was joe calzaghe one of the best british boxers ever in your opinion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• was joe calzaghe one of the best british boxers ever in your opinion

did you enjoy his fights?

I always liked watching Joe and yes, he's one of the best British fighters ever.

Comment

Yeah absolutely but people always like to make excuses for his wins

Comment

Massively overrated by us brits stayed in his comfort zone since a win over past prime eubank Sr and didn't test himself until mid 30's and feasted on another two past prime legends in Hopkins and Jones Jr. Calzaghe had a great engine and good attributes but not the confidence to test himself and therefore stagnated at a just below world level throughout his career and in my opinion froch would have beat him hence the fight never materialising. I hold froch in higher esteem. Based on merit and willingness to fight everyone on or off home soil

Comment

I think Jimmy Wile is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Switch Hitter93 View Post
            Massively overrated by us brits stayed in his comfort zone since a win over past prime eubank Sr and didn't test himself until mid 30's and feasted on another two past prime legends in Hopkins and Jones Jr. Calzaghe had a great engine and good attributes but not the confidence to test himself and therefore stagnated at a just below world level throughout his career and in my opinion froch would have beat him hence the fight never materialising. I hold froch in higher esteem. Based on merit and willingness to fight everyone on or off home soil
            Are you forgetting his performances against Lacy and a prime undefeated Kessler?
            Lol, Froch is tailor made for Joe, Carl would get dominated

Comment

Originally posted by Switch Hitter93 View Post
              What da fack, Froch doesn't even look like a boxer compared to Calzaghe. Some of his uppercuts were well timed, yes but Froch really wasn't a technical boxer. He lived off his physical and mental strength, size, power and chin.

People like him, I get that and I liked watching him, but he certainly isn't one to mention when you think of "best British boxers".

Calzaghe was great.

Comment

One of the best fighters ever, regardless of nationality and this coming from a guy who was never a fan of his.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUntouchable View Post
                  What da fack, Froch doesn't even look like a boxer compared to Calzaghe. Some of his uppercuts were well timed, yes but Froch really wasn't a technical boxer. He lived off his physical and mental strength, size, power and chin.

People like him, I get that and I liked watching him, but he certainly isn't one to mention when you think of "best British boxers".

Calzaghe was great.
                  It would depend on hos far the best of british list stretched, 20, 30 fighters? Then Froch makes it in. top 10-15? No.

Comment

Definitely. Very underrated fighter who always found a way to win. The best british fighter of all time. Some say lewis is but I've never classed him as british because he represented canada in the Olympics.

Comment

Working...
                    X