Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better Fighter in History -- Roy Jones Or Floyd Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
      Floyd: 130, 135, 140, 147, 154. vs John Ruiz? LOL

Floyd is T.B.E.
      *************** naw...

Comment

may had the better resume.

Comment

I remember I watched a video where Nazeem Richardson broke down why Floyd and B Hop were greater than Roy. He said that because even when they had lost a step they were still able to compete and win fights at the elite level because they truly knew how to "fight."

Nazeem said when Roy slowed down a lot of the holes in his game were exposed. The guy couldn't slip a punch properly, couldn't catch a punch properly or counter properly. Which explains why he's been knocked out so many times in his twilight years.

Floyd is the better boxer and has the greater legacy.

Comment

in 75 fights for Roy Has a record of 22-3 (14 KOs) in world title fights.
            Has a record of 19-9 (8 KOs) against former, current and future world titlists.

In 50 fights for Mayweather-Has a record of 26-0 (10 KO) in world title fights.
            Has a record of 23-0 (9 KO) in lineal title fights.
            Has a record of 24-0 (7 KO) against former or current world titlists:

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
              Roy Jones Jr is the greatest fighter of this generation.
              what generation?? they were from to different ones

Comment

The answer is Floyd. You can split his career in half, and still have two HOF careers.

Comment

its amazing how the same ppl that rip floyds resume apart dont give jones the same treatment. well let me give roy equal love..

hopkins was NOT prime in 1993.

toney was weight drained (lost 46lbs in SIX WEEKS.)

ruiz was the sorriest heavyweight in the division.

mccalum was a damn fossil.

the first griffin fight proves prime roy was not unbeatable. he was ALWAYS trash fighting off the ropes. john "the beast" mugabi would crack roys glass chin at 160.

mediocre tarver executed the blueprint that griffin laid out. but tarver is given zero credit because of roys "massive weight loss". he dropped 15-18 lbs in EIGHT MONTHS. he weighed in 175 for tarver and was 185 fight night. not drained.

in rematch roy looks great round one then gets iced in round two. still tarver gets no props.

if we give tarver zero credit because of roys weight issues then why give roy full credit for beating toney?

knocked out cold by journeyman glen johnson. again with the montell griffin blueprint.

from 2004 - 2018 roy was essentially a journeyman/bum.
                  from 1993-2003 he was supposedly the best ever.

10 years on top (with a weak resume)
                  14 years at the bottom of the barrell.

📌📌📌📌📌📌📌📌📌
                  this post is just to prove how effortless it is to take ANY career and rip it to to shreds. if you agree with most or all of it then why haven't YOU posted this before?

Comment

Roy Jones was better. Jones was "Fighter Of The Decade" like Pacquiao

floyd was "Fraud Of the Decades", ducking and cherrypicking

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                      The likes of Muniz, Chiaverini, Ranzany, Kayule, Shields, Lalonde were certainly good fighters. Not great.

But he did fight four absolute all-time greats in Benitez, Hearns, Duran, Hagler so I think that trumps quantity especially given the timing of those matches.

Floyd fought two great fighters - Marquez and Pacquaio. Marquez came up too far in weight and was considered a useless mismatch coming in (just moved up two weights and then moved up two more i.e they were 4 or 5 weight classes apart just 2-3 fights prior) and Pacquaio who was washed up and in your opinion a garbage fighter anyway so Floyd really didn't have a great win or fight a great fighter. That counts. A LOT.

I notice you only post in threads sucking off your celeb crush and bashing white fighters. That doesn't get boring?
                      You leaving out the fact that Floyd was usually the smaller fighter in a lot of fights & didn't have the physical attributes other fighters have. #48 was good but not as great as everyone makes him out to be & the same goes with these old fighters. You notice I post on certain threads cuz I jump on the Bull**** going on in social media & you think its "white fighters"? Don't be mad at me that fighters like lil g gets all the fake praise. Doesn't supporting hyped fighters get boring for you especially since they hype ones always end up losing?

Comment

Working...
                      X