No announcement yet.

mikey bitter Loma about to take his fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
    Turns down the fight, schedules another fight and expects the first guy to wait for him.. I don't get it
    Quite the issue, isn’t it? This sense of entitlement that some fighters feel about themselves and their status...no one is truly above their station unless you manage to become the face of the game; until then you can’t have this type of attitude and self entitlement. Would be a great fight but if you schedule yourself something else then don’t complain when the other chess pieces move around the board around you

Comment

Originally posted by SthPaw View Post
      Quite the issue, isn’t it? This sense of entitlement that some fighters feel about themselves and their status...no one is truly above their station unless you manage to become the face of the game; until then you can’t have this type of attitude and self entitlement. Would be a great fight but if you schedule yourself something else then don’t complain when the other chess pieces move around the board around you
      Yeah, I mean the really good managers/promoters would have the Linares/Mikey fight worked out in a deal down the road before they even took different fights.

But he didn't have anything locked in and assumed everything would wait for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Loma#1 View Post
        Is it possible for GBP and Top Rank to have a Linares vs Vassil on the Canelo vs Golovkin undercard? Surely Arum wouldn’t contest the revenue and rather gain off the exposure toward Vassil. Or would ESPN not allow it?
        I thought about that too actually because Linares is Golden boy and the biggest fight of the year would have an awesome undercard with Linares vs. Lomachenko.

Comment

Comment

Turns down the fight, schedules another fight and expects the first guy to wait for him.. I don't get it
            Garcia seems to believe his own hype . . . .

No promoter so waiting for people to come to him etc.

Linares will fight him, if Garcia wants the fight he needs to start negotiating

Comment

Mikey thinks he is bigger then boxing !! Should've but didn't cause he thinks his the new money may !! Nothing but an ego trip he became in the last 2 years !!

Comment

What's not to get, it's typical entitlement mentality.

Comment

i tend to believe whatever lomo says.. to me he is extremely confident in his abilities and actually wants to prove he is the best there is. i have a hard time believing mikey when he has fought all nobodies through his entire career. lomo fought for a world title in his 2nd pro bout. we wanted to see him vs gary russell, so he fought and whooped russells ass.. then everyone wanted to see him fight rigo and he went and made rigo quit. everyone wants to see him fight garcia and we are supposed to believe mikey over lomo??? awww hellll nah!!! mikey needs to step the fuh up and start fighting the big names. broner is his biggest win for crying out loud!! as a matter of fact, im going on his ig right now to put him on blast!!

Comment

Everyone wants Linares, he's easy pickings.

Comment

Garcia had a chance but he let it go. Now Loma is going to break Linares down and stop him.....he'll be a star after beating Linares down.

Comment

Working...
                      X