No announcement yet.

DBN plus Abel Sanchez- 40min interview of epic proportion! Wow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    Yeah I'm listening to the interview now, about 20 minutes in. I hope he doesn't have any say so in who GGG fights cause those Charlo excuses are garbage
    I don’t care for Charlo actually. But it would be funny, so far Abel is saying, regarding Charlo:

1.Doesn’t deserve it.
    2.Needs more fights.
    3. He needs to be a gentleman.
    4. Doesn’t care about Charlo.

Seems like the WBC belt has been a curse at Middleweight ever since Martinez had it.

Again, I don’t care for Charlo, what’s odd is Abel is complaining about judges as in plural. Second, said cash is more important than legacy. This is insane. Now we know the whole belt collection ordeal was fake. Abel is one strange dude. Telling people, he will ride with Gassiev hard now and ditch ggg

Comment

Really good interview props to both Abel and Dontae , listened to it a couple hours ago

Abel can say whatever he wants but the real reason he doesn't want that fight is because Gennady has a good chance of losing against Charlo because he knows Charlos the real deal

By the time that fight would happen Gennady will be 37-38 and on the decline and Charlos movement / power is all wrong for Gennady at that point and he'll be prime

That's why I've said if Gennady gets past Canelo

Fight Saunders see if he can get all the straps

Then fight a scrub in Kazakhstan as a farewell fight, then retire

He'd have nothing left to prove. He'd beaten all the top guys in his division have all the straps, broken B-hops record and can walk away on top

Comment

Charlo doesnt deserve it though. Wish some of these guys would actually work their way up for fights instead of expecting handouts. This charlo guy has never in his life fought anyone, but wants a payday? Fight jacobs, fight saunders, hell get lemiuex to put yourself nI the picture. work your way up to the top guys, otherwise he's got less priority than saunders and jacobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Loma#1 View Post
          I don’t care for Charlo actually. But it would be funny, so far Abel is saying, regarding Charlo:

1.Doesn’t deserve it.
          2.Needs more fights.
          3. He needs to be a gentleman.
          4. Doesn’t care about Charlo.

Seems like the WBC belt has been a curse at Middleweight ever since Martinez had it.

Again, I don’t care for Charlo, what’s odd is Abel is complaining about judges as in plural. Second, said cash is more important than legacy. This is insane. Now we know the whole belt collection ordeal was fake. Abel is one strange dude. Telling people, he will ride with Gassiev hard now and ditch ggg
          It was the judge(s) Byrds card was a disgrace and if the other judge had given the 7th which even Byrd gave to Gennady he'd have won that fight

And cash is more important then legacy. The collecting all the belts was only partially true if they could do that great but the bigger $ fights for Gennady down the road were the guys moving up in weight ( Cotto,Canelo ) and they finally got the Canelo fight and now a rematch. It's the same reason they'd be open to fight Chavez and Froch. Ward would have been a great legacy fight but it was high risk and wouldn't bring anywhere near the $ as the other 4 names mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
            Really good interview props to both Abel and Dontae , listened to it a couple hours ago

Abel can say whatever he wants but the real reason he doesn't want that fight is because Gennady has a good chance of losing against Charlo because he knows Charlos the real deal

By the time that fight would happen Gennady will be 37-38 and on the decline and Charlos movement / power is all wrong for Gennady at that point and he'll be prime

That's why I've said if Gennady gets past Canelo

Fight Saunders see if he can get all the straps

Then fight a scrub in Kazakhstan as a farewell fight, then retire

He'd have nothing left to prove. He'd beaten all the top guys in his division have all the straps, broken B-hops record and can walk away on top
            Triple Gee isn’t 36 yet. WBC mando, assuming Triple wins in may, is a whole 2018 WBC schedule. 36 in 2018

Here’s what I don’t understand. Why does the WBC still rank Bummelo? Alvarez wants no part of the WBC. If Bummelo beats Golovkin, why do people assume he keeps the WBC belt?

