Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Naoya Inoue vs. Jamie McDonnell Showdown Being Finalized

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This could be a really good fight. Well done, Mr Eddie Hearn.

Comment

McDonnell has range and has good boxing ability if I remember right.

I don’t think Inoue has an “ easy “ time with him.

Comment

Originally posted by vaynardevil View Post
        was it his fault ?
        u don't read his explanation don;t u ?
        he offered fight to other champs, but none of options was available coz various reasons, why should he stay at division w8ing and fighting bums while w8ing big fights...
        There's plenty of names to go after and wait for.

It's not like there's 1 or 2 guys and they have other obligations...literally like 5-6 fighters he can fight and HBO was backing him with a slot on their superfly card - HBO would make ANY of those guys fight Inoue.

But Inoue decided to move up instead. You cannot argue facts my friend. The fact is, he was in a loaded divison with opportunities to fight the top guys on that superfly card but he moved up instead.

Comment

Sucks that Inoue is leaving 115 beacuse the fights there were mouth-watering, but if he can't make the weight, he can't make the weight. This is a great and ballsy first fight at 118. McDonnell will tower over Inoue and I'd put this down as the best win of his career if he does it based on that massive size difference. Doubt it will ever happen, but I can't imagine a bigger fight in Japan than Inoue vs Yamanaka if he were to win the rematch against Nery to take back his belt.

Comment

Good fight for Inoue. Make it happen ASAP.

Comment

excellent fight!!

Comment

Originally posted by vaynardevil View Post
                was it his fault ?
                u don't read his explanation don;t u ?
                he offered fight to other champs, but none of options was available coz various reasons, why should he stay at division w8ing and fighting bums while w8ing big fights...
                Thank you. Not getting the backlash. Some "boxing fans" seem to be on this site just to throw shade at everyone. Inoue wanted the unifications and was willing to fight to keep the weight off for them, but not wait around. They turned him down (not saying they were scared, but facts are facts) and so he moved up.

Wonder how many of these people claiming Inoue is running from a division are the same people critical of fighters like Trip G who want to clean a division out or critical of Terrance Crawford for sticking around to clean out a weak division.

Like I said.. some are here to just throw shade.

Comment

why are people talking about inoue like hes some destroyer whos he actually beat??? He is far from proven, his best win was an old man who donaire spanked when he was in his prime. Maybe people want to sound like boxing hipsters or something by hyping this guy up but as far as im concerned hes proven nothing...

Comment

Working...
                  X