Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eubank: I Hurt Groves in Sparring, No Way He Goes The Distance!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
    The footage is already out there.

Eubank went punch for punch against him despite being the lighter man.

Froch himself claims he hit him with his hardest shots and Jr didn't flinch.
    There's only a bit of footage. But eubank may think he was superior to frich but isn't letting on about it

Comment

More tales of Sparring domination from team Eubank...

He is the unified, lineal and P4P World Champion of sparring in his Brighton basement.

An ATG & HoF Sparring legend if you like.

He has also beaten a 38 year old Arthur Abraham...be warned.

Comment

think groves decisions him

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
          Yeah I can’t wait for it, I’m going to this fight as well so that’s why I’m so hyped. I’m picking Groves by decision ATM but I’ve been flip flopping all week. I can genuinely see any outcome in this fight which is why I think it’s so interesting. I’m still not totally sold on Eubank but a win over Groves would legitimise him as a top fighter at 168.
          Yea I agree the winner is really #1 now.Might be jumping gun on JR but if he beat Groves who else can you put ahead of him?Of course this all due to Dagale just not even showing up vs my homie Truax.Its a fight that does have some different possible outcomes.

Comment

Sparring is just that, sparring. Doesn’t mean much when the bright lights come on. I keep switching between the two. I wanna see the weigh in before I decide! May the best mate win! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
              Yea I agree the winner is really #1 now.Might be jumping gun on JR but if he beat Groves who else can you put ahead of him?Of course this all due to Dagale just not even showing up vs my homie Truax.Its a fight that does have some different possible outcomes.
              The closer it’s getting the more I’m favouring Groves, a couple of guys who’s opinions I value are telling me that’s it’s going to be an easy fight for Groves.
              I can’t see that though tbh I think it’s a close fight but I think the size element plus the better boxing skills possessed will allow Groves to win a tight decision.
              I agree the winner is definitely #1 also. I rate Ramirez but he doesn’t have the resume to make that claim yet.

Comment

The closer it’s getting the more I’m favouring Groves, a couple of guys who’s opinions I value are telling me that’s it’s going to be an easy fight for Groves.
                I can’t see that though tbh I think it’s a close fight but I think the size element plus the better boxing skills possessed will allow Groves to win a tight decision.
                I agree the winner is definitely #1 also. I rate Ramirez but he doesn’t have the resume to make that claim yet.
                I like Benvanedez over Ramirez.Ramirez is solid,decent punch,good chin, but his D and speed don't impress me.And the things he can do he is not great at.I really see him like a tough mid top ten kinda guy.Now he prob should be rated higher RIGHT NOW but when the dust is settled I think that's where he will stand.Really I see the kid having a better upside.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
                  I like Benvanedez over Ramirez.Ramirez is solid,decent punch,good chin, but his D and speed don't impress me.And the things he can do he is not great at.I really see him like a tough mid top ten kinda guy.Now he prob should be rated higher RIGHT NOW but when the dust is settled I think that's where he will stand.Really I see the kid having a better upside.
                  I’m not sold on Benavidez at all tbh, I thought Gavril was robbed in the first fight, he may of had an off night but Gavril is the type of fighter you deal with comfortably if you’re world class.
                  I think Ramirez is a guy that kind of fights to the level of his opposition, he impressed me vs Abraham, but has been quite underwhelming since. I think you’re right regarding his speed, he seems very one paced.

Comment

I’m not sold on Benavidez at all tbh, I thought Gavril was robbed in the first fight, he may of had an off night but Gavril is the type of fighter you deal with comfortably if you’re world class.
                    I think Ramirez is a guy that kind of fights to the level of his opposition, he impressed me vs Abraham, but has been quite underwhelming since. I think you’re right regarding his speed, he seems very one paced.
                    I thought Benavidez won the Gavril fight even with the last round I had him winning close but clear.It was not his best performance but he is still 20-1 years old.Id like to see the 2 of them fight it would be good match up.I think Benavidez would beat him by dec.Ramirez has a good chin I believe.

Comment

I'm a Eubank Jr fan and I like Groves.

I'd be surprised if this fight is even competitive. I don't think George Groves has much left at all (the Froch fights had taken a big junk out of him) and is now a KO away from retirement. (I predicted that for DeGale too. Poor DeGale!) I hope George proves me wrong.

Eubank Jr by KO in 8 rounds or less.

War Chris!
                      Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 02-10-2018, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X