents because all the best guys at 126 and now 130 have ducked him outside of GRJ and Walters, who deserve credit for taking the fight. Start paying attention to what's really happened please.

Comment

Originally posted by TreJac View Post
      So Top Rank gives Golden Boy a call & offers Linares $1.2 mil to fight Loma after most people said they would never do. Top Rank, Loma/Linares, and Linares co-promoters all agree except Golden Boy refuses the May 12 date! Linares and his co-promoters know they will not make $1.2 mil fighting anyone else and by far his biggest payday of his career. Golden Boy are not doing whats best for Linares. Golden Boy needs to accept the May 12 date.
      I agree 100% with this. Linares is used to making low 6 figure paydays fighting on undercards and Arum is offering almost 5× what he made his last fight. Golden Girl is acting like Linares is the A side. What do they care if it goes against the replay? they are making their money on the ppv not the replay. Im sure Hbo doesnt want it to go against the replay but Golden Boy shouldnt care. Espn gave them that date and they already reserved MSG. If Golden Boy doesnt agree they will be screwing Linares out of a million dollars

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
        In only 11 pro fights, Loma has fought four opponents with great chances to beat top boxers so far in his career: Salido, GRJ, Walters, and Rigo. He fought a fifth opponent who had also just stopped Javier Fortuna at 130 despite the fact Fortuna is good enough that he should have gotten the W against Robert Easter Jr in his last fight, who is a titlist all the way at 135 and should be fighting at 140 or 147 if he wasn't a weight bully.

And most of the other six fights in Loma's career only came against lesser opponents because they couldn't find any good ones to fight Lomachenko on those dates. But out of 11 fights, Loma has fought 4 top opponents, including two with P4P top 10 skill sets.

In contrast, out of 39 fights I think, Deontay Wilder has fought zero top opponents. Out of 32 fights, Terence Crawford has fought zero top opponents. Out of 19 fights, Gervonta Davis has fought zero top opponents. Murat Gassiev is only 1 year older than him and has already fought two, as well as Isaiah Thomas who is also very good, and he's about to fight Usyk.

Jermall Charlo has 26 fights and his only good win is against a chinny prospect who is naturally a full weight class smaller than him. Same with Jermell Charlo. Loma on the other hand faced what some would call a top prospect, Gary Russell Jr, in only his 3rd pro fight, and GRJ is faster even in a P4P sense than Lubin and JRoc, and most importantly, not chinny like those guys, and not way smaller than Loma like those guys were smaller than the Charlos.

Mikey Garcia has like 40 fights or something and the only good opponent he has is one Lomachenko also has, Orlando Salido, except Mikey is a natural 170 pound man who fought Salido at 126, and Salido had to make weight, whereas Loma was naturally a 135 or 140 pound man when he fought Salido, and Salido missed weight on friday then outweighed Lomachenko by I believe 11 pounds in the ring. Meaning, Lomachenko fought a Salido who was naturally 3 weight classes bigger than him, while Mikey fought a Salido who was naturally a few weight classes smaller than him.

And we can keep going down the list. Lomachenko has more good wins after only 11 fights than almost everyone else in the sport has right now despite having fought 3-4 times that many. The only real competition for having top wins in boxing right now are Usyk, Gassiev, and GGG, but even GGG can't compete with Loma's resume unless you count the Canelo fight as a win, which I do but I'm just saying. Otherwise, only Usyk and Gassiev have close to as many top wins as Loma does right now, but you're still criticizing Loma, acting like he's ducking Linares?

When will y'all stop questioning Lomachenko's willingness to fight the best? He has done it faster, and more consistently, than anyone in boxing, time after time, but y'all still said he would duck or lose to GRJ, that he was ducking Walters, that he would duck the Salido rematch (instead they offered him a big career high purse to make it but SALIDO ducked LOMA), and that he was ducking Rigondeaux. He didn't duck any of them, and he's not ducking Linares now. Y'all need to start paying attention to the career this man is putting together IN REALITY, instead of staying in your make believe world any longer where this guy ducked GRJ, Walters, and Rigo. It never happened. In this reality, he sought those fights out, and he dominated, and now he is seeking out the lineal champ at 135, who is much bigger than him, and we wlll have to see how he does if politics don't prevent the fight. But the last man ANY of y'all should be blaming is Lomachenko. Unlike most, he actually cares about legacy, and he wants to fight the best guys every 4 months. He's said that many times in interviews that he wants to be his generation's Muhammad Ali, and that to do that, the sacrifice he's undertaking is being willing to fight the most dangerous opponents three times per year.