Sanchez in this interview spilled the beans in how much BJS has been pricing himself out. Surely Oscar puts Loeffler in the loop about the WBO regarding all parties, or, Abel knows the numbers per minor negotiations with bJS and previous WBO unifications. Maybe Saunders did ask K2 for 7 -8 million which K2 doesn’t have.

It might be that if when Bummelo beats Triple Gee, WBO unification might not even happen, with Bummelo only keeping the WBA and IBF. The common fighters that Bummelo would face per the relationship of HBO are Jacobs and Andrade.
            Last edited by Morrie ATG; 02-11-2018, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
              Charlo doesnt deserve it though. Wish some of these guys would actually work their way up for fights instead of expecting handouts. This charlo guy has never in his life fought anyone, but wants a payday? Fight jacobs, fight saunders, hell get lemiuex to put yourself nI the picture. work your way up to the top guys, otherwise he's got less priority than saunders and jacobs.
              Charlo definitely deserves a shot against Gennady

He got a strap at 154 proved to be no worse then the second best at that weight and now he'll probably beat 2 guys to be the Mando

Right now he's a top 5 MW even with only 1 fight at MW and if given the opportunity would probably beat Canelo,Jacobs, Saunders ( the guys ranked above him ) if he fought them right now

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                Charlo definitely deserves a shot against Gennady

He got a strap at 154 proved to be no worse then the second best at that weight and now he'll probably beat 2 guys to be the Mando

Right now he's a top 5 MW even with only 1 fight at MW and if given the opportunity would probably beat Canelo,Jacobs, Saunders ( the guys ranked above him ) if he fought them right now
                I think the tad shorter Jermell - KO over Jackson, is more proven than Jermall fighting an out of prime Trout, Heilland, or Williams.

Jermall is big, but he hasn’t fought an elite at 160 with dangerous power.

Comment

Triple Gee isn’t 36 yet. WBC mando, assuming Triple wins in may, is a whole 2018 WBC schedule. 36 in 2018

Here’s what I don’t understand. Why does the WBC still rank Bummelo? Alvarez wants no part of the WBC. If Bummelo beats Golovkin, why do people assume he keeps the WBC belt?

Sanchez in this interview spilled the beans in how much BJS has been pricing himself out. Surely Oscar puts Loeffler in the loop about the WBO regarding all parties, or, Abel knows the numbers per minor negotiations with bJS and previous WBO unifications. Maybe Saunders did ask K2 for 7 -8 million which K2 doesn’t have.

It might be that if when Bummelo beats Triple Gee, WBO unification might not even happen, with Bummelo only keeping the WBA and IBF. The common fighters that Bummelo would face per the relationship of HBO are Jacobs and Andrade.
                  He'll be 36 when he fights in May and if he fights Saunders next ( if he wins) that'll be in the late summer early fall. Even if he fought Charlo after that sometime in early 2019 at the earliest he'd be pushing 37.

I have no idea why WBC would still rate Canelo probably hoping Canelo will eventually bury the hatchet and fight for their organization because he brings the $ in and him having their strap would boost their brand

Abel said Saunders was pricing himself out against Jacobs when Saunders said he wanted 6-7 million to fight Jacobs. I don't ever him recalling Saunders mentioning a $ figure for Canelo ( I might be wrong ) and it makes sense why would he give up his golden ticket ( his strap ) which is the only remaining piece that Gennady or Canelo would need to get all 4 and it'll be a big $ fight. Why would he fight Jacobs who has a good chance to beat him and give that up before he can cash in

It's the same reason Jacobs is fighting scrubs he's just waiting for either the Gennady or Canelo payday hoping one of them picks him after they get through each other

Comment

I think the tad shorter Jermell - KO over Jackson, is more proven than Jermall fighting an out of prime Trout, Heilland, or Williams.

I think him beating K-9 for his strap in impressive fashion, beating a former champ in Trout who was a top 5-7 guy in the division when he fought him and beating the sh.it out of J-rock who everyone was hyping as the second coming proved he was the no worse then 2nd in the division

And Him beating the brakes off Heilland even with 1 leg. The guy who a couple years ago thought was a worthy competitor for Gennady have shown that he's earned his position

Comment

Really ? All this shet and Still No Link ?

Comment

Working...
                      X