Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beltran: Lomachenko Is Not God; Once I'm Champ, I'll Fight Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    Oh I completely agree with you! I was just saying that it was bull**** that's how things are perceived these days. These "new fans" or "casuals" will look at Larry Holmes record and think "what a bum, look at those losses" meanwhile he was the most dominant HW for over a decade, and those losses to Spinks were BS

It's why I give Lomo so much props, sure he's 10-1 but the guy challenged for a world title in his second pro fight. He hasn't been padding his record, he's been fighting the best guys that will fight him.
    Yeah, it's crazy to me. These same fans are the ones that try and poke fun and laugh at the old school fighters and just write them off and accuse people of overrating them for various reasons.

Good point on Holmes. People are trying to re-write histories now and I've never seen the careers of fighters like Holmes or Leonard re-examined until recently. Another one is Holyifled who I've seen people write off as not a great heavyweight because of the losses he suffered and the Bowe series.

I hope it phases out and more new Boxing fans are like UFC fans in that they see a loss for what it is and not a career ending event. That's the only thing I like about UFC fans. They accept it as part of the sport. If you fight the best available and seek those fights then everyone gets to play and more greatness is established by the fighter and other fighters and then we get better fights, rivalries. It sucks too many fighters protecting their "0" and marinating matches, freezing out other fighters, fighting to many soft touches when other fights are available.

Mayweather for example fought half of his career basically defending a lead (fighting to retire unbeaten was the #1 priority outside of $) hence why his fights were duds and he never fought a great fighter in his prime despite being the biggest shot caller in the sport during that time. He was a great fighter and he did it differently to others but it was a largely dull career in the ring. Most great fighters fight their careers chasing greatness and the best available fights but that's harder to find these days with the exception of the Eastern European guys who don't play the promotional game the way they do here or the U.K.
    Last edited by chrisJS; 02-09-2018, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      Yeah, it's crazy to me. These same fans are the ones that try and poke fun and laugh at the old school fighters and just write them off and accuse people of overrating them for various reasons.

Good point on Holmes. People are trying to re-write histories now and I've never seen the careers of fighters like Holmes or Leonard re-examined until recently. Another one is Holyifled who I've seen people write off as not a great heavyweight because of the losses he suffered and the Bowe series.

I hope it phases out and more new Boxing fans are like UFC fans in that they see a loss for what it is and not a career ending event. That's the only thing I like about UFC fans. They accept it as part of the sport. If you fight the best available and seek those fights then everyone gets to play and more greatness is established by the fighter and other fighters and then we get better fights, rivalries. It sucks too many fighters protecting their "0" and marinating matches, freezing out other fighters, fighting to many soft touches when other fights are available.

Mayweather for example fought half of his career basically defending a lead (fighting to retire unbeaten was the #1 priority outside of $) hence why his fights were duds and he never fought a great fighter in his prime despite being the biggest shot caller in the sport during that time. He was a great fighter and he did it differently to others but it was a largely dull career in the ring. Most great fighters fight their careers chasing greatness and the best available fights but that's harder to find these days with the exception of the Eastern European guys who don't play the promotional game the way they do here or the U.K.
      I've always hated Holyfield, but Ill give him credit, he was great. My reasons for hating him were for being a steroid cheat and an overall dirty fighter...and he didn't have to be dirty because he was great.

It's funny how nobody really suspected any PED's back then. I was watching Holyfield/Bowe III the other night, and the announcers mentioned how hard Holyfield had trained and that he had gained 15lbs between the second and third fight. How did nobody find that suspicious?

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
        So Pac is a cherry pick for Loma but not for Crawford?
        I'm starting to see this a lot. People that wanted Crawford-Pacquiao are calling Loma-Pac a cherry pick, but it is perfectly fine for Crawford doe...

So let's get this straight, a guy who is a Champion in Loma's weight class, Berchelt, would be considered a cherry pick for Loma? And a guy who was a Champion, and is older than Canelo was when he fought Floyd, is considered a cherry pick for Loma?
        Loma has yet to fight at 135 and two of the Champions, well one Champion and another a potential Champ, Easter and Beltran are cherry picks. I've never seen anything like this!
        Was Beltran a cherry pick for Crawford. I clearly remember people praising Terence for that win and even sealed Fighter of the Year for him.

Were Postol or Indongo cherry picks? Because they haven't done anything great.

Crawford has only fought on the road once. Loma fights on the road all the time. He isn't from the USA and he is fighting American fighters in the USA!
        Usyk has traveled multiple times already. Crawford does it once and we are supposed to be amazed by that?

Loma has defeated multiple undefeated fighters already as well.

Loma has called out Mikey and Linares so...
        I mean, if you're going to give Crawford credit for just calling out Spence then Loma should also get credit.
        if you read between the lines, you can clearly smell bait trails.. all racial

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
          There is no bullsh!+, only bullsh!+ here is you!

No agenda, just facts and you can't refute not one of them!!

I hope Beltran fights Lemonchenko just like Salido did with more bullying involved!

Loma does dirty moves in the ring and I hope Beltran pays him in kind with megamind headbutts, punch follow thru with elbows, low blows...ahhh i can't even do it!

What type of boxing fan really wishes another fighter fights dirty intentionally to end up killing them?

No YOUR THE TROLL!

If/when Mikey fights Loma are you willing to bet your account that Loma gets beat and knocked out!?

Come on, don't b!+ch up now you hoe!

It would be a service to all real boxing fans on here to rid you off this site for good!

Comment

Loma had a terrible list of opponents last year. He shouldve stayed to clean out 130 w berchelt nd davis. Then Linares no more in house bull**** from tr.

Comment

7 losses looooool I will take all Beltran action easy $$$$$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                T

Yup!!! And Salido deserved the win he got on Loma. Everyone brings up the low blows yet no one seems to remember all the Clinching and arm tearing Loma did...
                Was Salido released on parole from Mexican prison and back from the retirement? Any news? I know you follow him closely.

Comment

man hbo really really keep squeezing the **** out of beltrans story.. i thought this mfker already secured his green card 2-3 fights ago??

if he has to beat loma to stay here tho... sorry ray, but...

Comment

Originally posted by chubuk7 View Post
                    Was Salido released on parole from Mexican prison and back from the retirement? Any news? I know you follow him closely.
                    He paid some $$$ and is out. I expect him tofight again because thats all he know how to do.

Comment

Originally posted by KING5TWENTY View Post
                      Loma had a terrible list of opponents last year. He shouldve stayed to clean out 130 w berchelt nd davis. Then Linares no more in house bull**** from tr.
                      Davis wont fight him. Floyd even said it himself so you cant hate on Loma for that.

Comment

Working...
                      X