Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Joshua is Not Worldwide, Nobody Knows His Name in U.S.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wilder: Joshua is Not Worldwide, Nobody Knows His Name in U.S.

WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder (39-0, 38 KOs) believes IBF, IBO, WBA world champion Anthony Joshua (20-0, 20 KOs) is basically an unknown commodity in the United States. Both champions are in training for scheduled defenses coming up next month.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Nobody knows Deontay Wilder in the U.S. either LOL

Comment

Wilder: "Joshua is Not Worldwide, Nobody Knows His Name in U.S."

Same thing applies to you doe, Deontay.

Comment

How dumb Deontay Wilder is? This guys has done nothing but beating bum since he's champion and he keep talking crap about AJ... Come on man, you're such jealous and a crybaby. Stop talking about AJ ; You have a big task ahead of you.
        Really hope Ortiz put him to sleep. I just can't stand idiot like him who claimed idiocy thing like 'I'd beat a prime Ali'... Karma will get to you.

Comment

Yep, keep overlooking Ortiz....

Comment

Originally posted by gspm23 View Post
            How dumb Deontay Wilder is? This guys has done nothing but beating bum since he's champion and he keep talking crap about AJ... Come on man, you're such jealous and a crybaby. Stop talking about AJ ; You have a big task ahead of you.
            Really hope Ortiz put him to sleep. I just can't stand idiot like him who claimed idiocy thing like 'I'd beat a prime Ali'... Karma will get to you.
            I hope too that 50 year old Ortiz KOs Wilder cold and ends the hype.

Comment

Wilder is likely more popular in the UK than the US to casuals too. But his popularity is starting to increase stateside. A KO of Ortiz will go a long way.

He'll will likely register Showtime's highest viewership since the "free trial" era in a few weeks. I'm still shocked by his ratings for Stiverne II. That number was the second highest of 2017 at 887,000, second only to Garcia-Broner at 937,000. So people are tuning in for him.

Comment

(in the streets of new york) do you know deontay wilder? deon who?!
                Last edited by Andre_parker1; 02-07-2018, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
                  Nobody knows Deontay Wilder in the U.S. either LOL
                  Wilder has defended his world championship on free network TV multiple times, garnering millions of viewers.

Wilder stars in a very popular cable TV reality show.

Wilder is clearly far more well known in this country than AJ is. Just as AJ is far more well known in his country.

The idea that nobody knows Wilder in the US is pretty silly considering his history as a strong ratings draw. Wilder's knockout of Stiverne went viral and helped make him far more well known as well.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                    Wilder has defended his world championship on free network TV multiple times, garnering millions of viewers.

Wilder stars in a very popular cable TV reality show.

Wilder is clearly far more well known in this country than AJ is. Just as AJ is far more well known in his country.

The idea that nobody knows Wilder in the US is pretty silly considering his history as a strong ratings draw. Wilder's knockout of Stiverne went viral and helped make him far more well known as well.
                    Eddie Hearn asked random people in NYC who Deontay Wilder is and nobody knew it.

Comment

Working...
                    X