So no, he is not ducking. He is even moving up in weight artificially fast for no other reason than to find harder opponents because all the best guys at 126 and now 130 have ducked him outside of GRJ and Walters, who deserve credit for taking the fight. Start paying attention to what's really happened please.
        WTF did i tell you about posting 50 page comments??? No one likes to spend half their day scrolling through your BS!!
        Last edited by Shadoww702; 02-17-2018, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
          Get it through your ******ed,racist dsab head that no matter what gbp agrees to lomaducko will have Arum duck for him, lomaducko is only interested in pos wbo matchups vs outclassed midgets moving up or coming off horrible inactivity & or 1 sided ass beatings. Arum blocked pac vs may for yrs on pacs behalf by making millions of excuses,& im not even a floyd fanboi Just not a dsab pàctard either...

Lomaducko is the biggest hypejob in the history of boxing since ggg started actually fighting good opponents...

Arum will continue to claim loma wants the best his own size but will then act like he was born yesterday level of ****** in order to derail the fight & set him up with an in house wbo cherry..
          You're an idiot. Loma is so interested in fighting midgets that he fought an 11 pound bigger opponent in the ring in only his 2nd pro fight, and is now moving up 10 pounds in less than 2 years. Danny Garcia and Canelo took that long to move up 1 pound at a time LOL. Ward was not much faster.

As for inactive opponents, Canelo has forced GGG to be inactive to fight him, so I guess no matter how GGG performs in the rematch, you will give GGG a full pass, right, just like you're giving Walters?

Badou Jack is being kept out almost 9 months against his wishes before fighting Stevenson, so I guess you won't be giving Stevenson any credit if he beats Jack, right? And if Jack wins, oh man, I can't even tell you how inactive Stevenson has been, so Jack would have to get even less credit in that scenario LOL.

Are you really going to be consistent with your own standards? No, I know you won't, because you're just an idiot. I bet you said Loma was ducking Rigo, too. Can you do me a favor? I was wondering if you could take a break from being an illogical hater and hold this L for me while I pour my cat some milk. Well technically, it's not for me, it's for Guillermo 'Jaw Breaker' 'Knocking out welterweights in sparring' Rigondeaux. Would you mind? Lmao.

I'm just playing... I'm really not trying to rub it in, I'm just trying to show you how biased you are, and how you refuse to learn. Loma keeps fighting all the best guys one after another, in only 11 pro fights, but you keep calling him a ducker, while meanwhile all these guys with 20, 30, and almost 40 pro fights still haven't fought anyone good, unlike Loma who has already fought four good opponents in just 11 pro fights, but you refuse to criticize any of them. That shows you don't actually care about ducking, you just live to criticize Lomachenko, probably based on his race, but I can't say exactly why only you know that. For a lot of people who post the same illogical BS that you do though, it turns out to be based on race.

Comment

Lol Boxing Logic you are a killer. Keep exposing them

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
              You're an idiot. Loma is so interested in fighting midgets that he fought an 11 pound bigger opponent in the ring in only his 2nd pro fight, and is now moving up 10 pounds in less than 2 years. Danny Garcia and Canelo took that long to move up 1 pound at a time LOL. Ward was not much faster.

As for inactive opponents, Canelo has forced GGG to be inactive to fight him, so I guess no matter how GGG performs in the rematch, you will give GGG a full pass, right, just like you're giving Walters?

Badou Jack is being kept out almost 9 months against his wishes before fighting Stevenson, so I guess you won't be giving Stevenson any credit if he beats Jack, right? And if Jack wins, oh man, I can't even tell you how inactive Stevenson has been, so Jack would have to get even less credit in that scenario LOL.

Are you really going to be consistent with your own standards? No, I know you won't, because you're just an idiot. I bet you said Loma was ducking Rigo, too. Can you do me a favor? I was wondering if you could take a break from being an illogical hater and hold this L for me while I pour my cat some milk. Well technically, it's not for me, it's for Guillermo 'Jaw Breaker' 'Knocking out welterweights in sparring' Rigondeaux. Would you mind? Lmao.

