Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Prez: Arum Must Be Flexible To Make Loma-Linares

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was neutral to Mexican boxers, but now i want to see you guys crying when nelo and mike lose to eastern fighters)))
    Ps. You van be fan of someone, but hating on other fighter because they considered better is so childish.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
      All bull****. Golden Boy wouldn't even let Spike O'Sullivan fight Jacobs off one of their cards. Cant ****ing stand them.
      Quit crying punk! 😄😅

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
        1. Linares is not an HBO fighter. He doesn't have a long-term contract with them. He was on Showtime only a few fights ago.

2. Their card is getting countered anyway. What's the difference if it gets countered by Linares instead of Beltran? You need to answer this question instead of just repeating yourself otherwise you have no argument. Here, let me help you. Are you maybe saying Loma-Linares would do much higher ratings than Loma-Beltran? That would actually constitute an argument, but neither of us have access to any data suggesting this would be the case. As far as I know both Beltran and Linares have done similar ratings on HBO. Now both have belts. In fact Beltran would take more Mexican viewership away from GGG vs the Mexican Canelo than Linares would.

Or, if not ratings, do you have some other reason WHY IT IS MORE HARMFUL TO HBO'S GGG-CANELO REPLAY to have it countered by Loma-Linares than Loma-Beltran? Unless you can actually give a REASON then you're just talking in circles.
        he doesnt need a long term contract, his next fight belongs to hbo... so why will they give the fight to another network only to counter their own card?? if arum wants to counter fine, but he will have to do it with his own fighters and there is nothing hbo can do about it... but when it comes to linares hbo does a have a word on it and they are being very clear about it...

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
          why would hbo let his fighter go to a different network only to counter their own cards?? is that hard to understand?
          See let me simplify this for you. The only thing you keep repeating is why would HBO let an HBO boxer fight on ESPN? Except they already have agreed to let that happen on any date but May 12th, meaning the issue is not an HBO fighter fighting on ESPN, like you keep arguing, but rather the issue is that HBO does not want to be counterprogrammed on May 12th by an ESPN show. That's why I said, don't they realize that they are going to be counterprogrammed on ESPN either way? Someone should tell them that! But you and the logic free one keep repeating that it's the fact Linares is an HBO boxer that is the difference. And yet HBO is willing to let him fight on ESPN. So it begs the question, what exactly is so much worse about Loma-Linares on ESPN than Loma-Beltran? Both will counterprogram HBO equally.

And I still don't have your answer. You just keep repeating the HBO fighter on ESPN bit. Are you trying to argue it's simply the principal of the thing? Pride? You haven't said.

See THIS is the question. Explain WHAT exactly is MORE DAMAGING to HBO about Loma-Linares on May 12th than Loma-Beltran? The only thing I can think of is that Linares would lose and then wouldn't be as valuable to HBO. And yet, HBO is not preventing Loma-Linares in general, just on May 12th. So that reason does not explain why it is worse than Loma-Beltran on May 12th.

So, that's why I asked. Y'all keep acting like I'm a fool for not having the answer, but y'all have not provided an answer either. Seems like there's a lot of that going around today.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            What do you think of this sht card now???

We were lead to believe...

Manny Pac vs. La Máquina Mattysse

Lomachenko vs. Linares

ACTUALLY getting

39 Year Old Manny vs. 37 Year Old Mike Alvarado in Battle of the old farts.

and

Lomachenko vs. some random homeless guy.

THANKS Bob!!!

Can't wait until this senile old bastard kicks the bucket!
            It's pathetic! I would pay ppv to see Pacquiao-Matthysse and Loma-Linares on the same card.
            But that old punk motherfuccer Bob is always fuccing shet up.
            He needs to die already so I can piss on his grave!

Comment

No problem Shadoww702. http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news...enko-at-126lbs

There, a reputable outlet reported not only was Rigo offered the fight at 126, but his team agreed to it! They just pulled out later. Loma even offered Rigo a rehydration clause of 134 pounds, only 8 pounds above the featherweight limit. Salido in comparison weighed either 146 or 147 in the ring against Lomachenko, 12 to 13 pounds bigger!

Now will you admit you didn't know everything, for once, admit you were wrong, and stop spewing illogical hatred all the time? It's okay. Sometimes other people pay attention to things you don't. It happens in life. Sometimes you end up being wrong. It happens. What matters is, are you mature enough to change your opinion once you are prevented with new evidence you didn't know existed before hand that disproves it, or are you so immature that you will keep carrying on like you never saw the new evidence, and keep pretending things are the way you thought before just so you can keep feeding your own biases?
              Orlando Salido VS Vasyl Lomachenko - This was scheduled for Featherweight with Salido failing to make weight and weighing 128.25 - Lomachenko made the Featherweight limit. So, in essence it was contested at Featherweight for Lomachenko and Super Featherweight for Salido.

