No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury lost his Ring Magazine belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheUntouchable View Post
    Nope, the smart ones don't care about the belts, they just use them to make money.
    Yep. Very true.

A belt used to represent something. Of the man who wore it and to the people who watched boxers fight for belts.

Gradually belts have lost value and meaning. Now belts are a tool to bigger status + more money and about marketing a fight mostly. They don't represent anything close to what they used to represent.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Yep. Very true.

A belt used to represent something. Of the man who wore it and to the people who watched boxers fight for belts.

Gradually belts have lost value and meaning. Now belts are a tool to bigger status + more money and about marketing a fight mostly. They don't represent anything close to what they used to represent.
      hard for a belt to have meaning when there are five world champions, potentially six if there is an interim to go along with the regular and the super champs as well as the other champions.

It's hard enough following who all the champions are with just one sanctioning body sometimes.

Comment

Fury should hold a press conference dumping the belt in the trash a la Riddick Bowe

Comment

this roided up coke head should've been stripped ages ago. fake champ he was juiced up.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            hard for a belt to have meaning when there are five world champions, potentially six if there is an interim to go along with the regular and the super champs as well as the other champions.

It's hard enough following who all the champions are with just one sanctioning body sometimes.
            Yep. And thats not even the worst of it to me necessarily. Its the fact that since more belts have come into play & continue to come into play + more guys are just happy to hold a belt vs be the #1 guy its become virtually impossible to say a guy is the #1 guy in most divisions.

I mean people got their opinions, but its not uncommon to have multiple undefeated top 3, top 5 guys in a division so opinions don't win the day cuz opinions often get proven wrong.

This is a problem to the historical lineage of boxing when there is no definite #1 guy at any given time in the current era. It makes this whole timeline look bad in that EVERYONE is ultimately a disputed champion except the couple guys who've won & kept all the belts in a division.

Comment

Does it really take that long to lose the ring belt? It's been over 2 years!

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Yep. And thats not even the worst of it to me necessarily. Its the fact that since more belts have come into play & continue to come into play + more guys are just happy to hold a belt vs be the #1 guy its become virtually impossible to say a guy is the #1 guy in most divisions.

I mean people got their opinions, but its not uncommon to have multiple undefeated top 3, top 5 guys in a division so opinions don't win the day cuz opinions often get proven wrong.

This is a problem to the historical lineage of boxing when there is no definite #1 guy at any given time in the current era. It makes this whole timeline look bad in that EVERYONE is ultimately a disputed champion except the couple guys who've won & kept all the belts in a division.
                Very true, which is why (although I'm not a Fury fan) I will always side with him when it comes to him being the Lineal champion. That title means something IMO. At least with this era we should be able to get an undisputed lineal champion, something we didn't get during the Klitschko era.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
                  They stripping him right now! It's up for grabs again. Best day ever, yall. Just picture me on the cover of Ring Magazine by the end of the year. I can see it now. That belt gonna look so nice around my waist..
                  Man, that motha****a gonna look superbulous on you, cuz.

Comment

Who the FOOK is the lineal CHAMPION?

Say his name people

Tyson 2Fast Fury.

The FURIOUS ONE is coming to KTFO that bum Anthony 'Femi' Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                      Good riddance. That fat fuck ducked a Wladimir rematch and has done nothing but talk crap on twitter.

EDIT: Not to mention he was on roids for the first fight.
                      Say what you will, he's still #1 in the division lol.

No proof he was on roids either, just that he failed a urine test. Fury is back, and the division is on notice.

Comment

Working...
                      X