winner of usyk vs gassiev P4P #1?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. Maybe in the top 3 P4P, but not #1.

Comment

I think we are forgeting the other wbss branch. Let's wait the other semis to give numbers

Comment

Lol not even close.

Comment

I thought Usyk was already been bottom half of the list anyway. But a win against Gassiev after beating Briedis adds a hell of a lot to his resume.
          Similarly for Gassiev if he beats Usyk after his win over Dorticos.

I'd say top 5 for sure.

Comment

Canelo vs Golovkin II winner.

And will be better than they the winner of the Estrada vs Sor Rungvisai.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
              Man usyk is p4p right now but #1 is based on popularity
              what do u mean. neither crawford nor loma are big draws.

Comment

Depends on your ranking criteria for pound for pound. Resume there's an argument but I think clearly the two best fighters in the game are Crawford and Lomachenko. The term pound for pound is if all men were the same size who's the best. Neither Usyk or Gassiev are on Crawford or Loma's level IMO.

Comment

Still don't see how Lomachenko for instance has a better resume than Usyk if Usyk wins the tourney. P4P lists have always been, will continue to always be, and ARE nothing but a popularity contest.

If fighters are unknown, then they are bums - that's why it pays to have someone like Eddie Hearn or Bob Arum who is friends with a lot of the media and can promote you and give the impression that a fighter is royalty, both in and out of the ring.

If Usyk wins he has beaten multiple undefeated champions in their prime, in their backyard, and has completely unified a division and has basically cleaned it out entirely - all while remaining undefeated himself, and a gold medal Olympian.

Comment

We need more of these compititions so the best of the divisions fight each other within a limited time frame. It would def make it easier and more apparent to who p4p should be.

Comment

Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post

winner is first ever undisputed at cruiserweight in the four belt era.

both have beaten prime opponents to get to this final.

where do u rank the winner on a P4P list?

and i just found out gassiev is 24 yrs old. mofo looks at least 32. damn man if he wins wouldn't he be the youngest undisputed champ since tyson? holyfield was 25 when he did it at cruiser.
                      I don't think they should be number one, but if they're not in the list, it's a crime. I'd say around five. Yes, and Lebedev is ready to fight the winner and since he holds the super WBA title (such BS), then if they fought, the winner would have won every single belt, including both WBA belts, the IBF, WBC, WBO and the RING title. Even Bhop didn't have to win the WBA twice. It's crazy what they put these guys through to unify these days.

Comment

Working...
                      X