Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why hasn't Deontay Wilder faced the following boxers in his pro career so far?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    Arreola wasnt decent when he faced him.
    He's a good 'name', in the sense that he was one of the top 10 heavyweight boxers and contenders. Even though the version that Wilder faced was the worst version of Arreola. But that's a common theme with Wilder because nearly every quality opponent he has faced, have been past their best and not in their primes.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      So you're judging him in this thread, yet saying "let's see how his career plays out" in another thread? That makes no sense. No objective person cares what Wilder says now, we all know it's just words and self promotion. But when you choose to challenge resumes, be prepared to have it countered by the FACTS of others resumes.
      Yes, I'm criticizing him for making extraordinary claims about himself before he himself has even finished his own career. That wouldn't have been the case, had he not been making those extraordinary claims about himself and just continued boxing. Had he done that, then I would only be evaluating him after he finished his career.

How does it make me not objective, if I criticize someone according to their own words, relative to their actions? You haven't answered that question yet!

If you're a professional athlete and famous, and if you say something in public, then be prepared to be scrutinized accordingly.

Claiming "it's just words and it's only done for promotional purposes" is your opinion. For all I know, Wilder could very well be serious with his claims. And more importantly, Wilder himself hasn't in anyway, hinted that his words are a joke and not serious. Until then, the default position is to assume that he is serious.

Bringing Vitali Klitschko into this discussion is a false equivalence fallacy. Because the reason behind why I'm criticizing Deontay Wilder, doesn't apply to Vitali Klitschko as Vitali isn't guilty of doing the same things that Wilder has (claiming to be a great and disrespecting past heavyweight champions).

Comment

• wilder is another manufactured titlist. he wont face any good because it was never part of the plan 4 him.

his one world class opponent was a man on the slide already, stiverne.

his next best win is ortiz, who would at 38 be a gatekeeper at best in another era.

that said, piovetkin would be an ok win, and he tried to fight him.

still, look at the comp - joshua? not much done, but if he unifies again it will be a different story. Parker? same again.

When/if someone steps it up, the new elite begins at hw that we not seen since lewis's time.
        Last edited by DreamFighter; 03-28-2018, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
          He's a good 'name', in the sense that he was one of the top 10 heavyweight boxers and contenders. Even though the version that Wilder faced was the worst version of Arreola. But that's a common theme with Wilder because nearly every quality opponent he has faced, have been past their best and not in their primes.
          Ortiz was past it?

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
            Ortiz was past it?
            - Had high blood pressure!

- Was inactive against top opponents for over a year.

- Wasn't allowed to take his blood pressure medication / PED.

- Was nearing age 40.

- His best performance against a top opponent was over 2 years ago.

Based on those info, you could make your own mind up as to whether he was past it or not.

Comment

In no PARTICULAR order:

1) Kubrat Pulev

2) Bryant Jennings

3) Wladimir Klitschko

4) Vitali Klitschko

5) Mariusz Wach

6) Jarrell Miller

7) Carlos Takam

8) Dillian Whyte

9) Dominic Brezeale

10) Andy Ruiz Jr

11) Tyson Fury

12) Hughie Fury

13) David Haye

14) Dereck Chisora

These are ALL the BEST heavyweight boxers available that were in the top 10 at some point during their careers. They are also the best available heavyweight boxers based on them having the best win/loss ratios out of their career records. Their resume is also the best with all of their opponent's win/loss ratio being the best.

So the excuse that no quality heavyweight exists for Deontay Wilder except 3 or 4 heavyweights to fight against is only that, an excuse, a myth and is totally false!

Even if we exclude the following 3 'drug cheats' who failed drug tests:

1) Alexander Povetkin

2) Luis Ortiz

3) Andrzej Wawrzyk

There are AT LEAST 14 other top quality opponents available for Deontay Wilder to face. What excuse does Wilder have of not facing them? That's right, NOTHING!

If the ABSOLUTE BEST POSSIBLE OPPONENTS like Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury are unavailable. Then he could face the next best available / possible opponents such as the boxers out of the list I mentioned. Instead, Wilder chooses to fight lower ranked opponents with inferior win/loss ratios out of their career records and with inferior resumes.

The only other decent opponents he has faced are:

1) Bermane Stiverne

2) Johan Duhapas

3) Chris Arreola

4) Gerald Washington

Out of the number of bouts he has had, that's a horrible resume / level of opposition he has faced for one of the TOP heavyweights in the world and for a heavyweight champion.

Deontay Wilder has been PROVEN to be a relatively UNPROVEN FRAUD!
              Because Wilder is a fraud and a duck. He will be protected till the end of his career. Look at all Wilder nuthuggers making excuses for him to run away from good fights. It's pathetic.

Comment

- Had high blood pressure!

- Was inactive against top opponents for over a year.

- Wasn't allowed to take his blood pressure medication / PED.

- Was nearing age 40.

- His best performance against a top opponent was over 2 years ago.

Based on those info, you could make your own mind up as to whether he was past it or not.
                Wow. He probably amazed you with his performance then?
                So a prime Ortiz would be better than prime Wilder?

Comment

• why didn't AJ fight Ortiz? the majority of the fighters on that list would have been called bums if he fought them

Comment

Yes, I'm criticizing him for making extraordinary claims about himself before he himself has even finished his own career. That wouldn't have been the case, had he not been making those extraordinary claims about himself and just continued boxing. Had he done that, then I would only be evaluating him after he finished his career.

How does it make me not objective, if I criticize someone according to their own words, relative to their actions? You haven't answered that question yet!

If you're a professional athlete and famous, and if you say something in public, then be prepared to be scrutinized accordingly.

Claiming "it's just words and it's only done for promotional purposes" is your opinion. For all I know, Wilder could very well be serious with his claims. And more importantly, Wilder himself hasn't in anyway, hinted that his words are a joke and not serious. Until then, the default position is to assume that he is serious.

Bringing Vitali Klitschko into this discussion is a false equivalence fallacy. Because the reason behind why I'm criticizing Deontay Wilder, doesn't apply to Vitali Klitschko as Vitali isn't guilty of doing the same things that Wilder has (claiming to be a great and disrespecting past heavyweight champions).
                    So you're arguing your opinion of his opposition is valid because of words he said that NO ONE in their right mind takes seriously, but you have a problem with an actual comparison of resumes with Klitschko , which is entirely valid, because he never ran his mouth? WOW......yeah, that makes a ton of sense!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                      So you're arguing your opinion of his opposition is valid because of words he said that NO ONE in their right mind takes seriously, but you have a problem with an actual comparison of resumes with Klitschko , which is entirely valid, because he never ran his mouth? WOW......yeah, that makes a ton of sense!!
                      Speak for yourself! You're not in a position to say if everyone else takes Wilder's words seriously.

I take Wilder's words seriously, because I have no reason not to. And based on that, I criticize his poor level of opposition.

I don't criticize Vitali Klitschko's resume, for the same reason why I don't criticize Hughie Fury's resume or Andy Ruiz Jr's resume. Because none of those guys are / were disrespecting past heavyweight greats and calling themselves greats, without even first proving to be the best of their own era.

The question is, why should I criticize Vitali Klitschko's resume?

The word objective means, holding everyone to the same standard and judging them by the same standard / rule. How is anything I've done so far, not objective? You haven't answered this question yet!

Comment

Working...
                      X