Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dorticos-Gassiev For Full WBA Belt, Lebedev is 'Champion in Recess'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    Thanks for the link! Do you think he'll beat Dorticos?
    If it goes to the judges then likely Gassiev wins. Dorticos has only a puncherīs chance or he has to at least drop Gassiev if it gets close on points.

Comment

So, Dorticos was upgraded to super champ instead of the regular champ? And they will crown another regular champ again? lol

WBA apparently doesnt want to get rid of the Super titles anymore.

They just recently upgraded taguchi for no reason to super champ and scheduled Canziales Vs Konichi for the vacant regular.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
        Interesting, Lebedev has been one of my favorite fighters of the decade and I think there's been a short stretch or 2 where he has been the best cruiserweight in the world. But the division is passing him by, he's up there in age and at a big size disadvantage against this new, young crop of cruisers. He'll probably go for one last big fight but I doubt it will end well. Would like to see him drag Ckakhkiev into the ring (if they aren't friends) for one last hurrah and then retire or some other form of a final, winnable fight to ride off into the Russian sunset.
        Who you got for Dorticos-Gassiev?

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
          Who you got for Dorticos-Gassiev?
          Waiting to see the weigh-in, but I'm leaning against the grain towards Dorticos right now

Comment

Waiting to see the weigh-in, but I'm leaning against the grain towards Dorticos right now
            It's a toss up for me too.

Not to be annoying but what knew will you learn from seeing the weigh-in?

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
              It's a toss up for me too.

Not to be annoying but what knew will you learn from seeing the weigh-in?
              Want to see how good of shape Dorticos is in, I'm concerned about Gassiev pounding his potentially soft body

Comment

Want to see how good of shape Dorticos is in, I'm concerned about Gassiev pounding his potentially soft body
                If Gassiev takes Dorticosīs best punches then the fight is over. Gassiev wins it likely by stoppage then.But who knows maybe it becomes the fight of the year in a total war when both fighters get dropped.

Comment

I hope the winner stays at the weight as there are options for them. Lebedev wouldn't be the #1 choice but wouldn't be a terrible one either. Some had him beating Gassiev. Ideally though he'd have faced someone worthwhile since 2016 rather than just getting older.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
                    The first time there will be an Undisputed Cruiserweight World Champ. Holyfield & Haye won "just" 3 World titles.

The WBO belt didnt even exist in the cruiserweight division when Holyfield was undisputed.

Comment

Gassiev would be a fool to move up to HW. He's a plodding, stationary target that would get flattened by the huge punchers in the division. He needs to stay where he is, where his size and power is an ultimate equalizer.
                      He have a good footwork, it's just that he is always the guy coming foward, so he maintains position. He can be pretty agile too

Comment

Working...
                      X