Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Parker's Coach: Team Joshua is Worried, Needed Rematch Clause

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
    Well the thing is do we really know how well Parker takes a shot? He's never been hit with anything remotely close to a Klitschko bomb.We know AJ can dig deep though he's far from invincible. We know very little about Parker in a real fight.
    And that is probably what is behind the rematch clause. Despite looking rubbish in his last few fights it could be that Joseph is better than a lot of people thinks, that he has the night of his life, captures lightening in a bottle and manages to pull the upset. Eddie Hearn is just adding a little insurance policy into the fight should that scenario occur doing what any sensible promoter would do.

Comment

Talk, talk, talk. Parker's camp must be who's worried, they are the ones trying to convince everyone that this will be easy work for him. Get Parker some motivational tapes too.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
        Get Parker some motivational tapes too.
        Got any good ones you can reccommend?

Comment

It's standard procedure to have a rematch clause.. If there wasn't one, you'd really have to wonder if Eddie Hearn is a good promoter let alone the best promoter.

But the fact that they agreed Parker will get a get more than AJ in the rematch shows they are confident in winning otherwise they wouldn't have agreed to give Parker more in a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
            I'd wager that Klitschko is a big difference in the two, being that Joshua was in against someone of a similar level in size power and skill, and it was a war where Joshua had to dig deep. This is a big experience edge all on its own where Parker hasn't been to such depths. Even in the Whyte fight AJ was tested to a degree against an ambitious fighter in a big domestic grudge match. We've never seen that in Parker, who hadn't had to call on himself in that way. As for Takam, he pushed Parker quite close, whereas he was shut out by Joshua. Parker is the one stepping up to a level he's never been to before here.
            I agree Klitschko is the one defining opponent which sets them apart but it also shows when AJ took the step up to better class in Klitschko he got exposed it also shows against Klitschko and Whyte he has a suspect jaw which is what Parker has stated. I agree Parker has noto had the test yet how he will stand up if his in a similar position so this is the time for us to find out. The point I'm trying to make is all Joshua fans think AJ just has to turn up and he wins, I tend to differ. Another thing to bare in mind is that The glass jaw comments has gotten to AJ and has the mind games worked for Parker we will see, I am going out on a limb here where I think the upset of the year is on the cards, but we will see on fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
              It's standard procedure to have a rematch clause.. If there wasn't one, you'd really have to wonder if Eddie Hearn is a good promoter let alone the best promoter.

But the fact that they agreed Parker will get a get more than AJ in the rematch shows they are confident in winning otherwise they wouldn't have agreed to give Parker more in a rematch.
              They wouldn't have had much of a choice if they didn't have any belts. Most of their leverage would have been gone.

Which is why fast Eddie would have wanted a large percentage for a rematch before signing the first fight contract.

I'd say they would have wanted 50/50 from a rematch and higgins woulda said 'but you got no belts and are just an ordinary challenger'

If Parker wins and AJ gets a rematch. Parker will insist on a rematch also from being the strap holder.

There may be the makings of a trilogy here...

And somehow I doubt windmill needs or stipulates rematch clauses cos he actually believes his own hype!

Comment

Originally posted by pollywog View Post
                Got any good ones you can reccommend?
                I don't need them. I self-motivate, skippy.

Comment

Maybe they have the rematch clause in their cause everytime you step in the ring the opposition has atleast a punchers chance of getting the v. So if Parker gets lucky he will have to prove it wasnt a fluke.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                    Maybe they have the rematch clause in their cause everytime you step in the ring the opposition has atleast a punchers chance of getting the v. So if Parker gets lucky he will have to prove it wasnt a fluke.
                    Gets lucky ?

Like you mean proves the giant robots jaw is even glassier then what we already know and that AJ has admitted to ?

So when AJ gets knocked out he should get a second chance to get knocked out again ?

easy money!

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                      I don't need them. I self-motivate, skippy.
                      Is that code for, jerk off in the shower, champ?

Comment

Working...
                      X