I'm just playing... I'm really not trying to rub it in, I'm just trying to show you how biased you are, and how you refuse to learn. Loma keeps fighting all the best guys one after another, in only 11 pro fights, but you keep calling him a ducker, while meanwhile all these guys with 20, 30, and almost 40 pro fights still haven't fought anyone good, unlike Loma who has already fought four good opponents in just 11 pro fights, but you refuse to criticize any of them. That shows you don't actually care about ducking, you just live to criticize Lomachenko, probably based on his race, but I can't say exactly why only you know that. For a lot of people who post the same illogical BS that you do though, it turns out to be based on race.

You & your 20 page responses would be laughable if they didn't demonstrate that your that mentally ******ed,no wonder the only dksab' who take you seriously on here are your fellow gggimp/loma***uals/kkkovaquit apologists,keep convincing yourself that theres a conspiracy against white fighters by the white media who ironically is responsible 4 hyping overrated great white hopes like ggg/kkkov/lomo...:wt:

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                WTF did i tell ypu about posting 50 page comments??? No one likes to spend have their day scrolling through your BS!!
                I've been saying it for months homie. I don't even read his posts anymore. I skip thru all his shet!
                He talks too fuccing much and he's always saying dumb shet!
                He's a fuccing idiot who don't know shet about boxing!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                  WTF did i tell ypu about posting 50 page comments??? No one likes to spend have their day scrolling through your BS!!
                  lol your low iq brain cant deal with all these facts Boxing Logic dropping on you

Comment

Originally posted by Najuk View Post
                    Lol Boxing Logic you are a killer. Keep exposing them
                    Then suck his **** then.... You PUNK!

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                      hbo has the rights for linares next fight, they already agreed to let him go to espn as long as he doesnt compete with their dates, i think is more than fair... if you are asking hbo to let one of his fighters to compete against their own card then you are just as delusional as arum...
                      Does HBO really have rights? I know a spokesperson said that but I've never heard anything about that from any neutral party.

In any case, I'm just saying why does it matter? Why does it matter if HBO is counterprogrammed by Loma-Linares, or Loma-Beltran? Either way, they are counterprogrammed by a high rating show. Either way, Linares can come back to HBO afterwards. The difference would be a few months, but why would HBO care about that? They barely have enough boxing money to pay anyone anyway, and Linares is not one of their featured stars or anything, and there are no good fights to be made with Linares on HBO anyway, seeing as the other three champs are all on different networks, and I don't know of any exciting lightweight contenders on HBO they can put in with Linares.

It seems like HBO is getting out of boxing, so if that's the case, then just get out. Get out da way. It was their lack of boxing budget, and lack of boxing dates, that caused Top Rank to move to ESPN in the first place. But now suddenly HBO wants to compete again? I gave them a pass for their low boxing budget last year because of "the merger," but that excuse has been used for like three years now. It's enough. That was never a good reason anyway. HBO is printing money, so if they care about boxing, they should be matching Showtime's budget at the very least, considering Showtime has less subscribers and lower ratings. Boxing is not a super demanding business for a huge company like HBO to stay competitive in, merger or no merger, but whoever is in charge there now apparently doesn't care about boxing. That being the case, then at least get out the way and don't prevent good fights from happening.

In other words, it sounds like HBO is going to be counterprogrammed on May 12th no matter what, so why ruin a good fight? They don't care about boxing anymore anyway, and their specific subscribers are going to get the same show anyway with the same opportunity to watch it on HBO anyway, so what's the issue? HBO does right by their subscribers by putting on the replay and the GBP show. That's it. GBP does right by its boxer letting Loma-Linares happen. Arum does right by ESPN, Loma, Linares, and the fans by making that fight on ESPN. Everyone wins, everyone does right by everyone else, and the fans get to decide what to watch in which order. Its ridiculous we're even debating this in the DVR age. We're debating a week old boxing match, in the DVR age, on a network that doesn't even seem to care about boxing anymore, except for blocking this good fight featuring a boxer they cared so little about just a year ago that he was fighting in the UK on Showtime. It's a joke. People are acting like this is about HBO letting Canelo fight on ESPN or something. This is Jorge Linares we're talking about. This is how low HBO Boxing has fallen that they are getting their underwear in a bunch over Jorge Linares.
                      Last edited by Boxing Logic; 02-17-2018, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X