Salido: 147
              Lomachenko: 136

11 lbs. Probably WAY less than the difference between Rig. /Loma

So which Tomato Can is Loma fighting now that Bob ***ed up the Linares fight???

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                It's pathetic! I would pay ppv to see Pacquiao-Matthysse and Loma-Linares on the same card.
                But that old punk motherfuccer Bob is always fuccing shet up.
                He needs to die already so I can piss on his grave!
                I hear ya! They went from a SIC ASS PPV Card to this JUNK!!! I'm not gonna waste my time watching any of these fights.

I'm actually looking forward to HBO\s card. Seeing Canelo beat GGG and Sadam Ali vs. Liam Smith should be a good scrap!!!

Plus sht throw Linares in their with a GOOD opponent and HELL YEAH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                  he doesnt need a long term contract, his next fight belongs to hbo... so why will they give the fight to another network only to counter their own card?? if arum wants to counter fine, but he will have to do it with his own fighters and there is nothing hbo can do about it... but when it comes to linares hbo does a have a word on it and they are being very clear about it...
                  Except it's not. Eric Gomez has said they are fine with Loma-Linares on ESPN any other date. So either HBO lied about their option or they are okay with him fighting on ESPN in general, just not on May 12th. So logic follows, why are they not okay with him fighting on May 12th? Because that would counterprogram the HBO show. But then logic follows from that, ESPN is counterprogramming their HBO show anyway on May 12th. So, you see how the logical chain falls apart? That's what leads to my question which still hasn't been answered, is there some objective, logical reason, such as ratings for example, why HBO being counterprogrammed by Loma-Linares is worse for HBO than being counterprogrammed by Loma-Beltran, other than the principal of the thing? For instance Linares could beat Loma and then come back to HBO a more valuable commodity, which would ultimately make being counterprogrammed by Loma-Linares BETTER for HBO than being counterprogrammed by Loma-Beltran.

Or, Linares could lose. But, Linares could also lose on any other date on ESPN, yet Eric Gomez has said they are willing to make Loma-Linares on ESPN on those other dates, so, hopefully you see the issue.

Comment

Let's see???

Do I watch battle of the OLDS between 39 Pac and 37 Alvarado and Loma beat on some poor hmeless bum???

or

Liam Smith vs. Ali
                    Watching Caneelo beat GGG replay
                    And hopefully Linares or Matty against good opponents.

Comment

See let me simplify this for you. The only thing you keep repeating is why would HBO let an HBO boxer fight on ESPN? Except they already have agreed to let that happen on any date but May 12th, meaning the issue is not an HBO fighter fighting on ESPN, like you keep arguing, but rather the issue is that HBO does not want to be counterprogrammed on May 12th by an ESPN show. That's why I said, don't they realize that they are going to be counterprogrammed on ESPN either way? Someone should tell them that! But you and the logic free one keep repeating that it's the fact Linares is an HBO boxer that is the difference. And yet HBO is willing to let him fight on ESPN. So it begs the question, what exactly is so much worse about Loma-Linares on ESPN than Loma-Beltran? Both will counterprogram HBO equally.

And I still don't have your answer. You just keep repeating the HBO fighter on ESPN bit. Are you trying to argue it's simply the principal of the thing? Pride? You haven't said.

See THIS is the question. Explain WHAT exactly is MORE DAMAGING to HBO about Loma-Linares on May 12th than Loma-Beltran? The only thing I can think of is that Linares would lose and then wouldn't be as valuable to HBO. And yet, HBO is not preventing Loma-Linares in general, just on May 12th. So that reason does not explain why it is worse than Loma-Beltran on May 12th.

So, that's why I asked. Y'all keep acting like I'm a fool for not having the answer, but y'all have not provided an answer either. Seems like there's a lot of that going around today.
                      nothing wrong with letting his fighter go to espn, the problem is when they know thats going to affect their programming...
                      just because arum wants to counter hbo ,doesnt mean hbo is willing to help that cause, is just ****** to think about it..
                      hbo is being reasonable by letting linares go to espn and fight on any other date, if you cant see that then you are just as delusional as arum..

Comment

Working...
                      X